BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Johansson

Britain Carter J Cooper Hyam Pickering 

JRC Tronstad

Hedges S Dembele

McGuire 

Would be my line up if we could get them all 1 is free the others would need a fee

Johansson is 900k

J Cooper would be free if we could convince him to join 

S Dembele has the pace we're lacking and we could get him fairly cheap

McGuire wanted the move and hopefully still does 

That wouldn't be my line up by the end of the window though

But it's realistic for the start of the season imo

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I asked this in the fans forum thread and am non the wiser, but what is Rudy Gestede's role?

He isn't named in any official capacity yet is clearly involved to some degree behind the scenes.

I wonder if there's any logic or plan to it or just that he's keen to be involved and working for cheap /low cost so Rovers are all over it.

I work for a company that's closely affiliated with the Club. Rudy Gestede was at my work just a couple of weeks ago, he had a look around and a meeting with the big bosses.

Haven't heard anything, but expect an announcement that he's been employed by the Club in some capacity soon enough... he always seems to be around.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JustARover said:

Johansson

Britain Carter J Cooper Hyam Pickering 

JRC Tronstad

Hedges S Dembele

McGuire 

Would be my line up if we could get them all 1 is free the others would need a fee

Johansson is 900k

J Cooper would be free if we could convince him to join 

S Dembele has the pace we're lacking and we could get him fairly cheap

McGuire wanted the move and hopefully still does 

That wouldn't be my line up by the end of the window though

But it's realistic for the start of the season imo

Hello relegation. 

Bring in £40m+ over 12 months and spend what £5m with the above plus the £1.5m spent on Wahlsted and O'Riordan over that same period?

It certainly sounds like the Venkys and Waggott Rovers we know I guess.

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He has failed whichever way you spin it. His signings have contributed very little positivity to the squad, in fact the opposite. Rudy Gestede is the man who the players and club have put more trust in than Broughton recently so I see him as surplus to requirements

Broughton accepted full responsibility for the O'Brien and Brierley disaster and said processes would be reviewed so it wouldn't happen again. It did and on his watch.

Besides our POTY last year, Hyam, and our POTY this season, Szmodics (who's going to be sold for 4x what we paid for him)... and our best CM, Tronstad, and our best RB, Brittain. 

Other than that, nothing.

The acceptance of the O'Brien / Brierley mistakes was him being professional as the actual culprits daren't put their head above that parapets and the fans needed an answer.

It's no coincidence they (Silvestre / Waggott et al) pulled a new trick in January to scupper the transfers.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Hello relegation. 

Bring in £40m+ over 12 months and spend what £5m with the above plus the £1.5m spent on Wahlsted and O'Riordan over that same period?

It certainly sounds like the Venkys and Waggott Rovers we know I guess.

Unfortunately I'm trying to be realistic given the standard of the last 3 windows

These are signings I see as realistic for us currently

I'm like you and think venkys and Waggott need to sign off on us spending 10/15 million this summer and overhaul the squad with 10 signings as we need options from them bench or if we're honest we will be relegated 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Polky said:

Looks like we’ve dodged a bullet with this signing.

Dam, I'd forgotten about him, hardly pulled up trees has he?

Hanging around with Obafemi hasn't done him any favours it seems.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Besides our POTY last year, Hyam, and our POTY this season, Szmodics (who's going to be sold for 4x what we paid for him)... and our best CM, Tronstad, and our best RB, Brittain. 

Other than that, nothing.

The acceptance of the O'Brien / Brierley mistakes was him being professional as the actual culprits daren't put their head above that parapets and the fans needed an answer.

It's no coincidence they (Silvestre / Waggott et al) pulled a new trick in January to scupper the transfers.

It was reported than Szmodics was already scouted by the previous regime. Hyam and Brittain have been decidedly average. Tronstad I'll accept. What about Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, O'Connor and the plethora of loan deals which have contributed next to nothing and cost the club a lot of money.

• Like 2

Theres no way that we took on Fleck's full Premier League contract, whatever we gave him as a wage it was too much but regardless of who signed him, especially considering what Venkys have been like in the last year and how little money we have, I suspect Sheff Utd will either have paid him a lump sum or a chunk of his weekly wage since his departure.

I mentioned when we brought a director of football in that there are risks to it, for example differences in opinion, the manager not getting what he wants, people pulling in different directions and a lack of responsibility, when things go wrong you have various people speculating on who signed who but no one truly knows. At a club headed by dysfunctional owners it did seem a potential recipe for disaster and so it has proved.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was reported than Szmodics was already scouted by the previous regime. Hyam and Brittain have been decidedly average. Tronstad I'll accept. What about Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, O'Connor and the plethora of loan deals which have contributed next to nothing and cost the club a lot of money.

I'm not giving credit for Szmodics to the previous regime, sorry.

Brittain and Hyam are a step up from the guys they replaced.

Telalovic was a desperate, cheap punt. We've washed our face with Ennis. It's too early in the day to judge Wahlstedt (better than Pears) and O'Connor.

Chrisene, Hill, Moran (for a few months) and Ayari have been decent loans. They'll all have been super cheap as that's the pool we're fishing in.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Telalovic was a desperate, cheap punt. We've washed our face with Ennis. It's too early in the day to judge Wahlstedt (better than Pears) and O'Connor.

Chrisene, Hill, Moran (for a few months) and Ayari have been decent loans. They'll all have been super cheap as that's the pool we're fishing in.

A matter of opinion surely. I don't see either of them as upgrades on Nyambe and Lenihan.

It was said by someone at Ewood that the work for Szmodics was done by Mowbray and his team

My judgement has been passed on Wahlstedt who I believe isn't as good as Pears although it's a low bar.

It's about opinion though and you appear to be happy with Broughton and the work he has done. I don't share that view.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Only at Rovers: 

- Implement a new structure with a DoF.

- Hire an exciting forwardthinking headcoach

- Reach the highest position in years.

- Do all you can to sabotage aboves working conditions.

- Get rid of headcoach

- Hire a boring new headcoach

- Sideline the DoF

- The director brings in old players.

- Barely avoid relegauon

whats next in this exciting adventure?

Increase the price of season tickets

• Like 3

Broughton was never fit for purpose the guy had zero experience for the role let alone one at this level at a club like this.

Just typical Rovers trying to do stuff on the cheap again hoping they'd landed on a gem who would flourish. He speaks well of course but most of them do yet he operates spouting ideologies that will never happen here then relieves himself of accountability by saying 'i recommend things it's up to the board if they do them'.

So he isn't really a director directing anything he's just a hired consultant who they can chose to follow his advice or ignore.

He gets paid regardless.

Yes a few good signings that may or may not be down to him but the real purpose of him is to bring young players in to develop because there is no money.  That's the idea of the model as well as filling half the squad with academy and young loanees to save money.

The signings on that mantra - which is supposed to be his area of expertise - have been an all out disaster. That's made a significant contribution to this seasons struggle because we've needed all hands to the pump and those guys have contributed nothing.

More of that this summer, is that what we really need ?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I work for a company that's closely affiliated with the Club. Rudy Gestede was at my work just a couple of weeks ago, he had a look around and a meeting with the big bosses.

Haven't heard anything, but expect an announcement that he's been employed by the Club in some capacity soon enough... he always seems to be around.

He was at the game on Saturday. Saw him with Yasir Sufi. Also saw Gregg Broughton, but no sign of Steve Waggott.

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I asked this in the fans forum thread and am non the wiser, but what is Rudy Gestede's role?

He isn't named in any official capacity yet is clearly involved to some degree behind the scenes.

I wonder if there's any logic or plan to it or just that he's keen to be involved and working for cheap /low cost so Rovers are all over it.

I did reply in the FF thread, but, appreciate it may have been missed.

Rudy Gestede is currently shadowing Steve Waggott, as I think he’s after going into the boardroom at a club, eventually.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I have heard on the grapevine that this is the case.

Not that I particularly mind him going, but is there a likelihood of any replacement?

I'm sick to fucking death of the wankstains in India and on the board (Waggott) talking about following other clubs models or creating our own structure yada yada yada - to only change tact 12 to 18 months later.

What's the point?

6 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Not that I particularly mind him going, but is there a likelihood of any replacement?

I'm sick to fucking death of the wankstains in India and on the board (Waggott) talking about following other clubs models or creating our own structure yada yada yada - to only change tact 12 to 18 months later.

What's the point?

I don't know to be honest, but I suspect that the director of football model has been tried and failed and they will go back to the traditional manager and CEO especially now that they have Eustace there to accept his lot come what may and and try to work with what he is given.

To a degree you could argue that JDT did the same, but as we know he didn't suffer fools gladly and called both Waggott and the owners out. This will certainly not happen with the new manager. 

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd take Nyambe and Lenhian every day and twice at 3pm on Saturday thank you very much.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Szmodics, Hyam, Brittain, Wahlstedt, O'Riordan, Fleck, Tronstad, Sigurdsson, McFadzean, Ennis, Telalovic (11 permanent signings)

Thomas, Morton, Hirst, Mola, Ayari, Chrisene, Koumetio, Hill, Moran (9 loan signings)

So 20 incomings under Broughton, whether they're all his doing or not is debatable, I'm counting 2 clear successes in Szmodics and Tronstad, against 8 clear flops in Wahlstedt, Fleck, Ennis, Telalovic, Hirst, Mola, Ayari, Koumetio) and the remaining 10 certainly didn't improve on our outgoings.

Poor strike rate regardless of having both hands tied behind his back.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He speaks well of course but most of them do yet he operates spouting ideologies that will never happen here then relieves himself of accountability by saying 'i recommend things it's up to the board if they do them'.

So he isn't really a director directing anything he's just a hired consultant who they can chose to follow his advice or ignore.

That's his new line now he understands his role in the process - he's been very publicly sidelined thrice in successive transfer windows. He's protecting his reputation now