SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad too see the back of souness but he has turned the club around and done us proud, even though the squad is i believe one of the weakest squads in the league. he has got us in europe twice won the worthington cup and best of all got us bak in too the premiership!!

saying this he has taken us as far as he can and i wish him all the best of luck, as for the replacement-- definatley not newell, hughes or parks

i would love to see venables or strachen!!!-- proven premiership managers

Glenn, I agree with you.

Please Mr Williams, now that we've got compensation for removing one of the highest paid managers in the Premiership, can we TRY to get someone who MIGHT have some clue on blobs. (for those of you who don't know about blobs, it's a patented organisational system thought up by one of my friends. To employ "blobs" you first find out what position all of your players play in- you know - how they'd describe themselves on their passport. You then choose the system you want to play, and put the best player ("blob") in each position into the team. I know we HAVE played this in the past, but it seems so long ago...........) From there we can move on to "jumpers" which involves ONLY passing to those wearing the same coloured shirt as you (or Brad- you CAN pass to Brad- although NOT in the middle of an attacking move unless it's in the last 3 minutes and we're losing)

Also, we only have ONE man to thank for having one of the weakest squads in the Premiership. And he's gone to do the same to Pukea**ehole- oh happy day!

Edited by Jan

now that he has taken saunders, boersma and co (his usual lackeys) with him, all that's left is for him to let us have bellamy on the cheap! come'on graeme, go kick him! tongue.gif

my original choice was mark hughes... but after 6 hours or so of thought, i suppose i wouldnt mind houllier or venables... but please, no hoddle.

Saunders is going with him as well as Murray and boersma, according to Sky

Absolutely fantastic news in my opinion that. We need a real coach. Also 100% agree with Glenn on Hoddle. I wouldn't attend a single game during his tenure should it happen.

Woodwards 33-1. Worth £3 I reckon. biggrin.gif

but after 6 hours or so of thought, i suppose i wouldnt mind houllier

I'm sorry, what reasons can you possibly come up with for us to appoint Houllier? Except the "he can attract some senegalfrench superstars for 10 million pounds" thing, but I really don't see that as a positive factor...

Its interesting that theres 12 applicants. I fear that Hoddle, Graham and Houllier may be among those applicants. Theres only one guy to take the job for me and I hope that Newell has applied.

laugh.gif newell???

give me a reason why mike newell would be a good replacement?????

if you cant try finding a reason why he wouldn't be its easier, trust!

Can't say i an extatic but neither am i deverstated! Would have liked a bit more loyalty considering we brought his managerial career back to life and supported him thoughtout everything. But it solves alot of problems, shame we haven't still got cole!

I must say I'm not to upset that he left, but if we get Hoddle as our the new manager then surely we will go down!

Therefore I urge my fellow Blackburn based supporters to go down to Ewood Park tomorrow with HUGE banners saying something like "We dont want Hoddle" or "Hoddle aint welcome here"...

We must not make the mistake of signing him!

I hope Strachan takes over.

When I first loaded my homepage today, which is set to soccernet.com,

I saw the headline "Souness Takes Over Toon", I started laughing hysterically, then I had a moment to remember that he's leaving Rovers.

Then I started thinking, who will replace GS?

Then I thought, with the time off between matches, why didn't he leave last week after the Manure match? Give us more time to find an able replacement. Now we only have a week, unless JW has been looking all the while and just waiting for the axe to fall on Souness.

I am happy that Souness brought us out of the First division and that he won a trophy with us (Worthington), but even someone like me who doesn't know football (right LeChuck wink.gif ) could see that his time at Ewood was up.

I also want to wish him the best of luck at Newcastle, but not too much luck. tongue.gif

Now, I would love to know who has applied for the position.

Strachan- Forget Scotland! Sign on with Rovers! thumbs-up.gif

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!

I can truthfully say that the weather looks just that little bit better this morning. This is the best thing that could have happened for Rovers (and me -unless the ******* had moved to Rangers) as Newcastle (aka Pukea**ehole are my second least favourite team in the world- I even prefer Manure).

I got my season ticket as soon as the confirmation appeared on Rovers website (the first time I phoned the ticket office couldn't confirm anything)

At least hopefully we'll have no more of the "he's hit so and so, and fallen out with so and so" reports now. God help Pukea**ehole- Freddie Shepard obviously has NO idea what's going on in the world- note their fans are furious- hehehe

Strachan (unless he takes over as Scotland manager - please PLEASE) is my choice for the position. He IS available, although we might be too far away from the rest of his life for him.

Apart from him, Mark Hughes would be good, Mike Newall is making a BIG name for himself down here.

But actually I don't much mind. I'd add Hoddle to my last list of people I don't want (forgot about his existence) but there are very few I'd turn down. They all have one advantage. They're NOT Graeme Souness.

Bye, bye. Don't let the door hit you on the A**e on the way out.

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning,

Oh what a beautiful day

I've got a Beautiful feeling

Everything's goin' my way!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

WELL I HOPE YOU HAVE NOT GOT THE SEAT BEHIND ME....... mad.gif

STUPID MARE!!!!!!GET A LIFE!!!!!

GREED WINS AGAIN!NEARLY CRASHED WAGON WHEN I HEARD.....WHAT WILL IT BE JAN ONE LOSS AND THROW YOUR TICKET BACK AND SHOUT FOR PARKES HEAD!

Feeling very depressed tonight . I feel right now that we are seeing the beginning of a serious decline and that our days as a top club may soon come to an end. The players are bound to be shocked especially young Boothroyd and may start to question the attitude of the club and the direction we are going in. Please JW get the next appointment right otherwise the future doesnt bear thinking about.

Many thanks to Souness for his efforts for us and not every fan thought you were poor, Graeme. It will be interesting to follow the Geordies progress with him in charge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.