BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I love how Tomasson has started to get some criticism now he is no longer our manager. Same happened with Mowbray and now Eustace can do no wrong.

I'm a big JDT fan, but I haven't seen anybody defend his record for the final 15 or so games.
He'd clearly given up and wanted out - and this came across loud and clear.

The fact that those final 15 games, as horrible as they were, equal's JE's new manager bounce (his first 15 games) is beyond worrying.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, M_B said:

It's all about opinions, Keiran Mckenna's is good enough for me. 

I dont get why you dont have enough faith in your opinion to just pass it off in favour of McKenna's. We dont even know if he picked him but he wont have seen him week in week out for years like us.

That being said, there is an element of truth in what you say about losing him. Hes proven himself over many years to be somewhat effective at this level, he usually gets 8 or 9 goals and he offers other things, I'd say he is Championship standard but bottom half. If we signed a player with his record for a free, we would probably be saying he is a decent squad pick up. 

We are also likely to be scrambling around in the frees and loan market, and we know from experience that it is difficult to get anyone anywhere near good enough under those conditions, so to get 2 up to standard will be hard.

That being said, he has had a particularly bad season this season, especially with his recurring injuries, and he is the top earner. It would be a no brainer to let him go if we had competent owners and room to manouevre budget wise, as we likely wont then it is a bit of a risk but I still think he should probably be let go.

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm a big JDT fan, but I haven't seen anybody defend his record for the final 15 or so games.
He'd clearly given up and wanted out - and this came across loud and clear.

The fact that those final 15 games, as horrible as they were, equal's JE's new manager bounce (his first 15 games) is beyond worrying.

I meant that chaddy wouldnt say a bad word about him and was fuming when he left. Now all of a sudden like with Mowbray before, he is happy to criticse him and shield the current manager from any sort of criticism.

I agree with you and as we will likely just about stay up, its the first third of the season that has done all of the work under Tomasson.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get why you dont have enough faith in your opinion to just pass it off in favour of McKenna's. We dont even know if he picked him but he wont have seen him week in week out for years like us.

That being said, there is an element of truth in what you say about losing him. Hes proven himself over many years to be somewhat effective at this level, he usually gets 8 or 9 goals and he offers other things, I'd say he is Championship standard but bottom half. If we signed a player with his record for a free, we would probably be saying he is a decent squad pick up. 

We are also likely to be scrambling around in the frees and loan market, and we know from experience that it is difficult to get anyone anywhere near good enough under those conditions, so to get 2 up to standard will be hard.

That being said, he has had a particularly bad season this season, especially with his recurring injuries, and he is the top earner. It would be a no brainer to let him go if we had competent owners and room to manouevre budget wise, as we likely wont then it is a bit of a risk but I still think he should probably be let go.

I’ve defended Gally in the past but as the seasons have gone by he’s just  got worse and worse. He’s supposed to be our No1 striker and when did he last look like scoring a goal ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

first indication of nothing changing and no significant incomings  will be if gallagher gets a contract extension,if he gets ***** off it could be a good sign that there are some changes afoot,don`t want to go into next season with bloody gallagher leading the line

So long as its not Telovic.

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve defended Gally in the past but as the seasons have gone by he’s just  got worse and worse. He’s supposed to be our No1 striker and when did he last look like scoring a goal ?

This. I too have defended him in the past but we really need a goal scorer not a forward who is handy to have at the back , best way I can put it is that he is a striker who doesn’t crave goals, never seen that hunger in him 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Was replying 4 times not enough faith? 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I meant that chaddy wouldnt say a bad word about him and was fuming when he left. Now all of a sudden like with Mowbray before, he is happy to criticse him and shield the current manager from any sort of criticism.

I have criticised John Eustace so your comments is totally and utter BS. 

Criticise Eustace for his tactics and subs at Bristol City, his decisions in the second half against Sheffield Wednesday like his lateness of triple subs or not changing formation. Even on Saturday I thought Chrisene should have been on the same time as Ayari when they went down to 10 men.  

I did criticise JDT when it was right. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Criticise Eustace for his tactics and subs at Bristol City, his decisions in the second half against Sheffield Wednesday like his lateness of triple subs or not changing formation. Even on Saturday I thought Chrisene should have been on the same time as Ayari when they went down to 10 men.  

💩

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Banter surely?

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s clumsy enough to score an own goal though

38 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Barely seen it mentioned but the fact that he got sent off for fighting a player for the ball in a league that operates a multi ball system about sums him up, thick as mince. 

It made no sense on any level, Palmer was being a prat but he'd likely have been booked either way, no need to get involved at all. It wasn't even with the clock ticking down that much either, there was about 30mins left. Bizarre that he felt that that was urgent and necessary yet piddling about with 5 at the back with even less time to go against 10 men wasn't.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Barely seen it mentioned but the fact that he got sent off for fighting a player for the ball in a league that operates a multi ball system about sums him up, thick as mince. 

He strikes me as the type of manager who would have seen that as an opportunity to 'set an example' - even though his overall approach to matches is defensive and lethargic.

It's straight out of the David Brent book of management. I'm sure he'll have shown it a few times to the players as an example of he intensity they need to bring to the match on Saturday.

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RV Blue said:

The referee caused that incident by taking an age to signal the direction of the throw. I actually thought it was a Coventry throw and I'm assuming Palmer did too by the way he held on to the ball. When the referee finally gave Rovers the throw Palmer had been hold of the ball for a few seconds and would have been out of position if we had taken a quick throw. When Eustace realised this he tried to snatch the ball and get play going quickly. Then the melee ensued but had the referee signalled earlier it wouldn't have happened. I'm certainly not going to be critical of Eustace because of his actions.

• Like 2