BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

INFLATABLES (Tickertape) For Tottenham !

1864roverite

Bloody 100's of Roar masks though.

Damn you BobF - better have mine on Saturday wink.gifwink.gif

Nope, not me I'm pleased to announce - I've not been near Roverthemoon today. I don't think the idea of going in Roar masks is a very good one though.

Kayos - you have a look of Roar anyway - don't think you need a mask, save your money. wink.gif

Inflatables it is then - elephants, trons, anything I suppose.

I'm going on the train from Preston and by the sounds of things will be getting a taxi back to Blackburn when the return train terminates at Watford. Should be a quiet do.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kayos - you have a look of Roar anyway - don't think you need a mask, save your money. wink.gif

Should be a quiet do.

Knew I'd seen that geezer somewhere before. laugh.gif

Not with you there it won't laugh.giflaugh.gif

Back to Steb though - how come they are advertising Beachballs and there are none on sale - mis appropiate selling I call it, where are them trading standards when you need them.

Anyway, song for you all to learn and get in to fine voice fettler for the day

' We are Rovers

Super Rovers

We are Rovers... from the Beach' thumbs-up.gif

scotty we arrive 1211 at eston from picadilly.

where are you considering whetting your gullet ? or are you considering an alcohol free day based on the fat that you fell asleep on your last outing ? rolleyes.gif

pm me and we can meet up.

can anyone suggest a decent pub we can turn into real Blue and White colours pre match ?? tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

where are you considering whetting your gullet ? or are you considering an alcohol free day based on the fat that you fell asleep on your last outing ? rolleyes.gif

can anyone suggest a decent pub we can turn into real Blue and White colours pre match ?? tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

I've always struggled to find a pub at spurs that allows away colours, although many people have mentioned a wetherspoons, I've never been able to find it.

Tris ? Jimbo ? Any other local ? Any better suggestions ?

can anyone suggest a decent pub we can turn into real Blue and White colours pre match ?? tinykit.gif  tinykit.gif  tinykit.gif

I've always struggled to find a pub at spurs that allows away colours, although many people have mentioned a wetherspoons, I've never been able to find it.

Last year we ended up in the weatherspoons. Its a 10-15 minute walk from the ground though, but it was the first pub we came to that let away fans in.

can anyone suggest a decent pub we can turn into real Blue and White colours pre match ?? tinykit.gif  tinykit.gif  tinykit.gif

Gilpens Bell - about 5 minutes up Edmonton Road - You will be with JPW, and he has been in there before

There were definitely beach balls in there last Friday as one of my loopy mates bought some for Everton. There's a basket at the front and it's also got lilo's and armbands in unsure.gif

I did get confused when walking around picking up the bargains and then finding after about 30 minutes shopping that they didnt take credit cards/switch sad.gif

About the trains, thetrainline.com is showing:

Preston - Seven sisters 09:20 - 13:31

Seven sisters - Preston 18:03 - 22:30

Is that right or just subject to change, cos it seems the best for everyone really, from Preston anyway!

Also, how is everyone planning on getting from Euston to White hart lane, Its quite a walk isnt it, 7 miles!!!???

tinykit.gif

From previous experience the pub scene near the ground is crap, and not helped by the fact that the tubes/trains are miles away as well.

I was thinking it may be an idea to think a bit more laterally and meet up early doors somewhere like Camden or Islington, then people can decide whether to struggle to WHL on public transport or we order cabs about half 2 - from Camden it'd be about £8 per cab so £2 each.

Just a thought for now ...

Last year we went to the 'Red Bull/Lion' or something with a name like that. It is very small but has a brothel upstairs, and only lets away fans in.

Hope to be in London 11.30ish

Edited by Jordan

Last year we went to the 'Red Bull/Lion' or something with a name like that. It is very small but has a brothel upstairs, and only lets away fans in.

You're thinking of the "Red Light District" I think... unsure.gif

Ha Ha

If memory serves me right, it wasa on the main road between Seven Sisters tibe station and White Hart Lane.

It was only a couple of minutes from the ground.

Those going by train who havent been to spurs, dont expect to catch a tube instantly. The tube station is about a 30 minute walk after the match and then the tube station is very busy. I would estimate to get back into central London for about 18.30ish.

There were definitely beach balls in there last Friday as one of my loopy mates bought some for Everton.  There's a basket at the front and it's also got lilo's and armbands in  unsure.gif

I did get confused when walking around picking up the bargains and then finding after about 30 minutes shopping that they didnt take credit cards/switch sad.gif

Strange, I've used both in there before.

Ha Ha

If memory serves me right, it wasa on the main road between Seven Sisters tibe station and White Hart Lane.

If memory serves me - and in this case it certainly does - this is the most vile public house that I've ever set foot in.

Quite apart from the fact that we had to argue with the bouncer to let us in - I took a couple of mates along last season and he didn't want to let them in cos they weren't wearing Rovers tops ...

Once we were in there I wish we'd stayed outside. The beer was minging, the walls were peeling, it smelt, it was outrageously expensive, the coke was served warm out of 12p Aldi own brand 2 litre bottles and sold for two quid, the glasses were dirty and the staff were rude.

Personally, I ain't going near the dump again !

Jordan, it really does sound like you need some lessons in beering it!

Not only do you allegedly get smashed on Carling (I never thought it possible anyone could do that), but it seems you're happy quaffing bubblegum diet beer in any old roughhouse.

You didn't take your dolly in there as well, did you?

Worrying.

There were definitely beach balls in there last Friday as one of my loopy mates bought some for Everton.  There's a basket at the front and it's also got lilo's and armbands in  unsure.gif

"System Failure"

Ha Ha

If memory serves me - and in this case it certainly does - this is the most vile public house that I've ever set foot in.

Quite apart from the fact that we had to argue with the bouncer to let us in - I took a couple of mates along last season and he didn't want to let them in cos they weren't wearing Rovers tops ...

Once we were in there I wish we'd stayed outside. The beer was minging, the walls were peeling, it smelt, it was outrageously expensive, the coke was served warm out of 12p Aldi own brand 2 litre bottles and sold for two quid, the glasses were dirty and the staff were rude.

Personally, I ain't going near the dump again !

Wholeheartidly agree. Makes the Springbok at QPR look like the Ritz.

Apart from that dive I've only been to a nice little back street pub (more like someones's front room) which serves Belgian beer and has a decent beer garden. Only been there with my Spurs supporting mate though and I think a couple hundred Rovers fans wouldn't really be welcome.

As Tris said, Highbury & Islington is only 1 stop down on the tube so may be well worth going somewhere there first, Upper St is pretty good. Assuming there won't be bouncers on doors etc at that time.

"System Failure"

Typical when you're on a mission of supreme importance! dry.gif

Simple question - is anybody actually going to go ahead with this??? if we are then we need to let every1 know so we can get the whole away end involved

YES!!

Shhh everyone dont tell Hughesy were not going to really go ahead with, he will look so stupid when he turns up with all his inflatables and no one else does! biggrin.gif

Edited by damo gally

Simple question - is anybody actually going to go ahead with this??? if we are then we need to let every1 know so we can get the whole away end involved

It's cool - I've called the ticket office and ordered them to send out instructions with all tickets they've not mailed out and they've given me the phone numbers of the people who've already received tickets and I'm half way through ringing round- there's only 1,267 left to do.

And I've had a word with Spurs and they've instructed their stewards not to let anyone into the away end unless they have an inflatable item about their persona.

I'm miles ahead of you mate.

unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.