BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Just now, USARover said:

Not yet there isn't, but apparently they'll have FFP issues next season after the heavy spending this year

Apparently.

Or they'll get promoted and avoid issues. Or sell someone to achieve compliance.

But until then they'll spend and build towards promotion, which I'm told we cannot do.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not much talk about FFP excuses at Hull.

Just an ambitious new owner wanting them to get better and prepared to make ruthless decisions to get there and willing to bankroll it.

See, it can happen.

Only in the brains of a hopefully dwindling number of Rovers fans can it not.

Hull haven't overspend in fees and they are almost matching between transfer fees in and outs 

don't know on wages what the script is there

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Clearly defensive set pieces have improved but I feel like such a small sample sized based on xg is a bit misleading on our attacking set pieces. I havent seen an improvement, our corners in particular are just as off the cuff and ineffective. I remember a Hyam header v Norwich early in Eustace's reign, cant quite remember the second one. But mirroring in open play, I have seen clear improvements in solidity, very little idea in attack

Might it be that concentrating on not letting them in, has maybe affected the attacking side of things? 

Or is that a bit too simplistic? 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hull haven't overspend in fees and they are almost matching between transfer fees in and outs 

Philogene was about £5M

Omur, Pandur and Connelly each cost between £1M and £2M

That's £10M on permanent signings for last season https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hull-city/transfers/verein/3008/plus/?saison_id=2023&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

High wages paid for numerous imports from Turkey etc and large loan fees for the likes of Delap, Carvalho, Morton, Zaroury, Giles, who were all highly sought after loans by numerous Championship clubs

They spent loads this season, probably more than any Championship clubs but the relegated 3 of Leeds, Leicester, & Southampton, by some margin.

Yes they sold Lewis-Potter a couple of years ago, but that money was spent the season before on Sinik, Tufan, Sayyadmaneh, and loan fees for Darlow etc  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hull-city/transfers/verein/3008/plus/?saison_id=2022&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Edit - and when I see what Rosenior had at his disposal in terms of money spent written down like that, it does look more like a failure and seems to justify his sacking to some extent

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why can't we then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RTM08 said:

He fits in the negative but often effective category with the likes of Big Sam, Warnock etc.

At the end of the day, I couldn't give a damn if JE or whoever ends up playing ugly football if it picks up enough points. It's when it doesn't work that it all falls apart.

Exactly, I don't give a fuck about the 'style of play' I want to see us win games.

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why can't we then?

Because this is Blackburn Rovers and the laws of logic and reality do not apply here.

Also, the club is nothing more than a financial tool for the owners to do.... Whatever it is they're doing.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why can't we then?

I think we should be spending money this money. If you have listened to GB March Interview he set out how we should spend the money we have receive Last season. I set out before what I think we do with money we received from Wharton transfer and Raya money set to come in this summer. 

this was my post

"my plan based on GB interview would be 

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m. 

If we sold Szmodics for £15m then I would spend £7m of that aswell plus add £3m to the January budget"

Would you be accept with this plan or not?

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we should be spending money this money. If you have listened to GB March Interview he set out how we should spend the money we have receive Last season. I set out before what I think we do with money we received from Wharton transfer and Raya money set to come in this summer. 

this was my post

"my plan based on GB interview would be 

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m. 

If we sold Szmodics for £15m then I would spend £7m of that aswell plus add £3m to the January budget"

Would you be accept with this plan or not?

And then you woke up.

• Like 7

I really didn't like his pressers and post match analysis so I had to stop watching and reading... however. He did keep us up.

He is our manager.

The boys obviously play for him.

The Bristol game hopefully was a one off

I'm backing him to keep us up and hopefully mid table next season 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We all hope that (yep, mid table in the second division is the stuff of dreams here), but unless he’s given a substantially bigger budget that isn’t happening.

Edited by Mattyblue

Hes earned a pre season and a go at the early part of next season, i would say a bit of backing as well but that's pointless.

I'm not expecting anything other than another water treading attempt and this guy is probably as good as it gets for that now.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Folk would rather see their club in the third division just so they could get one over some anonymous accounts on an obscure messsge board?

I'm sure the Facebook mob would love it.

Get to pretend they're even more suuuuper duuuuuuuper fans then.

Get behind the lads FFS!!

the way we are run it`s pointless having a go at the manager,i don`t like eustace, myself,i think he`s another appleton,but it does`nt matter who our manager is,he won`t succeed because the owners don`t want promotion and the rest of the ewood park board are in it for themselves,with that combination you really have no chance,klopp could announce his love for rovers and be in charge come august,i guarantee he`d get undermined and fail to get us up,there is no future at blackburn rovers until the indians have ****** off

• Like 1

Szmodics on JDT and JE was good. JDT the tactician and JE as the man manager.

Was interesting to hear Big Sam’s take on it. Clearly believes in the JE ‘Pragmatic’ style over ego fuelled ‘Head coach’ methodology.

I think it’s horses for courses. In a well funded, well run club, JDT would thrive…but his inability to relent on his style in order to pick up a few points in a shit show like Rovers would’ve meant almost certainly relegation.

JE is the type of ‘Manager’ who focuses on motivating his squad and isn’t too wedded to a style or pattern of play. Meaning his isn’t as tactically astute, but he is more likely to ‘find a way’…

Based on that interaction, I’d say JE is better suited for us right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Szmodics on JDT and JE was good. JDT the tactician and JE as the man manager.

Was interesting to hear Big Sam’s take on it. Clearly believes in the JE ‘Pragmatic’ style over ego fuelled ‘Head coach’ methodology.

I think it’s horses for courses. In a well funded, well run club, JDT would thrive…but his inability to relent on his style in order to pick up a few points in a shit show like Rovers would’ve meant almost certainly relegation.

JE is the type of ‘Manager’ who focuses on motivating his squad and isn’t too wedded to a style or pattern of play. Meaning his isn’t as tactically astute, but he is more likely to ‘find a way’…

Based on that interaction, I’d say JE is better suited for us right now.

He’ll be better for the circumstances we’ll probably find out selves in next season - potless.

On 09/05/2024 at 20:38, Mattyblue said:

Folk would rather see their club in the third division just so they could get one over some anonymous accounts on an obscure messsge board?

A lot of people have openly admitted they would like to see the Club relegated or in administration if it meant the end of the owners. Eustace is perceived in certain quarters as Waggott's choice and "a yes man" so I think Tyrone original comment was quite fair.