BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

QPR, Millwall, Sheff Wed have all had managerial changes that have had an impact, especially when you consider their respective league positions when they went in, the results are plain to see - this fella obviously hasn’t, luckily he had a very handy buffer to fall back on.

Though I suppose he has steadied the ship as it hasn’t sank yet, but he couldn’t actually steer it into calm waters like the bosses of those other clubs.

Though I suppose he has steadied the ship as it hasn’t sank yet, but he couldn’t actually steer it into calm waters like the bosses of those other clubs.

Very well put. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yet the returns have got no better under Eustace and we are now lower in the table and closer to relegation in terms of points than when he took over. So what does that say about Eustace and the the ship he is in charge of? And if we do achieve what you view as a success and stay up it will be thanks to the points accumulated by JDT where in the first 4 months of the season where he massively overachieved with this group of players.

JDT had Wharton. When he left 50 % of our attacking threat went with him out of the door. It was our “ Ken Knighton “ moment, when the management sold the one player that could have possibly kept us up to pay the wages and keep the lights on,

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

JDT had Wharton. When he left 50 % of our attacking threat went with him out of the door. It was our “ Ken Knighton “ moment, when the management sold the one player that could have possibly kept us up to pay the wages and keep the lights on,

50% of our attacking threat? Come off it Adam Wharton is a fine player but to suggest that he with 2 goals and 3 assist was 50% of our attacking threat when we have the leagues top scorer who has the most goals in a season for the club since Shearer is preposterous. Anyway if Wharton had played under Eustace his ability to impact a game would have been stunted by Eustace's dreadful cowardly football. The reasons Wharton developed so well and quickly under JDT was that JDT encouraged his players to play football and take some risks.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

50% of our attacking threat? Come off it Adam Wharton is a fine player but to suggest that he with 2 goals and 3 assist was 50% of our attacking threat when we have the leagues top scorer who has the most goals in a season for the club since Shearer is preposterous. Anyway if Wharton had played under Eustace his ability to impact a game would have been stunted by Eustace's dreadful cowardly football. The reasons Wharton developed so well and quickly under JDT was that JDT encouraged his players to play football and take some risks.

It’s not just about statistics is it ? He was the one player who could consistently get us from deep in our half to deep in the opponents half with a pass or a carry. Tronstad can’t, Travis couldn’t , JRC could do it once in half a dozen games. It’s not his fault if he was laying balls on a plate for the other dopes to squander.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s not just about statistics is it ? He was the one player who could consistently get us from deep in our half to deep in the opponents half with a pass or a carry. Tronstad can’t, Travis couldn’t , JRC could do it once in half a dozen games. It’s not his fault if he was laying balls on a plate for the other dopes to squander.

The difference without Wharton is palpable, with him balls went forward or in behind to start attacking play.

Without him we continually go across the back line into the corner, back out again, across the line. Meanwhile all 11 opposition players have filled their box whilst we move it along like a hot potato going nowhere. 

• Like 3

Tbf a few are saying that we will stay up because the teams below haven’t picked up , with the exception of Rotherham I would say they have, they have all got points I wouldn’t have considered, we could really have done with a couple of them not picking up. Even Huddersfield have ran us close. Preston and Leicester in particular seem to have thrown points to our relegation rivals 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbf a few are saying that we will stay up because the teams below haven’t picked up , with the exception of Rotherham I would say they have, they have all got points I wouldn’t have considered, we could really have done with a couple of them not picking up. Even Huddersfield have ran us close. Preston and Leicester in particular seem to have thrown points to our relegation rivals 

Every season there’s usually one team that looks dead and buried in January but goes on an unbelievable run to get clear. This season several teams have gone on runs to pull clear.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Burnley have looked certs for the drop all season but can still escape if results go their way. Conversely, there's usually a club that sinks from mid-table in January down to the bottom - we're this season's candidates 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not having it. It sounds like you are basically saying this side would go down from where we were in early Feb no matter who the manager is once Wharton left, but Adam Wharton ‘could have possibly’ kept us up.

If we go down on Saturday it’s a major managerial failure by the incumbent. That doesn’t detract from its also a monumental failure by those above on several levels - Wharton, Travis, appointing Eustace, Ennis,Semir and Leo, Send buttons, Indian court cases, etc..

Edited by Hasta

Yes, Euseless has inherited a poor squad

But that isn't an excuse for some of the dire performances and shockingly weak mentality shown under him.

The lack of concentration and weakness under pressure by Hyam and Pears isn't caused by Gallagher rather than Messi plodding around upfront.

You've just got to watch other teams when they have conceded a goal, they are urgent and determined to get one back. We fall to pieces and give up.

Not to mention JE playing 5 at the back and inviting pressure on at home.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Not having it. It sounds like you are basically saying this side would go down from where we were in early Feb no matter who the manager is once Wharton left, but Adam Wharton ‘could have possibly’ kept us up.

If we go down on Saturday it’s a major managerial failure by the incumbent. That doesn’t detract from its also a monumental failure by those above on several levels - Wharton, Travis, appointing Eustace, Ennis,Semir and Leo, Send buttons, Indian court cases, etc..

Do you think that getting 5 points from his last 11 games, most of them with Wharton in the team, was a major managerial failure by JDT ?

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Do you think that getting 5 points from his last 11 games, most of them with Wharton in the team, was a major managerial failure by JDT ?

If we go down, do you think it is JDT's fault?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes. As was getting into a position where he was completely demotivated to do the job and allowing a bad relationship with the players to start to fester.

The difference being , unlike many,  I can criticse JDT whilst also seperately criticising Eustace. It's not either / or.

Edited by Hasta

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, aletheia said:

If we go down, do you think it is JDT's fault?

Partially yes. And he's gone, just as he had to. If we go down I will also want Eustace out of the club.

Edited by Hasta

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yes. As was getting into a position where he was completely demotivated to do the job and allowing a bad relationship with the players to start to fester.

The difference being , unlike many,  I can criticse JDT whilst also seperately criticising Eustace. It's not either / or.

The difference between the two though is that JDT's final 15 games (where he'd given up and wanted out) is at least comparable to JE's first 15.

Yes JDT has Wharton, but JE has had many players returning from injury.

Both should be criticised, absolutely. But I've seen nothing to suggest anything other than a struggle next season under JE.

• Like 2

eustace is another appleton,dull,charisma free,dubious tactics and one of the "positive brigade",we could lose 7-0 every week and there would still be "positives" about it,i very much doubt he`ll achieve anything here,especially with the idiots running the club,i feel sorry for him in the respect but just can`t take to the fellow

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Andy said:

The difference between the two though is that JDT's final 15 games (where he'd given up and wanted out) is at least comparable to JE's first 15.

Yes JDT has Wharton, but JE has had many players returning from injury.

Both should be criticised, absolutely. But I've seen nothing to suggest anything other than a struggle next season under JE.

Not only are JDT's games where he couldn't be bothered comparable to JE's, but a lot of utter dross we've had in years past have better records too. Any half competent manager could have got even one home win from the games he's had.

If the likes of Berg, Appleton, Coyle etc were sackable, Eustace is considerably more sackable. If we're in the Championship next season, he shouldn't be here. If we're in League One, he definitely shouldn't be here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Not only are JDT's games where he couldn't be bothered comparable to JE's, but a lot of utter dross we've had in years past have better records too. Any half competent manager could have got even one home win from the games he's had.

If the likes of Berg, Appleton, Coyle etc were sackable, Eustace is considerably more sackable. If we're in the Championship next season, he shouldn't be here. If we're in League One, he definitely shouldn't be here.

The fact is, it doesn't matter who thinks whether Eustace should or shouldn't  be here next season. I don't think we have the available money to pay him off, so he will be here.

9 hours ago, Hasta said:

Yep. Survival is being marketed as a success by many.

Indeed. Although I was delighted by the result at Leeds I couldn't help but feel embarrassed when the Rovers fans were singing "we are staying up"

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eustace is another appleton,dull,charisma free,dubious tactics and one of the "positive brigade",we could lose 7-0 every week and there would still be "positives" about it,i very much doubt he`ll achieve anything here,especially with the idiots running the club,i feel sorry for him in the respect but just can`t take to the fellow

Sadly he isn't here to achieve anything other than staying in this league and if we stay up it'll be the same aim next season.

If we go down he must be moved on no ifs buts maybes and so should the people who brought him in.

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Indeed. Although I was delighted by the result at Leeds I couldn't help but feel embarrassed when the Rovers fans were singing "we are staying up"

Yes it was embarrassing. If we'd have won that game to clinch a playoff place that's a different story.

I am not happy with just plodding along staying in this division. If there is no ambition to do anything more than that then the club either needs selling or shutting down. There is no point in Blackburn Rovers existing to just plod along in the second division.

4 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Yes, Euseless has inherited a poor squad

But that isn't an excuse for some of the dire performances and shockingly weak mentality shown under him.

The lack of concentration and weakness under pressure by Hyam and Pears isn't caused by Gallagher rather than Messi plodding around upfront.

You've just got to watch other teams when they have conceded a goal, they are urgent and determined to get one back. We fall to pieces and give up.

Not to mention JE playing 5 at the back and inviting pressure on at home.

Eustace said the squad was fantastic when he came in.

No excuses there for John Eustace.

• Like 2