Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Krislu says the worlds flat id believe him at the moment

biggrin.gif

I can confirm that Gamst Pedersen WILL get his debut against ManU, meaning he will play part in the game! I'm going to watch on tv, but for all of you that are going to the game, shout PEEEDERSEN PEEEDERSEN if we get a free-kick just outside the 18y box..

(Please listen to Krislu this time... cool.gif )

Well done, Krislu. It's been interesting following developments since you told us he was going to sign. Are we going to start a new debate to discuss how he's doing?

Didn't I tell you all we would sign this fella many many moons ago, right after the DePedro signing I told you we would still be signing this bloke, jeez no repsect these young uns nowadays biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I can confirm that Gamst Pedersen WILL get his debut against ManU, meaning he will play part in the game! I'm going to watch on tv, but for all of you that are going to the game, shout PEEEDERSEN PEEEDERSEN if we get a free-kick just outside the 18y box..

Krislu, you have just hexed that. Don't you know Souness reads this board for his tactics and line ups. He reads what the fans want and does the opposite.

biggrin.gif

Souness has told Gamst Pedersen on training today he will start against man u.

biggrin.gif

Gamst'n on the left and Thompson on the right, it sure sounds good.. rover.gif

biggrin.gif

MGP said it in an radio intervju so it should be true. Let's hope Souness doesn't make a change at the last minute.

It's just in-which position that worries me.. tongue.gif

I`ve got a good feeling about the manu game.

I think Gamst P will have a positive affect on the squad. They might have a young leftfooted player who both defend and attack well again. He is that kind a player that the opposite team might use two defenders at. Allows more space for the teammates.

But give the guy a chance!!!!!! mad.gif Not slag him off after one or two games. Hes just been here for one training. Hopefylly he will be a star allready today!

I really fear for Jon Stead with no Cole and Gally absent.

Yup three games in and he has not scored yet. I AM surprised the fans have not turned on him yet, Souness and his wasting of money and all that.

In response to your comment, if we have to worry about Stead because of who he is playing with then we have a problem. The idea is that Stead will score goals or make goals regardless of who he is playing with, just like all top strikers do, or must.

Jon Stead has to make it at this level because Jon Stead has the heart, desire and talent to do so, not because he is playing alongside some has been. Naive view, very niave, in my opinion that is, or are you just having another dig for letting lazy blue boots go.

From what I have seen so far he has been there or there abouts several times this season already, things have just not quite fell for him, we must do nothing but offer encourage him he's a glimmer of hope.

Edited by USABlue

Another article, this time from the local paper Nordlys.

http://www.nordlys.no/sporten/til-magasine...icle1228154.ece

http://www.nordlys.no/multimedia/archive/0...jpg_451639g.jpg

EXPECTS GOALS FROM GAMST

On Gamst Pedersen's first training with his new teammates in Blackburn, og the teams last training session before the big match against Manchester United, the Vadsøboy (where he's lived almost his whole life) exactly how good his lefty is. On four out of five set pieces from 18-20 meters, Morten scored behind Peter Enckelmann.

- How much did you have to pay for him, asked one of the players, impressed, Souness.

The scottish manager just smiled, well in the know that he has the same high expectations as the English media.

-I expect goals and assists from Morten.

HAS TO ADJUST

If the new Blackburn-player scores in his debut, and the home team gets three points against United, Gamst Pedersen will be guaranteed to get the big headlines. After the sale of the fans favourite Damien Duff the club has struggled to find the right man on the left side. - Yes, I am confident that Morten will make it here. And Souness believes he has got his man.

It's of course dependant that that he adapts quickly. Everything is faster, and he needs time to adjust. - But he's got it in him, we saw that all the times we scouted for him.

ADVANTAGE

The first time Rovers saw Gamst in action was against Northern Ireland in his international debut.

- He scored two goals and was very good the other times we saw him. So we've been trying to get him for a long time now, says Souness, whom told the British press about Morten changing from his right foot to the left foot as a 15-year-old.

- It's a big advantage that he can use both his lefs. And it's also an asset that he can play at left midfield. Goalscoring left-footed midfielders and attackers are very rare these days.

The Scot does everything he can to not make people compare Morten to Damien Duff.

- Morten has other qualities than Duff. He's an allrounder, with good technique, good finishing, good jumping and heading ability and last but not least good physics. In addition to that, he is young, and hopefully he can look forward to an amazing feature in the Premier League.

DRILLED

Yesterday Morten got drilled in the position as a left midfielder, to be as prepared as he could be.

- He's impressed me mightly, and he is a unique footballer, the former player said.

If Morten Gamst Pedersen does what his manager expects from him, with 30.000 home supporters in the back, to score, his status as a hero will be made.

- Nothing would make me more happy, Souness smiled.

Edited by cuidado

I think it leaves De Pedro with some competition for his position which can only be a good thing. All it means is that we have two players in the left wing position, one who will run at people and take defenders on and one who isn't quite so quick but can get the ball into the box nice and early. Hope this means we won't see Matteo out on the wing.