BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Any mention on whether he is going to appeal his red card so he can be in the dugout on Saturday?

I heard the club are "looking into it".

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

I think it's an absolute disgrace he got sent off on Saturday.

How unprofessional from him, huge game that's must win and he's done what he's done.

Eustace needs to go along with Waggott.

I'm not sure - I think it got a very quiet and worried crowd up for it, he'd already given the HT team talk... it wouldn't surprise me if it was planned...

• Like 1

I’ve criticised the guy for quite a lot, but there was nothing really in the sending off and I’m not going to slag him off for that. Plus at least he was showing a bit of urgency about the situation. I’d be more bothered by him if he was just stood there, hands in pockets, no concerns.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’ve criticised the guy for quite a lot, but there was nothing really in the sending off and I’m not going to slag him off for that. Plus at least he was showing a bit of urgency about the situation. I’d be more bothered by him if he was just stood there, hands in pockets, no concerns.

His predecessor would have stayed sitting down, with a gormless smile on his face.

• Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Have to completely disagree with this. Moan to the ref about time wasting don't go get yourself sent off in a massive game.

Then effectively defend against 10 men for 30 minutes.

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have to completely disagree with this. Moan to the ref about time wasting don't go get yourself sent off in a massive game.

Then effectively defend against 10 men for 30 minutes.

We were right next to it, the whole situation was a nothing. The red card was ridiculous. 

Pickering did more than anyone and didn't even get booked. 

Edited by M_B

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

More than likely he was just trying to spark a reaction from the crowd and maybe his team.

Age old trick.

Is it? I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a similar incident over the past 2/3 years. You don't see many managers actively try to get the ball off of an opposition player.

You'll see plenty control it themselves or rush to get a ball if it is near them, but the multiball system has kind of done away with any need for a manager to be actively fighting for a ball. 

Also, I suppose it 'benefitted' us, but what's the point in sending a manager off if he's just going to sit in the stands and get on his phone?

Surely he should be barred from interacting with the touchline. 

49 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet we got 69 points in his last season, the same as JDT got the next.

We finished 8th that year.

JDT finished 7th and only missed out on goal difference whilst having a January transfer window deliberately sabotaged.

Useless will only stay in the division by the grace of other teams being even shitter than us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet we got 69 points in his last season, the same as JDT got the next.

And got knocked out of the cups to Morecambe at home and Wigan. It was great to have a manager in JDT who wanted to do well (and did) in the cups.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry jdt had run his race, he was done weeks before he finally went. I can’t forgive putting pears in when we had a fit kaminski, think a few are rewriting history with how tactically astute jdt was

That's probably true and things were very bad at the time that he left, but I can't imagine they would have been any worse than they've been under Eustace.

We've won 3 league matches since JDT left. Would we have beaten Leeds? Probably not, but we would have picked up a win or two against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, Birmingham, or any of the host of other bad to mediocre sides we played.

Would our goal difference be worse now? Probably, but we've also lost by 5 to Bristol City, by 2 to Sheffield Wednesday, and drawn against a weakened Coventry side that played a third of the match with 10 men.

So, are some rewriting history as to how bad or good JDT was? Probably. But the sad reality is that things couldn't have gone much worse since February.

He had to go, but let's not pretend that if we stay up it is because of some Eustace turnaround. I think JDT would have picked up a similar number of points. Fewer draws, more big defeats, but a couple of those draws would have turned into wins.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That's probably true and things were very bad at the time that he left, but I can't imagine they would have been any worse than they've been under Eustace.

We've won 3 league matches since JDT left. Would we have beaten Leeds? Probably not, but we would have picked up a win or two against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, Birmingham, or any of the host of other bad to mediocre sides we played.

Would our goal difference be worse now? Probably, but we've also lost by 5 to Bristol City, by 2 to Sheffield Wednesday, and drawn against a weakened Coventry side that played a third of the match with 10 men.

So, are some rewriting history as to how bad or good JDT was? Probably. But the sad reality is that things couldn't have gone much worse since February.

He had to go, but let's not pretend that if we stay up it is because of some Eustace turnaround. I think JDT would have picked up a similar number of points. Fewer draws, more big defeats, but a couple of those draws would have turned into wins.

Exactly what I think of the situation.

We would have lost some more games but we certainly would have won more.

Useless hasn't even tried to win a game yet and he's been here half a season.

If he's still here next year we are down, regardless of what division we're in.

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Exactly what I think of the situation.

We would have lost some more games but we certainly would have won more.

Useless hasn't even tried to win a game yet and he's been here half a season.

If he's still here next year we are down, regardless of what division we're in.

What did it for me more than anything else was him stating that the Millwall and Plymouth games, were not must win. Had JDT been asked the same question, his answer would have been something like, of course, every game we play is must win.

Eustace is a loser end of and a huge step back for us. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lraC said:

What did it for me more than anything else was him stating that the Millwall and Plymouth games, were not must win. Had JDT been asked the same question, his answer would have been something like, of course, every game we play is must win.

Eustace is a loser end of and a huge step back for us. 

Exactly, all we've done since he arrived is look down the table.

You should always be looking up the table.

• Like 1