BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Well I saw it with my own eyes, the football under JDT was, at times, the best I'd seen in many a year, if only he'd been backed with the funds promised, we would have been top 10 and not bottom 6.

As for Eustace, looks like job done, he was brought in to save us from going down and he looks to achieved that. He's a young manager used to working with mad owners on a shoe string budget, perfect fit i'd say.

Get those season tickets bought, whats not to like? Mid table next season if we are lucky!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Stay up or go down, for me, Eustace has to go.

Simply don't think he's up to it.

Young and upcoming - no, the guy's in his mid forties with a track record of 3 years at Kidderminster, caretaker spell at QPR and a brief spell at Brum until it seems the owners concluded he wasn't the man to deliver their ambitions.  So, in my book, Eustace has achieved very little as a manager, is relatively inexperienced and has certainly not been 'in demand' and for that there would have to be reasons why.

I think his league record with Rovers is very, very poor and we go into our last game still with a real risk of relegation and hoping and praying results go our way in other games.  To average less than a point a game over the course of a season will get you relegated.  What a state of affairs.

• Eustace's record P15  W2  D8  L5  F13 (5 of which came in 1 game)  A18  P14
  • Eustace's home record P7  W0  D5  L2  F4  A7  P5

At home, we have failed to score in 3 out of our 7 games (and 4 games out of 8 away) and his home record includes games against teams of the ilk of Owls, Plymouth, QPR and Millwall - just one win against any of those teams and we would now be safe.  Think his game management yesterday when a fatigued Coventry went down to 10 men for 40 minutes (including added time) was negative, unimaginative and potentially catastrophic with our failure to get a win.

IMO, he's a 'yes man' (unlike JDT) who causes no ripples in the boardroom, is weak and therefore a player's dream, is negative and also tactically inept.  I also find his interviews cringeworthy, IMO, full of cliches, platitudes and bullsh1t.

Sadly, no matter what league we are in next season, I think Eustace will remain in charge.  If we are fortunate enough to stay up then I think relegation will be nailed on with Eustace, if we go down, think we will be no better than mid table in League 1.

As one of the Apollo 13 astronauts said 'Houston, 'we have a problem'. 

I doesn’t matter who’s in charge. If we don’t spend we’ll struggle - and we won’t spend. You don’t have to have a massive IQ to work that one out. If I read in tomorrow’s paper that they’d tapped Klopp up and got him to change his mind and come to Rovers I’d stifle a yawn. He’d do nothing at Ewood under these clowns.

• Like 6

i don`t think eustace will keep us in the division next year ( if we stay up) and won`t get us promoted if we go down,he`s only got one way of playing and seems unable to change tactics mid game,go back to the plymouth game when they were repeatedly lobbing balls over the top and he did`nt know what to do to stop it

incidentally it has occured to me that venkys and swag are crazy and braindead enough to give him a pile of money next season,it`s in their makeup,cut the budget of an excellent manager and make him resign then give substancial anounts of transfer money to yes man and **** manager,the situation is that bad that it makes you want mowbray back😆

On 25/04/2024 at 19:20, DE. said:

That it is, Szmodics and possibly Tronstad aside. 

I'd be happy starting Brittain, Hyam, Carter, JRC, Tronstad and Szmodics each week in a good Championship team.

So realistically you're looking for 5 new starters. 6, really, because you know Szmodics is being sold this summer. 

I think S. Wharton, Leonard, Buckley / Travis / Garrett (don't think you'd keep all 3), Hedges, Dolan and Pickering have value as squad players. 

That's why JDT struggled at the end and why Eustace hasn't been able to do more than stem the bleeding. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I doesn’t matter who’s in charge. If we don’t spend we’ll struggle - and we won’t spend. You don’t have to have a massive IQ to work that one out. If I read in tomorrow’s paper that they’d tapped Klopp up and got him to change his mind and come to Rovers I’d stifle a yawn. He’d do nothing at Ewood under these clowns.

Pretty much. 

As Jimmy Johnson once said (a College Football Hall of Fame and NFL Hall of Fame Head Coach - won the Super Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys and the National Championship with the Miami Hurricanes): "it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's, not the X's and O's". 

We're running a L1 budget right now and it shows on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd be happy starting Brittain, Hyam, Carter, JRC, Tronstad and Szmodics each week in a good Championship team.

So realistically you're looking for 6 new starters. 7, really, because you know Szmodics is being sold this summer. 

I think S. Wharton, Leonard, Buckley / Travis / Garrett (don't think you'd keep all 3), Hedges, Dolan and Pickering have value as squad players. 

That's why JDT struggled at the end and why Eustace hasn't been able to do more than stem the bleeding. 

I think Eustace rated about 16 players in this squad and you can see that when you look at his team selections and subs. It going to busy summer of transfers in and out for sure

first indication of nothing changing and no significant incomings  will be if gallagher gets a contract extension,if he gets ***** off it could be a good sign that there are some changes afoot,don`t want to go into next season with bloody gallagher leading the line

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

first indication of nothing changing and no significant incomings  will be if gallagher gets a contract extension,if he gets ***** off it could be a good sign that there are some changes afoot,don`t want to go into next season with bloody gallagher leading the line

He shouldn't be leading the line, but I'd definitely keep him. If we do keep him, and then sign what looks like an improvement, I'd say that is more of a good sign going forward. 

We need another forward, not just a replacement. 

45 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

If he was on 5k PW and had signed for less than a million he would be a decent signing/player given our ambition of lower mid championship. For 5m and 15k (or more) PW then we could do better.

All told: if it is Telavovic or Gallagher then it is no longer a discussion… (although sometimes I wonder 😉)

19 minutes ago, M_B said:

He shouldn't be leading the line, but I'd definitely keep him. If we do keep him, and then sign what looks like an improvement, I'd say that is more of a good sign going forward. 

We need another forward, not just a replacement. 

Where would you play him then ? For me he’s had more than enough chances to shine and this season he’s hardly contributed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where would you play him then ? For me he’s had more than enough chances to shine and this season he’s hardly contributed.

He's a forward, an experienced one and there'd be no shortage of takers if he came available on a free. I think we'd be mad to let him go when he's already paid for. 

The knack would be getting someone better to play in his place,challenging him for his place. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

He's a forward, an experienced one and there'd be no shortage of takers if he came available on a free. I think we'd be mad to let him go when he's already paid for. 

The knack would be getting someone better to play in his place,challenging him for his place. 

He’s not good enough for this league and if we were to drop down he’s too expensive for that league. Plus he’s injury prone. I’d let him go.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So realistically you're looking for 5 new starters. 6, really, because you know Szmodics is being sold this summer. 

Tronstad and Carter are probably the only players, excluding Sammie, who I'd somewhat trust in a starting eleven. The rest I have absolutely no faith in. Brittain and Hyam have, imv, shown their true mentality over the past five months and it's far from being good enough. Would have them out of the door to anyone wiling to buy for a decent price. JRC made of glass, has ability but not ever going to be reliable as a regular first teamer. 

The rest are largely players with a weak mentality who are, at best, somewhat consistent 6/10 or 7/10 players as long as the opposition doesn't score first or there aren't some scattered boos. Either of those things happens and it's game over for these lads. Not good enough if we have ambition - although granted we know Venky's and Waggot do not.

Realistically we won't have the funds to clear out the squad, but it just means more disappointment next season, because I don't believe most of these lads are up to it. Most of them have had plenty of chances over the past three seasons and blown it in various ways. It's not a case of not trying, for most of them anyway, they just don't quite have the conviction and/or ability to make this club successful. We've collected a group of very soft players and it needs a huge shakeup to get us going again. I'm aware that won't happen, though, so assuming we scrape survival I'll enjoy the summer and, sadly, likely dread the beginning of next season. 

50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s not good enough for this league and if we were to drop down he’s too expensive for that league. Plus he’s injury prone. I’d let him go.

It's all about opinions, Keiran Mckenna's is good enough for me. 

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

I also find his interviews cringeworthy, IMO, full of cliches, platitudes and bullsh1t

It's the lack of intelligence, footballing or otherwise, that grates, a complete contrast to Tomasson, a Dane whose command even of English is better than that of Eustace. Successful football managers don't have to be educated but they do have to be clever, and this guy isn't clever. Survive or go down, I'd bin him. But of course with Waggott in charge, his mate will be staying., 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Stay up or go down, for me, Eustace has to go.

Simply don't think he's up to it.

Young and upcoming - no, the guy's in his mid forties with a track record of 3 years at Kidderminster, caretaker spell at QPR and a brief spell at Brum until it seems the owners concluded he wasn't the man to deliver their ambitions.  So, in my book, Eustace has achieved very little as a manager, is relatively inexperienced and has certainly not been 'in demand' and for that there would have to be reasons why.

I think his league record with Rovers is very, very poor and we go into our last game still with a real risk of relegation and hoping and praying results go our way in other games.  To average less than a point a game over the course of a season will get you relegated.  What a state of affairs.

• Eustace's record P15  W2  D8  L5  F13 (5 of which came in 1 game)  A18  P14
  • Eustace's home record P7  W0  D5  L2  F4  A7  P5

At home, we have failed to score in 3 out of our 7 games (and 4 games out of 8 away) and his home record includes games against teams of the ilk of Owls, Plymouth, QPR and Millwall - just one win against any of those teams and we would now be safe.  Think his game management yesterday when a fatigued Coventry went down to 10 men for 40 minutes (including added time) was negative, unimaginative and potentially catastrophic with our failure to get a win.

IMO, he's a 'yes man' (unlike JDT) who causes no ripples in the boardroom, is weak and therefore a player's dream, is negative and also tactically inept.  I also find his interviews cringeworthy, IMO, full of cliches, platitudes and bullsh1t.

Sadly, no matter what league we are in next season, I think Eustace will remain in charge.  If we are fortunate enough to stay up then I think relegation will be nailed on with Eustace, if we go down, think we will be no better than mid table in League 1.

As one of the Apollo 13 astronauts said 'Houston, 'we have a problem'. 

Completely agree with this.

Several big red flags are waving with regards to Eustace and - irrespective of which division we're in next season - I can only see us finishing in the bottom few places under him.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even McKenna won’t have seen Gally as much as I have.

I'm not saying he is, or should be our number one forward. It just seems mental in our position that we'd be happy to lose an experienced centre forward for free. 

Ipswich supposedly bid £2 million for him. We've no money and he's already paid for. Obviously it would be dependent on wage demands,but from a squad situation, to me it's the most obvious thing to do. 

Unless we've actually got  that Wharton money to spend. 

Edited by M_B

20 minutes ago, Andy said:

Completely agree with this.

Several big red flags are waving with regards to Eustace and - irrespective of which division we're in next season - I can only see us finishing in the bottom few places under him.

He had Birmingham in the playoff places  when he was fired, with no money and bonkers owners. 

I‘m not saying he’ll be a massive success here, because nobody will, but having picked up the pieces left by several years of net zero funding, he’s accomplished his goal, keeping us up and that is something at least.