BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Definitely not convinced by Eustace.

Really don't think I'd want him trying to plot a return to the championship next season. 

As we've talked about 100's of times over the last 14 years, individual mistakes happen more often with poor management/coaching.

We're making too many, too often now. 

Imagine going to Exeter next season, parking the bus and playing for a draw. Christ it's going to be grim.

Edited by davulsukur

Bloke is as dry like a prune, zero personality, lead in the balloon. Even a couple of more wins and I would struggle to warm to this bloke. He’s failed and if we stay up it will be because of other teams dropping points, not us gaining them.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's really unfair and dismissive. 

You may look at a wider picture, you can debate and argue why said evidence doesn't matter so much or other stuff outweighs it, but you can't really say nothing when you ask for evidence and are given some. Especially when said evidence is clearly there- ie the errors are happening. What's the point in being on a MB if you completely disregard what others say?

Fwiw I'd say the individual errors is a big sign of a poor manager as they seem to be cut out or limited under better managers   

No its not unfair or dismissive at all. We made all mistakes all season under JDT and Eustace. So not really evidence was it. 

We don't know what is said at Brockhall and in the dressing room do we? 

32 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

What do you think of him smirking and smiling the presser with no tosses given over the result

non story for me. 

Of course he cares about the result but he has remain upbeat and positive. That's his job. 

I think he will be good manager here and given him the summer transfer window to bring in his own players, reshaped the squad into what he wants and pre season and I think we can get top 10 next season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No its not unfair or dismissive at all. We made all mistakes all season under JDT and Eustace. So not really evidence was it. 

non story for me. 

Of course he cares about the result but he has remain upbeat and positive. That's his job. 

I think he will be good manager here and given him the summer transfer window to bring in his own players, reshaped the squad into what he wants and pre season and I think we can get top 10 next season. 

Top 10?

What on earth brings you to that conclusion?

A manager with just 2 wins in 15 games, a really poor squad with horrifically weak mentality, selling our only goalscorer and no investment in the summer and you think we will get better???

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

non story for me. 

See now you have started to address the points, and give some counter arguments. That isn't unfair or dismissive and they both have some merit. Just saying "nothing then" is. I'd say the errors is evidence as good managers cut it out. And as for the comments, they annoy me more as I want a Rovers manager who tells it as it is, but I can see why it's cause concern regarding his capabilities. 

Incidentally, we've  been doing stupid mistakes all season is hardly a resounding endorsement of Eustace but there we go. 

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Top 10?

A manager with just 2 wins in 15 games, a really poor squad with horrifically weak mentality, selling our only goalscorer and no investment in the summer and you think we will get better???

We don't know whether they will be any investment in the summer or whether Szmodics will leave or not. I think we will spend some money in the summer . 

If you disagree fine by me. 

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

See now you have started to address the points, and give some counter arguments. That isn't unfair or dismissive and they both have some merit. Just saying "nothing then" is. I'd say the errors is evidence as good managers cut it out. And as for the comments, they annoy me more as I want a Rovers manager who tells it as it is, but I can see why it's cause concern regarding his capabilities. 

Incidentally, we've  been doing stupid mistakes all season is hardly a resounding endorsement of Eustace but there we go. 

very few managers and head coaches aren't going to throw the players under the buses when talking the media are they? 

Under Eustace we had cut out the errors until the Bristol City awful and disappointed performance and result

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't know whether they will be any investment in the summer or whether Szmodics will leave or not. I think we will spend some money in the summer . 

If you disagree fine by me. 

very few managers and head coaches aren't going to throw the players under the buses when talking the media are they? 

Under Eustace we had cut out the errors until the Bristol City awful and disappointed performance and result

Of course we know Szmodics will go in the summer. He's at his peak, he'll never be worth more money than his value is right now. That's the model the club has stated, repeatedly that they are taking. We buy players and sell them on when the valuation suits the club.

Venkys will not invest to the levels required, season on season has been a cost cutting exercise for the last few years. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Top 10?

In fairness he didn’t say which league we’d be finishing top ten in…

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

non story for me. 

Bwaahaa 

Well, he managed to grind out a result last week and then yet again when the impetus is on him he completely fails to deliver. 2 wins in 15, 0 wins at home with some abysmal football to boot. The "pragmatic" approach is fine is you're actually getting points but we're doing nothing to try to win.

At this point he's basically Gareth Ainsworth with better PR.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

non story for me. 

Is that in League 1😃

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we get relegated i don`t think eustace will have a clue of how to play in league one,thats a big concern,we certainly can`t go into it with the players we`ve got,we`ll get bullied off the pitch and surrender with a whimper

This is my huge concern.

Whatever you think of Mowbray's tenure here, he did a very good job of uniting the club and turning it around from the death spiral it was in, after we went down.

Can this current wet lettuce do that? His standards are as high as 'let's just be competitive' at home to Sheffield Weds.
We were anything but, in any case.

Just accept that he was a gamble that didn't work and get somebody in who knows what they are doing.

As for smiling and being all dismissive in his presser...

• Like 2

Had we cut the errors out? Second away at Preston was a mess from the keeper. McFadzean sent off v Plymouth. Wahlsted diving out the way v Millwall. Silly free kick after a poor Pears pass v Norwich. Hyam made a big error v Southampton that went unpunished. Obviously a number today and v Bristol City.

Mind you, most goals will contain a defensive error. You cant just shrug your shoulders as if its one of those things.

Im yet to see justification WHY Eustace can push us on. We havent won a home game, we have won 2 overall. Have we got less than a point a game? There is no sign even yet of any attacking plan at all. Faith of a top 10 finish, why? What based on?

We were undoubtedly in freefall at the back of JDT's tenure, but I'd still put money on us having a higher points tally right now, had he not walked.

We're something like 15-20 games into JE's reign and we're still waiting on that new manager bounce.
Oh, and a home win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

David Moyes on MotD apologised to West Ham fans after their 5-2 defeat at Crystal Palace

Has Eustace apologised for the debacle today? 

He hasn't and he won't.

One of the key traits of a strong leader is humility.

All JE seems capable of is sticking to a very vague script about 'sticking together', 'being competitive', or how outstanding we were.

It'd stick in the throat at any time, but directly after the breath of fresh air that was JDT (in this respect), he just comes across as disingenuous and a bit dim.

• Like 4

Keep it tight lads let them attack and lets hit Sam and Sammie early.

That i think was the entirety of today's match tactics and team talk.

He went on about quietening the Leeds crowd last week then reverses that by doing it to our own.

• Like 1