BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we bring a left back in we still will have enough cover, with the new guy, Gray and Jay on the left and Emerton on the right with Zurab at a push playing there although he hasnt looked that assured there. We cant have two players for every position cause it isnt an ideal world but I think if Emerton stays fit we should be OK.

yes I am absolutley sure that we will all be talking abou wham in a different vein next year as they wont be in the bloody premier league :)

gamble ? yes it is

clause ? just proves your in it for the money and NOT ambition

last laugh ? yes you will, on wham themselves

guaranteed first team place ? with ALL of our players fit lucash, your not guaranteed a first team place at Ewood nor will you be at wham fc :wstu:

guaranteed first team place ? with ALL of our players fit lucash, your not guaranteed a first team place at Ewood nor will you be at wham fc :wstu:

Agreed with most of your post, other than that last bit. He was always a regular at Rovers, althought through merit. Im sure he will be a regular at West Ham too. I think he dug himself a bit of a credibility hole with his comments though.

Good luck to Lucas Neil. He is not endearing himself to the fans with this protracted transfer but he has been a steady player for us. I personally am not too sad as i have never rated him better than average as a defender, he goes to ground and commits too easily and gives silly free kicks/penalties away. However, he is good going forward. I don't think we will have to look too hard to replace him though.

Edited by Heyho

I think the main reason people will miss him if they do is because he has been at the club for a relatively long time and in todays world we like the idea of players sticking around at a club for 6-7-8 years rather than the now typical 2-3 seasons maximum which has become the norm.

Hi, Lucas, just thought you'd like to know the lads didn't miss you at all this afternoon. They got three yellow cards all on their own <_<

Thanks for everything and good luck with West Ham. Onwards and upwards, eh?

Edited by roversmum

I just don't get you guys. WHam is the perfect place for Lucash to go- he's not going to do any damage to Rovers' ambitions there.

Anyway, thanks Lucas. The posts by RB over the past 3.5 years about you have made your sojourn at Ewood an entertaining one.

And you are a very good if rather inattentive footballer. Lots of great moments and some horrible howlers along the way.

You'll get booed when you come back to Ewood but it will not be deserved.

Ya translation of being wanted = The more you pay, the more you want me.

Ya I guess we didnt want to pay him the 45-50k he was looking for and neither did Liverpool.

Hughes gave him the captains armband, the fans wanted him to stay, his teammates too, the club was in a stable position, looking good in Europe, etc...

Yep, he wasnt wanted!

Anyway, thanks Lucas. The posts by RB over the past 3.5 years about you have made your sojourn at Ewood an entertaining one.

He remains an athletic midfielder/right wing half converted into a full back with an appalling defensive positional sense and general inability to make a legal tackle.

Last 2 games without Lucas:

Everton 1 Rovers 4 (penalty needlessy conceded by Axe)

City 0 Rovers 3

This is not a Shearer, Duff or Bellamy moment.

There is life after Lucash! :rover::tu:

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Hi, Lucas, just thought you'd like to know the lads didn't miss you at all this afternoon. They got three yellow cards all on their own <_<

Thanks for everything and good luck with West Ham. Onwards and upwards, eh?

We did not miss him against Everton either. :D

He remains an athletic midfielder/right wing half converted into a full back with an appalling defensive positional sense and general inability to make a legal tackle.

Last 2 games without Lucas:

Everton 1 Rovers 4 (penalty needlessy conceded by Axe)

City 0 Rovers 3

This is not a Shearer or Bellamy moment.

There is life after Lucash! :rover::tu:

' I think we have touched on this before Rev, I fully expect team performances to improve after Neill leaves. In my heartof hearts I really believe it has affected the players, playing for a Captain who wants out and I still think it was a bad error on Sparky's part.

Has there actually been any player that hasnt been booed by the Ewood faithful on his return? :)

Yes Roger Jones! The entire ground sang his name Roger Jones! Roger Jones! for a large part of the match although he was playing for the opposition. That is how much he meant to us! Great keeper and a great guy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.