BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

• Backroom

We go into every game trying not to lose as opposed to trying to win. Evidently that's what Eustace believes is the best approach to keeping us up, but he must rate our squad extremely poorly if he won't even deviate from that strategy at home to teams below us in the league. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, DE. said:

We go into every game trying not to lose as opposed to trying to win. Evidently that's what Eustace believes is the best approach to keeping us up, but he must rate our squad extremely poorly if he won't even deviate from that strategy at home to teams below us in the league. 

In his defence it's a shit squad. 

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Just the same when Mowbray took over and even often in league 1.

Eustace is cut from the same cloth, standard coaching manual British coach.

Which is shit and is why we've never seen an English team do anything on the international stage.

It's a shit approach and never yields anything other than mediocrity.

You're better off getting beat trying to win than getting beat trying not to lose. I have yet to see useless even trying to win a game. Sunderland was a dead rubber for them and Leeds was a smash and grab where we got incredibly lucky to not concede in the first half.

We all know this squad is shit but he came in singing their praises and basically alluding to JDT just making "excuses" for the absolute dog shit results. As we all know they weren't excuses, the squad is shit and full of soft little boys that can't handle the jandal.

Also remember this, when useless took over we were closer to the top six than the bottom three.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Which is shit and is why we've never seen an English team do anything on the international stage.

It's a shit approach and never yields anything other than mediocrity.

You're better off getting beat trying to win than getting beat trying not to lose. I have yet to see useless even trying to win a game. Sunderland was a dead rubber for them and Leeds was a smash and grab where we got incredibly lucky to not concede in the first half.

We all know this squad is shit but he came in singing their praises and basically alluding to JDT just making "excuses" for the absolute dog shit results. As we all know they weren't excuses, the squad is shit and full of soft little boys that can't handle the jandal.

Also remember this, when useless took over we were closer to the top six than the bottom three.

No we weren’t, after the Stoke game we were 11 points behind sixth and 7 points ahead of 22nd.

This is in no way an endorsement of JE - he’s done nothing to convince me he’s the right man for the job (before anyone asks I’ve no idea who would be 😬)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

No we weren’t, after the Stoke game we were 11 points behind sixth and 7 points ahead of 22nd.

This is in no way an endorsement of JE - he’s done nothing to convince me he’s the right man for the job (before anyone asks I’ve no idea who would be 😬)

I stand corrected.

Regardless, we should always be looking up the table not down it.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Hopefully we won’t be, but by 6.00pm tomorrow, we could be 0 points clear of 22nd. 

Last weekend I was nervous as fuck and had hope , this weekend no nerves as I've resimyself to the players and manager not giving a fucking toss about survival.

Get the regime out 

2 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Regardless of what happens next weekend, (and on the balance of probabilities we'll most likely just have enough) - this guy clearly ain't good enough to take us forward. Set up not to loose against a knackered team, at home, with owt to play for, when we need the win. 

Another Mowbray. Dull as dishwater. 

• Like 2

I have stuck up for him since he came in really , as he was left a mess of a squad with no power to get his own players in but im not seeing anything to give me confidence that he is a winner and can stop our decline. Fluffed 2/3 good opportunities to get us safe and just hasn’t been brave enough to get us wins instead of draws. When are we going to get a late winner? I don’t want a scared manager, that breeds onto the pitch.

we need something different, give me a sheff wed or qpr type appointment 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Remember earlier in the season under JDT even when we were beat, opposing Managers were praising the style and the squad as tough to beat. Men's nothing in terms of points I know but not seen anything like that since JDT and rightly so

Most of the quotes of tough to beat, where from teams who had just beaten us.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

To be fair in a lot of those early games we dominated but then our soft as shit squad crumbled as soon as we conceded a goal. We played quite well and a lot of those comments weren't just empty plaudits.

We've gone half a season now without even trying to win a game.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I always took those quotes as opposition managers simply blowing smoke up their own arses after beating us.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I always took those quotes as opposition managers' simply blowing smoke up their own arses after beating us.

I saw a clip from a podcast not so long ago with Big Sam and Tony Pulis and Pulis was talking about when Stoke got promoted to the Premier League. He said Sir Alex told him they needed to make their home games as nasty as possible, and if opposition managers started praising their football they were as good as relegated. 

• Like 5