BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

My first  request for Room 101.

People who find it amusing to use the age old unwitty alternative club names like

Chelski, Citeh, Man Ure etc etc yawn yawn.

333452[/snapback]

If that's what's burning you up right now, you really should get out more...

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who find it amusing to use the age old unwitty alternative club names like

333452[/snapback]

Having a good day brownie.

Strange people usually do things like that to save time however citeh takes 0.326 more seconds to type than City.

I would like to have seen Andrew Cole in a Rovers shirt again but perhaps he has taken enough money out of the club.

In his three and a half years at Ewood, Cole earned a whopping £73,000 a week and scored 37 goals, making each goal worth roughly a staggering £366,000.

In his 12 months at Fulham, Cole earned £40,000 a week and scored 13 goals, at a cost of about £160,000 per goal.

Manchester City are paying Cole £25,000 a week. I hope they get better value out of him than we did.

I would like to have seen Andrew Cole in a Rovers shirt again but perhaps he has taken enough money out of the club.

In his three and a half years at Ewood, Cole earned a whopping £73,000 a week and scored 37 goals, making each goal worth roughly a staggering £366,000.

333483[/snapback]

Amazing.. when you look at it that way! However Football economics are notoriously fickle.

Cost of dropping out of the premier league 20M so if you remove Cole's goals and recalculate the league table... which I can't be bothered to do - was it worth it?

Of course even with that said if Cole wasn't in the team another Striker would have been and may have scored. So much for if's and but's....

So even if Bellamy gets 30 goals this season - it is highly likley that each one will cost in excess of £150K - Ouch! - Football is crazy!!!!!!

333452[/snapback]

1.Chelski

2.Man Yoo

3.Arsenil

4.Liv er pool

5.Evertonne

6.Noocastle

7.Ass ton Villa

8.ROVERS

9.Bull tone

10.Charleston pathletic

11.Midd les bro

12.Sun der land

13.Man Citeh

14.Tottingham

15.Pots Mouth

16.Waste Ham

17.Wigg on

18.Waste Brom

19.Burning Ham

20.Foolham

Couldn't resist lifting this from another thread smile.gif

In his 12 months at  Fulham, Cole earned £40,000 a week and scored 13 goals, at a cost of about £160,000 per goal.

Manchester City are paying Cole £25,000 a week. I hope they get better value out of him than we did.

333483[/snapback]

Jim, I think Andy Cole was at Ewood for two and a half years. Are your other numbers as accurate?

Two points about his last two transfers- Fulham took over his Rovers contract plus payment of the £1m end of contract bubble Rovers were due to pay. So surely, Cole earned at least as much in wages at Fulham as he did at Rovers? Rovers saved either £3m or £4.5m in wages depending on whether he earned the widely reported £40K or the £73K figure you have suddenly produced.

In transferring to City, Cole is being paid up the whole of next year's contracted salary from Fulham- at least £2m. No doubt City are funding Fulham for that pay-out so getting a mere £25K a week is no hardship for Andrew and no bargain for City.

Good spot.

Cole's 37 goals over two and a half years at Ewood cost about £263,000 each, still a princely sum.

The salary figures are all correct.

Edited by jim mk2

But it would have been worthless if Jansen hadn't scored the first one, or if some aging Welsh get hadn't had the game of his life and put sick-note Anderson in his pocket, or Brad hadn't made those saves...................

Please don't give all the credit to Cole. Even Tiny had a decent game at right back.

That's similar to the amount I heard at the time but I gave up trying to make that point as John Williams apparently told someone on here that no one was on that amount of money at the club. I also heard that Dwight Yorke was on £50k per week. blink.gif

I'm sure Dwight's pay was heavily perfromance based. Going on that information he must of been fairly close to the minimum wage.

In all seriousness I think if he activated all the approptiate bonus packages in his contract he would be earning something like the 50k reported - taking in to account starts, goals, assists etc.

Judging by all the players salary figures being confidently touted around on this board I can only assume that Rovers routinely disclose players salary info to the general public. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Andy Cole has penned a two-year deal for City.

Just wish him well in coming season.  smile.gif

333764[/snapback]

I don't! City are one of the clubs that we should be looking to finish above this coming season. In fact I hope that he can count his goals on one hand next May..... and that he is their leading scorer! rover.gif

I don't agree.

333849[/snapback]

This is one of the strangest debates I've ever known between Rovers fans, there's seemingly an equal split between people that think Taylor played well, and people that think he was complete bobbins.

EVerytime Ziege got the ball he was in acres of space, when Taylor at RB should've been there to confront him. Spurs goal was just one of numerous chances that resulted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.