BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

Exactly , Theno ....at least Stead could be relied on not to sulk  thumbs-up.gif

328369[/snapback]

You want to have been (where I was sat) at Spurs on the last day of the season, the rattle was thrown well and truly out of the pram by the young 'striker'

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Cole left Rovers last summer, I was watching Lancashire at Old Trafford in a one day match. I am going to Old Trafford today, for the 20/20 match against the Burnley supporting white rose missing links. I beleive the wheel will come full circle and Cole will sign for Rovers, whilst I watch the cricket. Think about it.

You want to have been (where I was sat) at Spurs on the last day of the season, the rattle was thrown well and truly out of the pram by the young 'striker'

328462[/snapback]

That's quite interesting. What happened?

Well, the cricket at Old Trafford came and went, but no sign of Coley. Maybe its because hes refereeing the Lions V All Blacks this morning.

328631[/snapback]

Doubt it, surely even he would have helped with the Lions with a result like that.. wink.gif

• Backroom
what's the point in bringing him  here - he's hardly going to be a hard working squad player .

328350[/snapback]

BP, it may not be the goals that Andy Cole scores for us but what he creates for whoever is partnering him up front rolleyes.gif

Stead isn't fit to lace Cole's boots.

Who cares if he's a bit moody...In my opinion he is, along with Shearer the best out and out scorer we've has in many years.

And I think he's probably got another 2 good years in him...Very fit and still quite rapid over a few yards....

Jon Stead...........Not in the same league as Coley.

Jon Stead...........Not in the same league as Coley.

328978[/snapback]

Actually he is this coming season, he was last season and for half a season before that!

Both strikers have their place in the game, and when steady was scoring more than cole at the end of that half season, i didn't hear you complaining! rolleyes.gif

Cole under Hughes (a fellow ex-scummer who he has nothing but respect for) will be a different beast to Cole under Souness, who was a surly sweaty tosser.

I would be glad to see Cole back.

329027[/snapback]

Thought you moved house because of him ?

Agree about Cole though, and no Yorke around reminding him of the United glory years.

• 2 weeks later...

noticed when i was watching SPN earlier, how unhappy Cole was at rovers. It showed clips of goals from other teams, and you could tell he was estatic when he had scored, however when it showed the goal for Rovers, he just turned around and began to walk back to the halfway line.

Fairly happy he went to Man Citeh. He's 33, around the same age as Dickov, and only scores 10 goals a season now. His wages and the fee would not make financial sense either. Maybe an unknown international on a Bosman would work (like Riziak at Derby).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.