BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Totally different and you know it.

If posters think admin is worthwhile to rid us of these club wreckers then that’s one argument (don’t agree personally, but I see the ‘short term pain’ angle they are going for).

But wanting relegation just so ‘roverboy95’ can get one over on ‘Blueboy96’ on this obscure message board? Err no.

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A lot of people have openly admitted they would like to see the Club relegated or in administration if it meant the end of the owners. Eustace is perceived in certain quarters as Waggott's choice and "a yes man" so I think Tyrone original comment was quite fair.

Id take admin 10000%

• Like 5

On 07/05/2024 at 22:16, roversfan99 said:

We should spend money but there is not even a 1% chance that £17m goes  back into the club. 

100% of the £17m has gone back into the club.

We are using it on wages, HMRC and bills.

As its the only source of income, without it, we would have already entered administration.

Putting off the inevitable mind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And what about all the blameless people who lose their jobs as a consequence ?

Anybody who’s still working at Rovers after 14 years of chaos must be a real glutton for punishment. I’d have gone and got a normal job years ago,

• Like 2

Two big challenges for Eustace is managing to turn Ewood park back into Fort Ewood. Also to stop dropping points against the bottom teams, and while I don't have the stats infront of me, it feels as if that's been an issue for a few seasons as well. 

5 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Insignificant in the face of the thousands of fans that no longer engage with Blackburn Rovers due to the owners and their policies driving them away. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Insignificant in the face of the thousands of fans that no longer engage with Blackburn Rovers due to the owners and their policies driving them away. 

I doubt if it will seem insignificant to those who lose their jobs - or their families either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Which people do you think would lose their jobs in administration?

The club operates on a bare minimum basis as it is. An administrator would struggle to cut that department otherwise we couldn't continue to function.

I'm pretty sure anyone non-essential will have already have been removed under the current regime in a bid to save money.

• Like 1

Relegation and sticking in League One would probably cause more job losses than a period in administration. 

These owners are hell bent on taking us to League One and an inevitable consequence of that will be cuts and job losses.

Why is that preferable to administration?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The blame lies entirely in India i'm sure they'd be aware of that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think the main point being working for this club it must be in the back of their minds constantly anyway and this industry in general is hardly secure.

At the end of the day the football club is an local institution that belongs to the town and it's purpose first and foremost is to provide entertainment and a bit of pride.

If it takes a big step back and downscale but in doing so gets rid of the loons and parasites whilst falling into the hands of real custodians, vast wealth or not, then i'm all in.  I'd much prefer things to be corrected the way the should be right now but that is never going to happen is it, it hasn't happened in a decade barring the odd brief pretence.

Nobody on the Ewood payroll is crying about my or your jobs yet fans are expected to just rock up paying £25/35 per game or £4/500 per ST and continue to be treated like idiots. Whilst the rich sat in the void get richer and the owners make cock up after cock up but it's ok because they can afford it ?

In the bin with that, enough is enough.

Come on, the "Ewood payroll" will include plenty of people in the upkeep of facilities and administration etc who are not earning big money. These people should not be callously disregarded by the keyboard warriors who offer nothing but theoretical claims as to how throwing those people on to the scrapheap is some kind of sacrifice worth paying, although of course they won't be making that sacrifice themselves.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Come on, the "Ewood payroll" will include plenty of people in the upkeep of facilities and administration etc who are not earning big money. These people should not be callously disregarded by the keyboard warriors who offer nothing but theoretical claims as to how throwing those people on to the scrapheap is some kind of sacrifice worth paying, although of course they won't be making that sacrifice themselves.

I ask again, who is currently working at Rovers under thrifty Waggott and Venkys that you think could be simply cast onto the scrapheap by an administrator?

Are you suggesting there are non-essential staff members at Rovers? Or are you suggesting an administrator would get rid of essential staff including essential admin and facility staff thus presumably stopping the club from functioning?

I'm pretty sure the first casualties of administration would be members of the 'senior management' team - particularly Waggott, Pasha, maybe the other two who I doubt have even visited Ewood Park before. That bunch are likely on astronomical money between them and would be a far more appropriate place to start if job losses are needed. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I ask again, who is currently working at Rovers under thrifty Waggott and Venkys that you think could be simply cast onto the scrapheap by an administrator?

Are you suggesting there are non-essential staff members at Rovers? Or are you suggesting an administrator would get rid of essential staff including essential admin and facility staff thus presumably stopping the club from functioning?

I'm pretty sure the first casualties of administration would be members of the 'senior management' team - particularly Waggott, Pasha, maybe the other two who I doubt have even visited Ewood Park before. That bunch are likely on astronomical money between them and would be a far more appropriate place to start if job losses are needed. 

So what if Waggott and Pasha are the first casualties? Many others follow. The Ladies team, the recruitment staff, possibly the Under 21s and academy staff. 2 of the stands closed permanently with a loss of stewarding work. Ticket office staff reduced as attendances fall. Remember, administrators are offered by the creditors of the club. In our case debt is overwhelmingly owed to Venkys so every saleable asset will be sold off to repay them what is owed. The idea that supporters actively want all of this to happen is scary.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So what if Waggott and Pasha are the first casualties? Many others follow. The Ladies team, the recruitment staff, possibly the Under 21s and academy staff. 2 of the stands closed permanently with a loss of stewarding work. Ticket office staff reduced as attendances fall. Remember, administrators are offered by the creditors of the club. In our case debt is overwhelmingly owed to Venkys so every saleable asset will be sold off to repay them what is owed. The idea that supporters actively want all of this to happen is scary.

All those things are possibles. None are guaranteed.

It would depend on what state Venkys left us in and whether they'd want all/part of 'their debt' paying back. I keep being told they are nice wonderful billionaires so assume they won't call it in and bankrupt the club.

Don't you think we've already got rid of many of these people e.g. ticket office staff, media staff, groundstaff, under the current ownership?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Who’s to say that won’t happen any way ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It'll still be a football club it'll still need to function this is admin we are talking not liquidation.

Did Bolton sack every one and draft in community paybackers to run the place ?

Come on man talk sense for once, if it went in admin it would be bought out pretty quickly and yes there'd be changes but no more so than dropping to league 1 or een worse league 2.

It's a shite state of affairs whichever way you look at it and the fault isn't keyboard 'warriors' saying hurty things, it starts and end at the top.

Do i want someone putting money in to run a crappy going nowhere football club just to employ people or do i want a lean mean fighting machine punching above its weight despite less money/staff ?

Option B every time sorry, get the money into the playing side, the better that is and the more successful we are there's more income and more jobs.

Try looking at it that way instead of the brainwashed Waggot way eh.

• Like 5

Another point to think on is how many people have already lost their jobs because of Venkys? 

I mean when I was going as a youngster to Rovers there wasn't really under 20k going to a game. A lot of footfall for local businesses. Now it's half that which must have made an impact on jobs and the like.   

• Like 1