BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I thought Eustace was a midfield hard-man player? He seems like a wet lettuce to me. 

sure he is,he`s weak as a manager,the players will have picked up on it and realise they can away with certain things now,they did the same with henning berg,if a manager does`nt put a statement of intent out that he`s the boss then players won`t respect him,he had the chance to stamp his authority over everyone when hyam was playing like an alcoholic tosspot,he bottled it because he did`nt want to upset his captain

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

When Lowe is deemed to be more switched on you know you’re in trouble.

I seem to remember him kicking off in a match a few seasons back? Was it Luton at home. I think he’s got some fight in him. But, yes it’s a bad sign. 

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sure he is,he`s weak as a manager,the players will have picked up on it and realise they can away with certain things now,they did the same with henning berg,if a manager does`nt put a statement of intent out that he`s the boss then players won`t respect him,he had the chance to stamp his authority over everyone when hyam was playing like an alcoholic tosspot,he bottled it because he did`nt want to upset his captain

This is one of the things that separates good managers from bad/average. Players need a bollocking sometimes and often you need to make this clear the fans that you’re not taking any shit. 

This can also come from the upper management. Can you imagine Uncle Jack standing for his bullshit? 

Might end up like Kidd, who was all nice and then we lost to Southampton and he starts coming out with rubber dingy men stuff. 

Useless will probably say he’s proud of the players when we go down without a wimper or another win. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is he going to get any credit for that massive win? The only side to come away from Elland Road with all 3 points this season - or has the jury already delivered their verdict?

He deserved huge credit and praise for today's victory as do the players for executing his plan for the match. 

• Like 1

The first half was shit and it would have been a case of when not if we concede if we'd have carried on like that.

He changed things up at the right time, took off Scott Wharton as he was a liability and we actually started having a go at them.

At half time I said that Leeds were there for the taking and thankfully the manager saw it as well and made the necessary changes.

That Leeds team were poor. The fact they are at the top end of the division shows that this league is very poor.

One or two more points and we're safe

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Who’d be a football manager?

Pulls out an amazing result just when we needed it and gets begrudging praise from some and not even that from others.

He might not be a legend but to get that sort of reaction from the team, particularly the defence, after what happened on Wednesday means he must have something about him, because that set of players have rarely shown cajones like that when we have really needed than to, regardless of who the manager has been.

Agreed.

I don't really understand the level of antipathy towards Eustace. It's not his fault he isn't JDT and it isn't Eustace's fault he has ended up here either as the former walked out on us in any event. Albeit totally understandably.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Who’d be a football manager?

Pulls out an amazing result just when we needed it and gets begrudging praise from some and not even that from others.

He might not be a legend but to get that sort of reaction from the team, particularly the defence, after what happened on Wednesday means he must have something about him, because that set of players have rarely shown cajones like that when we have really needed than to, regardless of who the manager has been.

Fantastic  result ..  master class by the manager today . 

Nothing begrudging on my behalf but surly jury still out even after that amazing result. Keep it real.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed.

I don't really understand the level of antipathy towards Eustace. It's not his fault he isn't JDT and it isn't Eustace's fault he has ended up here either as the former walked out on us in any event. Albeit totally understandably.

I think some of the flak has been completely OTT and disproportionate.

Without doubt, the fact that he’s not JDT (I think some have a shrine in their spare bedroom, complete with life size manikin), and that Waggott (reportedly) recruited him have influenced thinking.

If we’d been hopeless it would be justified, but on the whole he’s steadied the ship and we’ve been competitive in most games.

The one criticism is his win percentage, but even that is on an upward trajectory of late.

People talk about him not having the baggage that JDT did, but he’s had to come in and work with what was already here.

IF he keeps us up, he’s achieved his goal, and then we all wait and see what happens in the Summer.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Fantastic  result ..  master class by the manager today . 

Nothing begrudging on my behalf but surly jury still out even after that amazing result. Keep it real.

I’ve seen enough to be cautiously hopeful Abs. That real enough for you? 😂😉

• Like 2

Jury out for me. Set up in the only way he could really against a top side. Worked a treat. Players worked hard but look incredibly poor on the turnover (but that is down to personnel not his coaching). Leeds look jaded and we rode our luck. Second half we sensed we might get something and had a few chances. But so did they. I know I am in a camp of only one, but for me, in the Prem and with VAR they could have had at least 3 pens (I know some on here would most definitley be crying if it was the other way round) and they missed at least 2 good headers.

But we deserved our win and it was great to behold. Just not getting overexcited particularly when we all know what will happen in the summer.

Is the transfer thread open yet? 😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aletheia said:

You know what will happen in the summer. Pray that Broughton or whoever can find the new SS/BB/AA.

there is optimism and then completely blind faith😁,hopefully eustace brings in his own recruitment team and broughton,kimberley and the rest of the useless bunch get fired

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aletheia said:

You know what will happen in the summer. Pray that Broughton or whoever can find the new SS/BB/AA.

Well, yes, the shitshow will continue, but at least (hopefully) with the standing of a club in the upper echelons of English football.

Who knows, maybe Dr Who can form a consortium with Davros and the Master 😉

14 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Well, yes, the shitshow will continue, but at least (hopefully) with the standing of a club in the upper echelons of English football.

Who knows, maybe Dr Who can form a consortium with Davros and the Master 😉

The teams could come out to the Dr Who theme tune, with the Blackburn end screaming EXTERMINATE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The first half was shit and it would have been a case of when not if we concede if we'd have carried on like that.

He changed things up at the right time, took off Scott Wharton as he was a liability and we actually started having a go at them.

At half time I said that Leeds were there for the taking and thankfully the manager saw it as well and made the necessary changes.

That Leeds team were poor. The fact they are at the top end of the division shows that this league is very poor.

One or two more points and we're safe

Wharton put his hand up to play in a vital game when he was suffering with back trouble. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to say “ Sorry boss, I can’t make it today, my back’s still not 100% right “ . But he didn’t .

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 9

Think people are confusing brfcs with real life again.

Not sure I’ve heard a single negative comment about him ‘IRL’. All this ‘folk are against him because they see him as a Swag, appointment, a yes man’ is pure brfcs stuff. He seems more popular with match goers than JDT ever was already.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aletheia said:

See that's the issue right there, separate to what you mean (which i agree with btw.) SS has had to replace BB, AA and Rothwell. He's a great player but he isn't three players. 

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

IF he keeps us up, he’s achieved his goal, and then we all wait and see what happens in the Summer.

I agree with this. 

Great result today and survival is looking a little bit more likely. Besides the city game which was a lot of individual errors they played better today and have done since the international break so if we get to the golden 50 point which he promised us when he joined which looks very likely I agree,let's see how the summer pans out when he has his own pre season and can ask the club for his own players. Be interesting to see who he gets in to work with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Think people are confusing brfcs with real life again.

Not sure I’ve heard a single negative comment about him ‘IRL’. All this ‘folk are against him because they see him as a Swag, appointment, a yes man’ is pure brfcs stuff. He seems more popular with match goers than JDT ever was already.

Agree generally, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's more popular that JDT ever was. There were more shouts of Euseless near where I am in the BB end at the Ipswich game than I thought was fair, albeit they seemed like lone voices!

It seems like most are giving him quite a lot of rope this season, so long as we stay up. I certainly haven't made my mind up on him yet and I get the sense that most are broadly in the same boat. 

And JDT had plenty of rumblings from day one.

All anecdotal but I never got the feeling that Ewood ever took to him - and I certainly haven’t seen any pining for him since he left (the said pining a few on here get accused of).