BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cole To Leave?

anyone else notice Andy Cole took several lingering looks around the place before departing the pitch only to turn around and applaud the fans, not what we usually expect from Cole, he isn't really one to milk the applause (i.e. tugay) can't help but link this with both quotes from himself and souness, hope he doesn't he's been top drawer throughout his time with us and has to take alot of the credit for Stead's success as he has set-up a few of them and has generally created alot of space for Stead.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear you could be right, latd. I don't want Andy to go either, I feel he still has a lot to offer Rovers and he obviously has strong feelings for the club and fans. We can only wait and see what the next few weeks reveal sad.gif

Wouldn't it be most likely he was doing it just in case?

A lot could happen over the summer and could have been his last game for us but then it might not....

Cole always seems very uncomfortable in those situations which leads some to think he doesn't care. Maybe he doesn't but you can't tell from the actions of a reserved man who has admitted countless times he is uncomfortable in some situations. As he was like that at Man Utd then he mustn't have cared for them either if that was true.

If he does go I don't know who could replace him that wouldn't cost a lot of money. With Yorke also going (or so it seems) relying solely on Gallagher and Stead is a needless risk I think. An older head would be wiser to help them gradually improve and cement their place. Can't think of anyone better for the job than a certain Mr Cole personally...

Well I'm sure over the summer Andy will be linked with almost every Prem club outside the top 3....

I just hope he doesn't leave. He has had a good season I think, and to think if we had Emerton consistent down the right and a good left-midfielder supplying balls to him he would of got a lot more goals.

He should only be sold if Souey has an adequate replacement lined-up... which I doubt. Since GS says he wants another forward and I think we need another forward PLUS Cole staying anyway..

Yorke will be sold and as for Jansen... well... he's good back-up at the moment..

I sincerely hope he doesn't leave Ewood but after catching his interview on RR I'm unsure.Kept his cards close to his chest when asked the big question and came across as maybe or maybe not.

'I have learned a lot about football in the last two season's '

Interpret his quote as you wish..............

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

tinykit.gif

cant see Rovers letting him go UNLESS Cole himself asks.

AC is a very reserved and private person, we have never seen him hogging the limelight of the media, we have always seen him as a dull and drab player media wise.

Okay his attitude may not be exactly right, he does sulk but who doesn't ?

Andy Cole is good for Rovers, I totally agree that with a more consistent Emerton and a good left sided midfielder we would see a vastly improved goal ration from our strikers.

But at the end of the day its the DEFENCE that needs sorting I mean we CAN score goals, actually lots of them tinykit.gif

If Cole leaves, Rover's can start chatting the ugly bint at the bar that is relegation. His goals are invaluable. Despite Steads emergance, Cole is still a top striker, managing to get 12(?) goals for a club that scored bugger all.

If he goes, however, I think a price tag of at least 2 million would need to be paid for SOuey to agree to let him go. While it seems a lot for a 32 year old, he's a32 year old whos stil lscoring, and one of the most important assests to the club, aswell as being one of (the?) biggest buys in the clubs history.

for a club that scored bugger all.

We scored more than most teams. Think only about 6 teams score more than us.

That's right, with 51 goals we were the 7th highest scoring team.

The problem was at the other end- only the bottom three sides conceded more than us.

That was Cole's eleventh goal for us on Saturday- all of them in the league. Without him we'd have been buggered, for all which we may lay the praise of Stead, Amoruso's return, Gallagher etc, Cole was vital to the season. If he goes he has to replaced with quality as quite simply he is still our best outfield player I feel, even when not at his best.

Yeah I noticed it to. I turned to my dad when the players left the pitch, (for what was probably the worst lap of honour I have seen) and said. It looks like Cole might be saying goodbye.

V.v. sad indeed, if it is true.

Guest Kamy100

The plain and simple fact is that Souness and Cole do not see eye to eye. So it will come down to wether Souey wants him around the club.

I have always been a big Cole fan and personally I think that he has been superb this season. Especially under the context that behind the scenes there have been well documented problems between him and the manager, however his performances, especially since Stead arrived have awesome. His commitment and effort over the last couple months or so has been sensational. Take yesterday, he ran himself into the ground and produce an awesome all round display. Also the signs are there that Cole and Stead have struck up a very good understanding and with a little bit more work the partnership could develop into something special.

Also it seemed that he was really touched when at the end of the game the fans sung his name as he went to the Blackburn End.

Edited by Kamy100

Replacing Cole will be a very difficult task. He may not have weighed in with loads of goals, but he's led the line well and before Stead arrived, he did it on his own.

I still think that Gally and Stead as a partnership are not ready. Both a quite lightweight and inexperienced. We need that older head up there - Jansen might be able to do it but he doesn't score too many.

So, hopefully, Cole will stick around.

Cole will be going nowhere. He is in Graeme Souness' plans. Souey aint going to get sell one of our best players even if they do have personal difficulties then need to be professional and put the club before any stupid feud they might have. Trouble with Souness he needs to learn to keep it should and the club might do places. Cole, Cole Andy, Andy gets the ball scores a goal andy andy cole. Next season lets get behind the team and when they aren't playing there best get behind them because sometimes at ewood there are too many silences.

In the Rdaio Rovers interview Andrew Cole referred to the difficult 2 full seasons he had had with us and made comments such as he hehad learned a lot about himself and about the way football clubs are managed. i thought he was very eloquent. When Wendy askes him if he would be back next season he was really non-commitall.

When Wendy askes him if he would be back next season he was really non-commitall.

Which usually means NO. If he is staying then why not just say so.

As much as I would like to see Cole stay (even though I seriously dislike him) I think that he and Souness will find it very difficult to work together, which could have a detrimental effecy on the team as a whole. So maybe it is in everyone's best interests if he does leave.

Finding an adequate replacement will be a big problem though.

On the subject of GS his antics on the line yesterday show that, contrary to what he says, he clearly hasn't learned anything about his self as a manager - it has to stop!!

Edited by mjs

Cole will be going nowhere. He is in Graeme Souness' plans. Souey aint going to get sell one of our best players even if they do have personal difficulties then need to be professional and put the club before any stupid feud they might have.

Hmmm........ never stopped him with Dunn and to a lesser extent Todd (based solely on this season's performances)

I can't see Cole leaving voluntarily if rumours about the £1m loyalty clause for seeing out his contract are true. I can see the Club selling him for this reason and I think this would be extremely worrying as I feel it is essential for next season we keep our best players i.e. Friedel, Ferguson and Cole and make one or two QUALITY additions.

We don't want another season playing catch up as a result of waving our best players goodbye in the summer like 12 months ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.