BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Dickov Signs - Good Deal Or Not ?

Is buying Dickov a good move for Rovers ?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Is buying Dickov a good move for Rovers ?

• Fantastic. A proven Premiership goal scorer is just what we need.
    • Good buy for the money, but not the most important signing we'll make.
    • Average Player, Average Deal.
    • Squad player at best, can't see the point, we already have much better.
    • Insane purchase, the club is going backwards.
    • He'll never be as good as Lee Grooby.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UI cannot remumber much from Fridays game but i think dickov had a very good game and still got stucjk in evn theough it was a friendly.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Have you been sober at all since arriving?

UI cannot remumber much from Fridays game but i think dickov had a very good game and still got stucjk in evn theough it was a friendly.

rover.gif get wrecked before every game jordan,thats my advice for this season tinykit.gif

Im very suprised we didnt show an interest in either Hasslebaink or Viduka, of which i know about anyways.

Kluivert anyone?

Good grief! We've just got rid of one sulky, chip-on-the-shoulder git with an over inflated ego, with two more in Todd and Yorke lined up to be potted the same way and you want to bring in 3 ready made replacements!

cool, check this out, Dickov goals for last season

05/15/2004 Arsenal-Leicester 26'

05/08/2004 Leicester-Portsmouth 27'

04/05/2004 Leeds United-Leicester 77'

01/17/2004 Middlesbrough-Leicester 49' 65'

01/03/2004 Manchester City-Leicester 4'

12/26/2003 Leicester-Newcastle 67'

11/09/2003 Manchester City-Leicester 53'

10/19/2003 Leicester-Tottenham Hotspur 40'

09/15/2003 Leicester-Leeds United 23' 83'

08/16/2003 Leicester-Southampton 5'

• 1 month later...
Who are the nutters who are voting the first option?

If he's anything more than 4th choice then we've just taken a step backwards.

I'm not picking on Dean here (Sorry mate, it's the only one i could find). But alot of people wrote him off before the season had started. Before he'd even kicked a ball for us in training.

So far Dickov has shown us something very nice. Passion and an immense work-rate. Question is, can he do it for 90 minutes? Or is he perfect for the final 45?

Personally i think he should start. He should be out there from minute 1 to really run at the defenders and give them hell. If he does tire, we've always got Gally on the bench to do something similar (Except not score).

Again, this isn't a 'hahaha, you were all wrong about Dickov' thread. This is a chance to praise a so far excellent striker who could help us this coming season to a level alot didn't expect.

Speaking of Mr. Cole, it's a good job Bolton were so bad at the back. The amount of chances he needed blink.gif

Exactly what I said whilst watching MOTD at work receiving abuse from an Everton and NobEnd fan about Andy Cole. What was it, four clear chances (not counting the one that just hit him and he claimed tongue.gif )?

Cole's always missed chances but he still scores goals. What struck me yesterday was when was the last time we created four or five clear-cut chances for Cole in a single game? He'll do well there.

As for Dickov, I didn't rate him before he signed and I still don't yet. I didn't think he did much in the first game, people seem to confuse running around like a headless chicken as good play, but he did well yesterday. If he carries on in that form I'll change my mind.

Speaking of Mr. Cole, it's a good job Bolton were so bad at the back. The amount of chances he needed  blink.gif

Exactly what I said whilst watching MOTD at work receiving abuse from an Everton and NobEnd fan about Andy Cole. What was it, four clear chances (not counting the one that just hit him and he claimed tongue.gif )?

it all about being there to get the chances, he clever in his running and movement, and his shots were on target, a very good final goal aswell.

Maybe if Coleman was playing Ian Pearce a centreback on the left wing Andy Cole may have had less chances

So far Dickov has shown us something very nice. Passion and an immense work-rate. Question is, can he do it for 90 minutes? Or is he perfect for the final 45?

Personally i think he should start.

Souness is to be congratulated for picking the forward line just right and they are all playing a good part in it as it is. (Dickov's behaviour might mean that he will not always see a full 90mins out anyway).

Our problem is his stupid and stubborn tinkering with midfield and defence. It appears to me that his starting formation v Soton was based on his own stubborness in the face of fans criticism. How else could he justify;

1. putting Matteo instead of Gresko in left midfield instead of using him as an obvious centre half replacement for Amoruso?

2. Playing Emerton at right back (a decision which cost us the opening goal and could have cost us our own second if he had kept him there) when Neill (deemed fit to play for the reserves in mid week and fit for the bench) should have been played from the start.

Sure D'Urso's an incapable nobhead and gave em a goal but lets not forget that we gave em two!

• 2 months later...

Well you anti Dickov's- do you think we need him now??

We are not a top five team so I think we can say he is proving to be a good purchase. Of course there are still doubters but I must say I question how much you people actually know about football.

Ask most managers and they would take Dickov and they would take him, even just to have him in the squad alone- but of course we have people on here who have managed businesses before...same thing.

Sorry a drink fuelled rant but seeing the performances he is putting in makes me proud for him to be a Rover

tinykit.gif

Edited by John

Sorry a drink fuelled rant but seeing the performances he is putting in makes me proud for him to be a Rover

tinykit.gif

I've had many a drink-fuelled rant on here too..........But never at 1.30 in the afternoon! ohmy.gif

Anyway well done John theres sure to be lots and lots of humble pie required by so many of our resident 'experts' huh.gif

Meanwhile I'm off to make some more to satisfy the demand. laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had many a drink-fuelled rant on here too..........But never at 1.30 in the afternoon!

Anyway well done John theres sure to be lots and lots of humble pie required by so many of our resident 'experts'.

Meanwhile I'm off to make some more to satisfy the demand. laugh.gif

I'd better get a bigger pan........ We're surely gonna need a skip full now! rover.gif

Dickov v Andy Cole (including todays games)

Dickov Cole

GOALS 7 6

shots on target 22 18

mins per goal 243 262

goals per game 0.35 0.35

caught offside 40 22

assists 3 2

crosses 26 7

fouls 45 23

yellow cards 3 2

red cards 0 1

hands on hips

(av mins per game) 2 45

being a total pest to the

opposition defenders

(av mins per game) 90 12.5

Tris, it would be nice to see a goals per £ comparison. I guess based on a weekly wage versus goal return, Dickov would be pretty high up. Andy Johnson has probably been the best value for money striker this season but Dickov must be right up there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.