BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace had impressed at Birmingham earlier this season before his controversial sacking, and Rovers were confident he was the right man for the job.

Broughton continued: “My role then was to present the board of directors with a list. It is something we had been working on – and I have been quite open about it - for the previous 12 months.

“You have to highlight the risks, strengths and weaknesses of anybody who sits on that list.

“My job, when John Eustace comes into the post on the back of that, is to support him as best as possible, as I did with Jon Dahl previously.”

Rovers still have work to do heading into the final eight games of the Championship season as they aim to pull away from the relegation zone.

Broughton explained: “If you go back to where (Eustace) started at Kidderminster Harriers, they were very open and knows as the ‘Barcelona of non-league football’ in terms of some of their attacking play.

“You also saw at Birmingham last year that all of their players were either under 21 or over 28, they had very few players in that middle section. He also left the club in the play-off positions.

“Some of the headline data might not suggest that is the perfect match but when you scratch beneath the surface and do the research, there is a lot of alignment with the way we want to do things.

“The head coach needs the opportunity to get on the grass and implement his style of play. In John’s first five weeks here, we had double gameweeks because of our success in the FA Cup.

“This is the first extended period where he has been on the grass with the players, but I think he will need the rest of the season and pre-season as well for him to be able to put his slant on our game model.”

That’s fair enough.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Like this season the plan will be just to stay in the Championship.

It "suits" the project......

It's the lack of ambition that frustrates me as much as anything.

We've just spent the best part of 2 years challenging for the top 6 and talking about wanting to go up - yet right now, every point is celebrated by the club, as if staying up in the Championship is an achievement for Blackburn Rovers.

This summer is ginormous in shaping how the future of our club looks.

• Like 6

Undoubtably a massive result yesterday and he should rightly get plaudits for turning things around after the shambles in midweek, but a result that doesn't really change my opinion that much on Eustace. If we played that game 100 times we'd lose 99 of them, and it isn't sustainable over a longer term. 

For me we need to be looking at 4 points from the last 3 games, but ultimately, we all know it doesn't matter. Unless the owners decide to splash the cash in the summer we'll be in Rotherham's position next season - this squad has far too many holes and you know full well Sammie will be out the door as soon as someone comes calling.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I fully expect this season will be yet another step backwards and that is part of the reason a guy like Eustace was brought in to prep for weakening the team further and another season of fire fighting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy said:

It's the lack of ambition that frustrates me as much as anything.

We've just spent the best part of 2 years challenging for the top 6 and talking about wanting to go up - yet right now, every point is celebrated by the club, as if staying up in the Championship is an achievement for Blackburn Rovers.

This summer is ginormous in shaping how the future of our club looks.

Exactly, this season can only be seen as one of total failure. 

• Like 2

So who decides the “preferred candidate”? Sounds very much like GB gives Waggot and Suhail a list with a few benefits/drawbacks and then they pick the cheapest or the one most likely to toe the line.

I’M guessing this is GBs new remit in order to keep his job after inadvertently appointing someone with ambition, demands and standards/integrity/balls…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Get rid. Put in some useless tosser from the lower leagues who is out of a job in his place. If the Raos want non league football we may as well start now.

Have they not done that already?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Have they not done that already?

Good point. I was thinking of doing a speed run for non league football and picking someone even worse. If the Raos want to end this club let's get it over with ASAP and find the worst manager in League 2 over the last few seasons.

• Like 1

eustace does`nt do 2nd halfs judging by today,**** knows what he said to them because the 2nd half was a crash crash,sheff wed wanted it far more then we did,all three goals were shocking though,lack of shape,discipline and defensive know how,not sure about that back three either,it did`nt work against plymouth who exposed time and time again

• Like 1

WOW JUST SEEN THIS PRICKS PRESSER , LAUGHING AND SMILING ALL THRU IT .WHAT THE BOLLOX IS THAT ABOUT?????

I WAS FUMING NOW IM IN  FULL RAGE MODE 

WHY WOULD YOU SMILE AFTER THAT , THEY SHOULD STILL BE IN THE DRESSING WITH LOCKED DOORS AND FICK THE PRESS. 

A DEFEAT LIKE THAT DOES NOT WARRENT A SMILE

• Like 2

"Everyone knows that when someone makes a mistake there is no problem, it's part of the game" JE

Zero accountability 

This is terrible management 

No consequences for performing bad

This is why we keep losing and keep making stupid mistakes. Hyam Pears etc. Just not droppable and never held to account by this Fraud of a coach 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Everyone knows that when someone makes a mistake there is no problem, it's part of the game" JE

Zero accountability 

This is terrible management 

No consequences for performing bad

This is why we keep losing and keep making stupid mistakes. Hyam Pears etc. Just not droppable and never held to account by this Fraud of a coach 

I don't expect him to chuck his players under the bus (they prefer to do that to their own manager). 

However,  I massively get your point. It's endemic of the Academy culture here. Read the room Mr Eustace, at least show you expect better. Should have made a statement at HT v Bristol City with Hyam, that would have been strong management and you'd hope send a message.

I am sure the club will wheel out one of the "leadership committe" to be interviewed this week . We go again, we'll put things right, it was JDTs fault he shouted at us etc etc etc.

Best thing that ever happened to him was being sacked by Birmingham and replaced with Rooney. Its given him mythical status. The squad he left is thankfully even worse than the one he's helped guide towards the bottom 3.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eustace does`nt do 2nd halfs judging by today,**** knows what he said to them because the 2nd half was a crash crash,sheff wed wanted it far more then we did,all three goals were shocking though,lack of shape,discipline and defensive know how,not sure about that back three either,it did`nt work against plymouth who exposed time and time again

Totally agree about the back 3 the  players aren't suited to it neither are the wing backs who don't havete pace or mobility for the role 

• Like 2