SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Henning Berg it is good for MGP that Souness is no longer the manager for Blackburn. He thinks that he will develop better as a player with another manager. Berg said also that it would be good for Rovers. 

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/sport/pl/article275187.ece

Any chance of a full translation, Maverick?

"Morten Gamst Pedersen's development at Blackburn has taken a strange turn and he now needs a Bra. Henning Berg blamed Souness who promptly left for the land of big girl's blouses in Newcastle."

I think I've got the gist of it.

Tony Parkes has just been named as caretaker - again.

what is your source?

Radio Lancashire - but I'm sure it's true !

Parkes is taking up the role for a sixth time - loyalty does still exist in the game after all...

Sky Sports news

TP has previously done a good job, I cannot see him lasting more than 3 weeks this time.

Rovers HAVE to appoint a manager soon and one with a bit of experience. It will undoubtedly mean the end of saunders and boersma and will herald a new direction of the playing field.

Good or Bad ?

One thing is for sure, Rovers WILL have to appoint someone with the promise of money, they will also have to appoint someone with experience of making the best of what we have got.

Gordon Strachan or Mark Hughes are my preferred options. tinykit.gif

Hoddle 8-1,

Houillier 8-1,

Venables 12-1,

Graham 16-1,

Keegan 50-1,

G Francis 66-1

Taylor 66-1

I'm nearly throwing up at the thought that this little group is even mentioned in connection with BRFC.

Surprised by this but not upset. I think he'd run his course with us. He has achieved good things at Ewood, but I think a fresh face (or at least Tony Parkes' again!) is probably best all round.

Timing and recent transfer activities do look a bit suspect though.

Was a complete shock to me. Having just moved into a new house, I as yet haven't got an internet connection or got very much of a telly signal so when I got a phne call, thought my bro was taking the p*ss!

Its a weird feeling. I was a supporter of Souness but I'm not absolutely devastated that he has gone. We had three wonderful seasons with Souness but last year was poor. He turned our club around from when we were mid-table in division one and we should all thank him for that, but on reflection he had probably taken Rovers a bit too far.

According to Henning Berg it is good for MGP that Souness is no longer the manager for Blackburn. He thinks that he will develop better as a player with another manager. Berg said also that it would be good for Rovers. 

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/sport/pl/article275187.ece

Any chance of a full translation, Maverick?

Souness Gone: Good for Gamstens development

It is good for MGP that Graeme Souness is no longer manager for Blackburn, says Henning Berg.

On Monday morning Souness went from his manager job at Blackburn and over to Newcastle. Souness recently brought MGP to Blackburn, but Berg is of the opinion that his departure will be good for the Norwegians development as a player.

-I know Blackburn, I know Graeme Souness, and I know the environment in Blackburn. This is only good for MGP.

-I know Souness as a trainer, and he has many weaknesses. Depending on whom the new manager will be, Berg thinks it only will be good for MGP.

Berg do not want to say what kind of weaknesses he thinks Souness has, but if you look at the results the last year, it is not good enough. With the players Blackburn have and the amount of money spent the last years, the results are to weak. So it’s only good for the club that Souness is gone. I’m really surprised that Newcastle would choose him as there new manager, Berg adds.

How high up the table could Blackburn get this year?

- It’s hard to say, Souness have sold many good players like Duff, Dunn, Cole and Yorke. Duff was hard to hold on to, but the rest of the players should have staid at the club. The table position would depend on who the new manager will be, Berg answers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.