BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

55 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Richard Dunne's comments are a bit wide of the mark, the kids at City are working on the same drills as City are trying to make an imprint on all their age groups. It's the Cruyff model, he believed that a team should have an identity and playing style that should be replicated at every age group, in that way the kids can see the reasoning behind what they're doing and also make the transition into the first team easier as they should be used to systems of play. 

I've heard Dunne speak a few times about City and he comes across as being bitter he missed out on the mega money that City now have.

I don't know how much actually game time the kids are involved in. Looks like all drills to me 

2 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Richard Dunne's comments are a bit wide of the mark, the kids at City are working on the same drills as City are trying to make an imprint on all their age groups. It's the Cruyff model, he believed that a team should have an identity and playing style that should be replicated at every age group, in that way the kids can see the reasoning behind what they're doing and also make the transition into the first team easier as they should be used to systems of play. 

I've heard Dunne speak a few times about City and he comes across as being bitter he missed out on the mega money that City now have.

I'm reading Cruyff's biography at the moment. He was a truly great player but he could never play in goal, his head wouldn't go between the posts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't know how much actually game time the kids are involved in. Looks like all drills to me 

I suppose the argument is that kids gain very little from big sided games, the Cruyff model encourages drills and small sided games/activities where kids have the ball much more and learn how to be comfortable with it and/or learn to manipulate space. 

5 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I suppose the argument is that kids gain very little from big sided games, the Cruyff model encourages drills and small sided games/activities where kids have the ball much more and learn how to be comfortable with it and/or learn to manipulate space. 

Small sided games are the way to go.

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Lost again tonight, 0-3 against Everton.

We’d have been better off the U23s staying in Div 2 and the ladies getting promotion.

Our promotion has coincided with the loss of our better development players - and injuries haven’t helped.

It’s a good job it doesn’t really matter!

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We’d have been better off the U23s staying in Div 2 and the ladies getting promotion.

Our promotion has coincided with the loss of our better development players - and injuries haven’t helped.

It’s a good job it doesn’t really matter!

By loss you do just mean the ones stepping up to the first team and being loaned out? We haven't actually lost any of the better ones have we?

Just now, bluebruce said:

By loss you do just mean the ones stepping up to the first team and being loaned out? We haven't actually lost any of the better ones have we?

Both matey. I was referring only to Damian Johnson’s loss, not the club.

We looked poor tonight against an Everton outfit who were not as technically good as Chelsea or Leicester but who were physically strong and capitalised on some poor mistakes by our lads.   At the moment this is very much a team in transition with the next crop of youngsters coming in to replace those who played last season and have either moved up to the senior squad, moved out on loan or are out with long-term injuries.   Tonight we struggled to get anything going forward and defensively made mistakes which were punished.  Everton had a couple of lads with first team experience and, of course, they are far more experienced at this level than our youngsters.  It's a big jump from Under-18 football to the top division of Premier League 2, particularly when facing lads who are two or three years older than our own.  Long term it will hopefully pay dividends but at the moment it's a struggle.

• Like 1

Heard rumours of a small bust up between Travis and Mowbray on Saturday night. Apparently Travis is disappointed not to be getting the game time promised when he could have gone out to Port Vale on loan and play every game! Supposed to have gone to Mowbray when he found out he wasn't in the starting 11 voicing his discontent and spent the night out with his girlfriend rather than go on the subs' bench! (She is a bit of alreyt mind you)

Anyone with any more knowledge of this? 

9 minutes ago, pentelrobot said:

If true, I can understand the lad's frustration. I was surprised he was not in the squad for Bristol-we could have done with his drive and energy in what was a rather lethargic performance by most of the players.

I can understand his frustration as well but refusing the bench and going out instead, not really acceptable.

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Heard rumours of a small bust up between Travis and Mowbray on Saturday night. Apparently Travis is disappointed not to be getting the game time promised when he could have gone out to Port Vale on loan and play every game! Supposed to have gone to Mowbray when he found out he wasn't in the starting 11 voicing his discontent and spent the night out with his girlfriend rather than go on the subs' bench! (She is a bit of alreyt mind you)

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16685650.rovers-boss-wants-lewis-travis-to-stay-focussed/?ref=mac 

This is in the LT today.... Answers most of the issues addressed above.

Edited by K-Hod

21 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm not sure how true this is though. Mowbray said that the loan deal broke down? I read it was to Oldham too, not Port vale. If the deal was almost agreed, Mowbray clearly didn't have an issue with it. So not sure. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Ah. My bad. I had a phone call last night and this came up. He's usually reliable but didn't know it had made the paper! I'm very much inclined to believe he spent the weekend out with his girlfriend as opposed to "being given time off" too.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ah. My bad. I had a phone call last night and this came up. He's usually reliable but didn't know it had made the paper! I'm very much inclined to believe he spent the weekend out with his girlfriend as opposed to "being given time off" too.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I imagine there's something in it, to be fair. I just think the truth will probably be about half way between the LT article and what your mate has said.....

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, I imagine there's something in it, to be fair. I just think the truth will probably be about half way between the LT article and what your mate has said.....

Without a doubt man. Seems odd that Travis has this idea he's going to be playing a lot of games. We invested heavily in midfield this season so is he expecting to unseat Nyambe? Or does he consider himself better than our current midfielders?

A handy player and great potential. I hope he controls his temper though.

• Backroom

If Mowbray himself said he needs to get his head straight he’s obviously not a happy bunny.

Needs to get his head down and force a place on the bench as some good players are going to miss out this season.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Old papa Stuart will need to have a word with him. He would have a legitimate reason to here 

Interesting that you think one needs dealing with and the other is something and nothing. I guess one player is integral to the first team and the other isn’t. I suppose it was ever thus.

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

And again. Travis is apparently desperate to play and is not given the benefit of the doubt. Despite zero evidence of anything.

Interesting.