BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Posted (edited)

I'm amazed he's gone too, but will wait to see the replacement before judging i.e. if they went and got Cooper would it still be viewed as bad. Rosenior will walk into another Championship job though.

To miss out on playoffs with a squad with Carvalho, Zaroury, Philogene, Seri, Tufan, Delap, Twine. 

I'd imagine they've got to rebuild a bit next year as a lot of the above players were loans, and i'd be surprised if Philogene doesn't step up to the Prem too.

Edited by superniko

20 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

David Moyes unlucky to be out of a job. Doesn't he still live in the Ribble valley? I'd bin Eustace tonight if Moyes indicated he were remotely interested. 

Knobbers desperate for his return, mind you some of them are still praying for a Billy Davies return.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted already but saw this on Twitter the other day, seems we had a set play consultant working for last couplea months of the season. Shows how badly we were doing from set plays under JDT, not sure how many of the improvements were down to this guy and how much of it was Eustaces staff but hopefully he's with us next season as that could make a big difference.

https://twitter.com/From_The_Wing/status/1787073769711849947

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eustace claims we should use the Leicester result and survival as a platform to build for better things next Season.

Mmmm of course John, but whether you are backed and given the sufficient Tools to do a better job is anyone's guess.A crack at top six?,hope for the suffering fans?,you just might have to reign in your expectations.

Roll the Dice..same as it ever was,same as it ever was.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Any chance we can finally get rid of all the Venkys linked coaching staff and let JE bring in his own guys

He's managed to get Gardiner and Downing through the door, which is no mean feat, so Lowe is probably head of cones and bibs by now.

15 minutes ago, USARover said:

Not sure if this has been posted already but saw this on Twitter the other day, seems we had a set play consultant working for last couplea months of the season. Shows how badly we were doing from set plays under JDT, not sure how many of the improvements were down to this guy and how much of it was Eustaces staff but hopefully he's with us next season as that could make a big difference.

Clearly defensive set pieces have improved but I feel like such a small sample sized based on xg is a bit misleading on our attacking set pieces. I havent seen an improvement, our corners in particular are just as off the cuff and ineffective. I remember a Hyam header v Norwich early in Eustace's reign, cant quite remember the second one. But mirroring in open play, I have seen clear improvements in solidity, very little idea in attack.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Any chance we can finally get rid of all the Venkys linked coaching staff and let JE bring in his own guys

John Eustace has brought in his own staff in Keith Downing and Matt Gardiner. He has made Karl Hodges the permanent replacement for Ben Rosen 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clearly defensive set pieces have improved but I feel like such a small sample sized based on xg is a bit misleading on our attacking set pieces. I havent seen an improvement, our corners in particular are just as off the cuff and ineffective. I remember a Hyam header v Norwich early in Eustace's reign, cant quite remember the second one. But mirroring in open play, I have seen clear improvements in solidity, very little idea in attack.

We have massively improved defensively overall since Eustace came in. More clean sheets, less goals conceded, less set pieces conceded,. 

21 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

David Moyes unlucky to be out of a job. Doesn't he still live in the Ribble valley? I'd bin Eustace tonight if Moyes indicated he were remotely interested. 

Saw Moyes in a Lytham restaurant last year and from what I could gather he 'lives locally on the coast'.  Used to live in a huge countryside residence located between Haighton Green and Grimsargh.

Wouldn't want him at Rovers as I think he's too negative (criticisms levelled at him where he's managed previously) and there are, IMO, 'hungrier' managers out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USARover said:

Scoring just 5 goals from set pieces all season is terrible but not surprising as we haven't got anyone who can deliver a dangerous ball into the box. If Eustace is going to continue with his very negative approach (which limits the amount of chances created) then making the most of set pieces is going to be key to turning draws in to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Scoring just 5 goals from set pieces all season is terrible but not surprising as we haven't got anyone who can deliver a dangerous ball into the box. If Eustace is going to continue with his very negative approach (which limits the amount of chances created) then making the most of set pieces is going to be key to turning draws in to win.

We’ve nobody who can put a free kick into the top corner either. When did we last score direct from a free kick ? Must have been when Champagne Charlie was taking them ! 

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Saw Moyes in a Lytham restaurant last year and from what I could gather he 'lives locally on the coast'.  Used to live in a huge countryside residence located between Haighton Green and Grimsargh.

Wouldn't want him at Rovers as I think he's too negative (criticisms levelled at him where he's managed previously) and there are, IMO, 'hungrier' managers out there.

He fits in the negative but often effective category with the likes of Big Sam, Warnock etc.

At the end of the day, I couldn't give a damn if JE or whoever ends up playing ugly football if it picks up enough points. It's when it doesn't work that it all falls apart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superniko said:

I'm amazed he's gone too, but will wait to see the replacement before judging i.e. if they went and got Cooper would it still be viewed as bad. Rosenior will walk into another Championship job though.

To miss out on playoffs with a squad with Carvalho, Zaroury, Philogene, Seri, Tufan, Delap, Twine. 

I'd imagine they've got to rebuild a bit next year as a lot of the above players were loans, and i'd be surprised if Philogene doesn't step up to the Prem too.

This is exactly why he was sacked

Hull City had a great squad this season. Make no mistake about it. I always had them down as dark horses for automatic promotion. I'd say their owners consider Rosenior a failure given the backing he received. You can add Aaron Connelley to that mix too, whilst for 6 months they had Vinagre in at left back

I think you would back someone like JDT to get promoted with the squad they had.

In January they also signed Billy Sharpe and Ryan Giles

The new Hull owner is something we can only dream of. Ambitious, thoughtful of the supporters. And when people ask "who would buy Rovers" - just think about Hull fecking City for a moment.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve nobody who can put a free kick into the top corner either. When did we last score direct from a free kick ? Must have been when Champagne Charlie was taking them ! 

Brereton late on away at West Brom late in the game last season, but that’s the only one I can recall in a long while.

Edited by Hasta

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Rosenior sacked at Hull!!? 👀🤣🤣

Look at some of the signings they made last season, on loan and permanent. That was a top six squad if I’ve ever seen one.

Had some real talent there, they only missed out by 3 points or something though so it does seem harsh! But the way they are spending money there, they will appoint someone decent and recruit well. 

Wont be a surprise to see them challenging at the top end of the league next season.

44 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The new Hull owner is something we can only dream of. Ambitious, thoughtful of the supporters.

He seems like his heart is in the right place but not his brain. He's only owned the club just over 2 years and is about to be on his 4th manager. Hull under Rosenior have just had their first top half finish in the Championship in the last 7 seasons and I would not be at all surprised to see them go backwards next season.

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He seems like his heart is in the right place but not his brain. He's only owned the club just over 2 years and is about to be on his 4th manager. Hull under Rosenior have just had their first top half finish in the Championship in the last 7 seasons and I would not be at all surprised to see them go backwards next season.

That's a good point EA

I guess it all depends on what sporting directors he has in the background. In the modern game, they are the continuity and the head coaches come and go

I think the signings they make show they are going in the right direction. Some very good loan signings, and the players they bring in permanently all have potential for re-sale. I think they bought Philogene for around £4/5m which is a bit of a steal to be honest. He's a good player and you can imagine they'll at least double their money on him eventually

My eyes are green with envy looking at Hull atm. Which is something I never imagined I'd be saying

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

daft decision,he was building a very good team and i had them as one of the favourites to go up next season with a few additions,if this club was`nt run by chancers,idiots,incompetents and dodgy indians we would be straight in for rosenior,a very promising manager imo

Not much talk about FFP excuses at Hull.

Just an ambitious new owner wanting them to get better and prepared to make ruthless decisions to get there and willing to bankroll it.

See, it can happen.

Only in the brains of a hopefully dwindling number of Rovers fans can it not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just an ambitious new owner wanting them to get better and prepared to make ruthless decisions to get there and willing to bankroll it.

See, it can happen.

Only in the brains of a hopefully dwindling number of Rovers fans can it not.

I think Birmingham tried that this season but it didn't end well - happy to say.

• Like 2

Better to try and fail than not try at all.

For every Birmingham there's a Brentford, Fulham, Brighton, Forest, Villa where tough yet thought out decisions landed the jackpot.

We'll never find out one way or the other here, just gradually decay away in a state of confusion and excuse making

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not yet there isn't, but apparently they'll have FFP issues next season after the heavy spending this year

• Like 2