BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Merry Christmas To My Friends And Enemies

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all, be you friend or foe.

I'm sometimes asked why I post on here, being from the dark side and all that. Well there's a couple of reasons, I just love shooting the breeze about football in general and, importantly, sometimes when it comes to your own team, people of the same persuasion as yourself are not always the most balanced or unbiased in their assessment. Despite our differences, historically both teams and towns do have a lot in common (however much we might all wish to deny it). I wouldn't swap our rivalry for any other in football.

I've also made a few decent 'internet buddies' on this forum, lads who I can share some banter with, without it being taking personally or to heart, and who I can expect to hear some sense from on the world of football.

So enjoy your Yule time, I hope you and all your family have a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're one of the good guys, Longers. You can cope with the banter and give it back in kind. I bet you're one of those who's a 5-fingered outcast. I can just tell. ;)

All the best to you and yours, fella. (Excepting the month of March, obviously).

:xmas:

Whether Burnley win, lose or draw it doesn't cheer me up in anyway if we have lost. I'm not one of those fretting because you are higher up the league than us. If Burnley go up it will have been merited, so crack on and see how you go. I can't wish you well or luck however. I can wish you a happy Xmas though!

I'll echo the sentiments of those above and agree with OOJW, I'm concerned about what we do rather than worry how your lot got on.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014 (apart from you know when!)

I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas and I'll see you at Ewood on Boxing Day!

Longsider.The name brings back wonderful memories of times gone by. Bee Hole end as well being hunted out by our friendly East Lancs neighbours when the fans mixed in together before the all ticket era. Great games to look back on. As you say we have more in common than we like to admit.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014 everyone.

I hope everyone is well and I look forward to seeing a few familiar faces again when the parasites leave the club.

In the meantime I will continue to follow non-league football.

Nice to hear from old friends Jordan. All the best to you and yours and here's hoping that it's not too long before we see that "Orvil" shirt back at Ewood.

• Moderation Lead

Got a ton of Burnley supporting mates, so the rivalry is banter at best for me anyway.

You do talk a good amount of sense, and an opponents' perspective is always good on here IMO :xmas:

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all, be you friend or foe.

I'm sometimes asked why I post on here, being from the dark side and all that. Well there's a couple of reasons, I just love shooting the breeze about football in general and, importantly, sometimes when it comes to your own team, people of the same persuasion as yourself are not always the most balanced or unbiased in their assessment. Despite our differences, historically both teams and towns do have a lot in common (however much we might all wish to deny it). I wouldn't swap our rivalry for any other in football.

I've also made a few decent 'internet buddies' on this forum, lads who I can share some banter with, without it being taking personally or to heart, and who I can expect to hear some sense from on the world of football.

So enjoy your Yule time, I hope you and all your family have a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Best wishes to you too. I used to work in Burnley and the longer I did, the more I realised how much we had in common. I saw their pain, when Coyle left and, to my amazement, I realised that this could have been the first time my Burnley mates had experienced that kind of betrayal. My first taste of it was with Furphy in '73, then the pain was repeated with several others over the years. The other thing I remember was their genuine distaste about what Venky's/Anderson et al were doing to a fellow founder member.....I am sure it didn't stop them singing that song during the match though!

Best wishes to Burnley FC, I hope they are promoted and I hope they stay in the top flight for some considerable time.

Why? Because I like the Lancashire town clubs to do well and I want them to prove to the miserablists (sp?) (of which there are a fair few on here) that with good management our decline is not inevitable and that we do not have to return to the dark days of the 1970s and 80s.

Best wishes to Burnley FC, I hope they are promoted and I hope they stay in the top flight for some considerable time.

Why? Because I like the Lancashire town clubs to do well and I want them to prove to the miserablists (sp?) (of which there are a fair few on here) that with good management our decline is not inevitable and that we do not have to return to the dark days of the 1970s and 80s.

WOW!!!!

Now I am thinking about the last line in that song "Christmas in the Trenches"

"And on each end of the rifle we're the same."

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014 everyone.

I hope everyone is well and I look forward to seeing a few familiar faces again when the parasites leave the club.

In the meantime I will continue to follow non-league football.

Happy Crimble Jordan, hope you are enjoying watching Harry Gate, probably see you when you play Avenue.

Would echo that.

Best wishes to everyone and here's hoping for a stonking 2014.

Best wishes for the season (it only extends to Yuletide) to you Longsiders, I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and the banter should be how it is.

I think it's worth a punt on Burnley v Rovers in a play off final. What are the odds? (Is there a DJ in the house?)

Refreshing attitude longsider, best wishes for Christmas and the new year.

My concerns are for the Rovers, although I had a business based in Burnley in the 90,s !

hope you have a good season you are a good model for us at the moment.

Archived