BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

Then I thought, with the time off between matches, why didn't he leave last week after the Manure match? Give us more time to find an able replacement. Now we only have a week, unless JW has been looking all the while and just waiting for the axe to fall on Souness.

Because newcastle were asking everybody else they could think of before getting to the bottom of the barrel!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tony parkes and bobby downs are the only back room staff left a tthe club at this present time !

New defensive techniques

New ideas on attacking flowing football

Players playing in the correct position

New tactical awareness

works for me

tinykit.gif

I am now well and truly over my disappointment and have now laid a new bedroom floor and sung all the way through !

Well well well, I go away for a couple of days and look what happens. I have only just got the news and have not read anything, somewhat disturbed by this. I feel we will only go down hill from here.

I wonder if this was in the cards since Souness enquired about Shearer. Well the detractors now have their way, let's see if they were right shall we. Who is Souness going to poach from the club now, which players will follow and which will remain loyal to BRFC. Well I wll start catching up on the reading and the views of you all.

For American

I don't care if we get McLeish- except he's not proving to be too good and we've had enough of that with Souness. I don't care if we get Terry Butcher- he's doing quite well at Motherwell. I don't care if we get McCoist-except he hasn't got the coaching badges and the female populace of blackburn wouldn't be safe. I would care about Walter Smith but only because he is a rubbish manager.

Sorry

I JUST HATED SOUNESS. and he's GONE!!!!! and nothing any of YOU can say will change that- he's gone to Pukea**ehole. The world really doesn't get MUCH better

Oh what a beautiful day!!! (repeat ad nauseam)

For American

I don't care if we get McLeish- except he's not proving to be too good and we've had enough of that with Souness. I don't care if we get Terry Butcher- he's doing quite well at Motherwell. I don't care if we get McCoist-except he hasn't got the coaching badges and the female populace of blackburn wouldn't be safe. I would care about Walter Smith but only because he is a rubbish manager.

Sorry

I JUST HATED SOUNESS. and he's GONE!!!!! and nothing any of YOU can say will change that- he's gone to Pukea**ehole. The world really doesn't get MUCH better

Oh what a beautiful day!!! (repeat ad nauseam)

STUPID !!!!!!

NEVER EVER HAVE I READ SUCH BULL .....DONT EVER INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO ME YOU STUPID WOMAN!

Well well well, I go away for a couple of days and look what happens. I have only just got the news and have not read anything, somewhat disturbed by this. I feel we will only go down hill from here.

I wonder if this was in the cards since Souness enquired about Shearer. Well the detractors now have their way, let's see if they were right shall we. Who is Souness going to poach from the club now, which players will follow and which will remain loyal to BRFC. Well I wll start catching up on the reading and the views of you all.

My fear is that he will try to poach Ferguson. I hope not because he is the only class player we have.

Abbey- I could never envisage a scenario when I would be so desperate that I would want to be introduced to anyone so obviously stupid as yourself.

Stupid boy.

Al

If he gives us £7m for Ferguson, BITE HIS HAND OFF!!

I got my season ticket as soon as the confirmation appeared on Rovers website (the first time I phoned the ticket office couldn't confirm)

I'm sure that the Board, players and fans will all rest easy now they know Jan's renewed her season ticket.

me stupid ?whatever its not me who as a child like obsession with souey?is it....its not me who wont get behind the club because of souey....

YOU REALLY ARE ONE SICK LASS ,ID GO TO THE DOCS IF I WAS YOU IM SURE HED GIVE YOU MEDICINE.......

I got my season ticket as soon as the confirmation appeared on Rovers website (the first time I phoned the ticket office couldn't confirm)

I'm sure that the Board, players and fans will all rest easy now they know Jan's renewed her season ticket.

I BET THEY ARE TOO!!!!

When we get Martin O'Neill i'm sure it will be winging straight back smile.gif

I have looked through the thread a bit and at a staggering 15 pages of content I didnt manage to se it all. I apologise if I am just repeating anybody else..

I am extremely annoyed for two reasons. Firstly Souness has, particularly in the last two close season, built a side that he wanted- Matteo, Dickov, Ferguson, Amoruso, Gray. These players virtually all came in because Souness was the manager, all of them will be reconsidering their futures- particularly Amoruso and Ferguson i feel. To build this kind of 'loyal' player base he sold our flair players- Dunn, Cole and Yorke. To not see it thorough is disgraceful.

Secondly he has left us in the lurch when throughout his career he was going on about commitment and so forth. For all of Dunn's short comings he never just walked out. That is pathetic from a man who obviously prides himself on his integrity.

I was reasonably in favour of Souness but the guy has completely fallen from grace.

As for the next manager we need an appointment that will encourage Ferguson and Amoruso that their future lies at Blackburn Rovers. The manager must be one who has a cohesive plan for the club to take it forward. The manager must be have good technical ability and experience at the top level. If we play stop gap relegation avoiding tactics the players will leave.

We need to make this a positive move forward.

Well well well, I go away for a couple of days and look what happens.  I have only just got the news and have not read anything, somewhat disturbed by this.  I feel we will only go down hill from here.

I wonder if this was in the cards since Souness enquired about Shearer. Well the detractors now have their way, let's see if they were right shall we.  Who is Souness going to poach from the club now, which players will follow and which will remain loyal to BRFC.  Well I wll start catching up on the reading and the views of you all.

My fear is that he will try to poach Ferguson. I hope not because he is the only class player we have.

Yeah, and Brad and Stead. That would be us done for then. At least we get to keep everyone till January, whetehr they will put in full effort till then is anyones guess. I imagine the lure of Newcastle would be too much to resist for Fergie or any of our players really. I wonder how the players just brought in are feeling, like Bothroyd, and Dickov who went on record as saying souness was one of the reasons he came.

Apparently Souness will NOT take charge until after the Newcastle Game according to the Guardian LINK

Is that John Williams stepping in or a mark of respect?

More worryingly, does that leave Saunders in charge for Saturday??

Do you mean Parkes will coach us and Souness will not be involved as Newcastle manager. Either way you can bet the Geordies will have the scoop.

I would hate to lose Ferguson, I agree that he is our only remaining class player we have.

I can only think of one manager who would pay enough to recoup a sizeable portion of the ridiculous 7m plus that was paid for Ferguson in the first place . Guess who ? If our new bloke needs money to bring in his own men , maybe a Fergy move to Newcastle wouldn't be a bad move .

Oh, I am firmly behind the appointment of Strachan. On the other hand, if he was looking for a job would he of not gone to Newcastle? Surely his stock is higher than Souness'? The only candidate I can see definately not taking us down.

Hoddle would be an interesting appointment and his team would play attractive football. But the man is obnoxious and it could all end in relegation.

Mark Hughes would be the next best thing to anybody but Strachan. Cannot see him leaving Wales though. Maybe shared job with the national team?

I have been a Souness fan but felt he had taken us as far as he could, and some of his tactical decisions were puzzling this season. The timing is the strangest thing!!!

Will be remembered by me for that worthington cup win and the constant rants at referees, particularly the amusing tirade after the watford game at home when he banged on the advertising screen behind him muttering '......that clown in there.....'. Very good!

Good luck to him.

A win on saturday would taste more sweet now.

The vibe that I am getting is that the geordies are not over the moon with the appointment???? laugh.giflaugh.gif

OK, we might disagree with Jan, but at least she has put her money where her mouth is. Here is the question: For all of you in the anti-Souness brigade who harped on here over the last few months that their friends refused to renew because Souness was doing a terrible job as manager, how many of them have rang the ticket office today?

Good Luck to the guy!!!!!!

He had only five games at Ewood before the board decided to sack him or not. So go before you are pushed.

Lets hope we can get a manager who will turn things around. Maybe we can win a game.

So how many players is he going to try and take to Newcastle now?

Hands off!!!!!!

Tugay Ferguson Friedel and the rest

If he gives us £7m for Ferguson, BITE HIS HAND OFF!!

WHAT!!!!!!

Bazza is by far our best outfield player and i wouldn't let him go to a team with money for less than......£20trillion.....£20million would be nice though. Get someone with a bit of sense to spend it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.