BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

I think at Birmingham, obviously he left them in 6th but it was somewhat misleading in that it was so soon in the season, there was about 2 points between them and something stupid like 17th, and they then had Middlesbrough, Hull, Southampton and Ipswich in the following 4 games following his departure, so I suspect they wouldnt have stayed 6th.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think at Birmingham, obviously he left them in 6th but it was somewhat misleading in that it was so soon in the season, there was about 2 points between them and something stupid like 17th, and they then had Middlesbrough, Hull, Southampton and Ipswich in the following 4 games following his departure, so I suspect they wouldnt have stayed 6th.

They'd also played an extra game than the other teams when they were 6th having played on a Friday night against West Brom.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It really is the most extreme form of desperation that we are already at the stage of artificially adding wins to Eustace's record in games that he had no input into, just to make his record appear less awful, and that even if we do give him that win, which he shouldn't get, it is STILL ONLY 3 wins in 17

We are arguing about whether it is a 17% win record or an 11% win record. Most of us agree it is 11%. Irrational people desperate to try and fluff his record up a bit claim it is 17%. Still rubbish, just a bit less rubbish.

Yes it's a bit like some lad trying to show how hard he is by insisting he had a Tikka Masala curry instead of a Korma. The whole thing is pathetic.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's your opinion. I stick to mine. Tell to move on if you asking me. 

so if he isn't the man to take us forward, who is then? any choices? 

Not a clue.

I dont think he is the man to take us forward. His results havent been good enough and I think deep down even you know that hence your desperation to tag on the Stoke win to make his points per game seem less shit.

Even beyond that, do I see green shoots of going in the right direction? No. I have seen no gradual improvement in line with more time on the training ground. We have spurned numerous attempts for him to get even one home win considering some favourable fixtures. I have seen absolutely no patterns of play in terms of attacking, we just lump it aimlessly forward so often. Dont mind the football being more pragmatic if its effective, but its just boring and ineffective, not a good combination. We had real issues with attacking set pieces under Tomasson, I read that he could improve us there, no improvement whatsoever.

I acknowledge the difficulties in taking the Rovers job, but I don't think hes done well enough even taking that into account.

But he will be here, and would be even if we went down. 2 years on his deal, Venkys wont pay him up.

I know youll say we wont go down, and I dont think so either, other results will keep us up. But for you would his job be safe even if we went down?

Im still to see specifically what you have seen to warrant continuing with him.

• Like 3

Is it wrong to assume he was a quickfire appointment by Waggott to exert some power over Broughton / reinforce his own position?

He led a clusterfuck search before Broughton came in and appointed JDT.

Regardless of who was responsible for bringing him in I don't understand the need to hand out the length of contract. Surely 18 months with an agreement to review after the season would have been more appropriate? That said, only at a competent club would that happen.

• Like 5

That's your opinion. I stick to mine. Tell to move on if you asking me. 

Said it before but not all opinions are y'knoe correct or should be held in equal regard. I mean if my opinion is the moon is made of cheese, despite some evidence to the contrary,  does that make it as valid and to be held in the same regard as other opinions?

so if he isn't the man to take us forward, who is then? any choices? 

Who best to take us forward is a different question and completely separate to whether Eustace is the right man for the job. I don't know what 364 x 27.5 is offhand but I know the answer isn't 6! Likewise unsure of who would be best but it definitely isn't Eustace. 

If I had to go for someone it would be Rowatt despite a bad time at Brum. What he's done at Brum previously and Millwall makes me think he would be a good choice, or as good as we realistically could get. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, roverblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24296607.eustace-gives-clear-indication-blackburn-rovers-future/

Appears to be no recognition of the total lack of wins/points since he came in or that he is under pressure if we go down.

Always makes me laugh when people try and say the Rovers job isn’t an attractive one - it’s bloody fantastic for your journeyman manager.

No pressure at all to get results, no chance of the sack for as long as you have a contract, so you can just get your feet under the table in a nice environment like Brockhall.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Blimey, the man's a complete tool. 

Eustace wants to stay on and help build Rovers to a brighter future.

"I hope so yes, absolutely. I came in to help the football club," he told The Lancashire Telegraph.

So that’s what he’s here for. To help. Unfortunately his help is akin to my toddler’s help when I’m doing the dishes or cleaning. Also anyone else uneasy about the word help – very subjective, lacks accountability and clarity. He wasn’t brought in to help – he was brought in to achieve success. (Well actually to be a yes man but still…) The loosening of his remit to help, when he’s the sodding head coach is devolving him of responsibility and accountability and shows what kind of person he is.  

"It's a fantastic football club with fantastic players and fantastic fans. It is a place that I want to be.

This is a blatant lie. Now I appreciate he isn’t going to say the players are all crap, but to say they are fantastic is beyond a stretch. It’s delusional and gaslighting.  

"Over the last 17, 18 games, I think we've had a good consistency in how we have played but what hasn't been consistent is putting the ball in the net and that is something we have to work on and improve," he admitted.

Good consistency? What on earth? I suppose we have been consistent, but not in a good way. We’re consistently poor. Again its utter delusion and gaslighting.

"The forward players, midfield and defence have a collective responsibility not just to defend but to score. We haven't had enough goals from midfielders or defenders from set-pieces. It's something we will look at."

There’s also the issue of our other strikers being appalling. Glad he’s going to look into it at some point, better late then never.

What an utter tool.

• Like 9

The point made above about a 2 1/2 years contract is a valid one. Who in their right mind decided on that? Surely even a short term contract to the end of the season with a set target, meaning it was extended for 12 months would have been more like it.

Had that target been based on wins, then there is a fair chance it would now been thanks bit no thanks.

In terms of a replacement, who knows, but he would have to be pretty bad if he can't improve on an 11% win rate, as I think even I could do better than that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lraC said:

The point made above about a 2 1/2 years contract is a valid one. Who in their right mind decided on that? Surely even a short term contract to the end of the season with a set target, meaning it was extended for 12 months would have been more like it.

Had that target been based on wins, then there is a fair chance it would now been thanks bit no thanks.

In terms of a replacement, who knows, but he would have to be pretty bad if he can't improve on an 11% win rate, as I think even I could do better than that.

We should have offered a contract till the end of the season only. A relegation to League 1 will require a different style of manager this time.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Agree with all the stuff about Eustace - IMO, way out of his depth, unintelligent and just a cliche / platitude ridden bullsh1tter.

Worse Rovers managers who readily come to my mind include Iley, Ince, Kean, Berg and Coyle and Eustace, IMO, is as bad as any of them, if not worse.

No matter what league we are in next season, I think it will be a disaster if he remains in charge.   Never mind all the crap about giving him opportunity to shape the squad, he's already shown his limitations and I think his record is absolute dire with Rovers and speaks for itself.  When he became our manager we were in 17th place, 7 points above 22nd place, now we are 19th and just 3 points above 22nd place and in danger of falling through the trap door tomorrow.  Eustace has 2 wins to his name and hasn't even averaged 1 point per game - it's totally indefensible.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, M_B said:

5 defeats in 17 isn't at all bad though,considering the car crash he took over. 

Car crash that was 7 points clear and 13 clear of weds. No home wins . Not tried to win a game ...aye it ain't bad

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Blimey, the man's a complete tool. 

Eustace wants to stay on and help build Rovers to a brighter future.

"I hope so yes, absolutely. I came in to help the football club," he told The Lancashire Telegraph.

So that’s what he’s here for. To help. Unfortunately his help is akin to my toddler’s help when I’m doing the dishes or cleaning. Also anyone else uneasy about the word help – very subjective, lacks accountability and clarity. He wasn’t brought in to help – he was brought in to achieve success. (Well actually to be a yes man but still…) The loosening of his remit to help, when he’s the sodding head coach is devolving him of responsibility and accountability and shows what kind of person he is.  

"It's a fantastic football club with fantastic players and fantastic fans. It is a place that I want to be.

This is a blatant lie. Now I appreciate he isn’t going to say the players are all crap, but to say they are fantastic is beyond a stretch. It’s delusional and gaslighting.  

"Over the last 17, 18 games, I think we've had a good consistency in how we have played but what hasn't been consistent is putting the ball in the net and that is something we have to work on and improve," he admitted.

Good consistency? What on earth? I suppose we have been consistent, but not in a good way. We’re consistently poor. Again its utter delusion and gaslighting.

"The forward players, midfield and defence have a collective responsibility not just to defend but to score. We haven't had enough goals from midfielders or defenders from set-pieces. It's something we will look at."

There’s also the issue of our other strikers being appalling. Glad he’s going to look into it at some point, better late then never.

What an utter tool.

I don't do religion but fk me he's kean reincarnated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

The real question is if he's at a fantastic club with fantastic players and supported by fantastic fans, why have results been utterly shit?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

FFS, stop trying to grasp at straws - think everyone but you, INCLUDING ROVERS, recognises Eusless WAS NOT in charge for the Stoke game.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/09/eustace-appointed-rovers-head-coach/

Rovers’ first team coaches David Lowe and Damien Johnson will take charge of tomorrow’s home game against Stoke City, with new Head Coach John Eustace in close attendance.

He has won 2 league games - simple as, full stop.

Not one can argue with this surely

He saw we were winning and probably went down to claim the win.

😂

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not one can argue with this surely

He saw we were winning and probably went down to claim the win.

😂

Would we have seen him if we had been losing!?  I very much doubt it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He'll be here until we get relegated again next season. Goodness knows who will come in. Probably George Galloway

“Venky’s, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability”

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Surely it should at least have been a 2 1/2 year contract which could be reviewed at any point in the event of relegation. That would give the manager security providing they aren't an absolute failure.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lraC said:

Think it just underlines the lack of nous and commercial/business awareness at Ewood.

If we had been trying to prise a manager away from another club then obviously a contract of some length would have been necessary, however, Eustace had been out of work for 4 months or so and did not seem to have suitors knocking down his door.

I would have given him a contract to the end of season with a season end review based upon performance results wise and also the other boxes a competent manager/coach needs to tick.  Does anyone seriously think Eustace would have turned that down?  Notwithstanding all that, I wouldn't have appointed Eustace in the first place - IMO, he had little managerial 'pedigree' to replace JDT and any benefit of the doubt about his suitability would have quickly been negated by a face to face interview which would have quickly revealed his limitations.    

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

“I don't think we will be celebrating if we stay up. At the start of the season, we wanted to be in and around the play-offs.

"If we go and win, brilliant. But we won't be celebrating because we know, as a group of players, we are miles better than what we have shown this season.

"We have to stay in the league. When we came in for pre-season, we wanted to be fighting at the other end, trying to get in the Premier League.

Best have a word with your gaffer, Hayden.

• Like 3

iv`e been involved with  the game long enough to spot a **** manager/head coach and he certainly is up there,the kind of manager who could spent infinate amounts of money and still fail to build a winning side,eustace has an annoying smug side as well,like he knows everything and the everyone is beneath him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Car crash that was 7 points clear and 13 clear of weds. No home wins . Not tried to win a game ...aye it ain't bad

If it was a car crash that he took over, then he has presided over a motorway pile up. 

• Like 4