BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

• Backroom
12 hours ago, JAL said:

Why waste his time when they've had opportunities and failed to take them. That checkatrade performance at home to Bury was embarrassing and that's a now a league two outfit that the youngsters couldn't compete against. 

This is why the likes of Armstrong Payne and Antonnsson are here on loan.

So you think individual youth players might get through? Youth players who have won their league and taken the place of Man Utd in the league above?

Personally think Hardcastle is due a chance in midfield, and Travis in competition for RB with Nyambe at least.

• Like 1

The thing that people seem to lose track of when suggesting that we need more of our very successful academy team in the first team, is that the first team itself has been successful enough to seal promotion with 2 games to spare. So for me its a bit unfair to suggest that its only Mowbrays reluctance and lack of trust, more a case of the first team doing very well itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

So you think individual youth players might get through? Youth players who have won their league and taken the place of Man Utd in the league above?

Personally think Hardcastle is due a chance in midfield, and Travis in competition for RB with Nyambe at least.

If you can't gain a regular starting place in league one against the likes of Corry Evans then what future chance do you really have ?

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

JAL you're embarrassing yourself. Of all times of the season, now is a good one to just stop going on this with hunt of yours. 

Young lads need opportunities, Ronaldo wasn't the same player when he played for Lisbon as he is for Madrid. If you can't grasp the concept that player need time to learn their trade, you are missing a very basic tenet of football and sports in general. For everyones sake, go and think logically about what you are going to say before posting. 

Just like Jason Lowe mmmm mm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rovers we're beating ramsbottom 2-0. I left with just under ten minutes to go. Played well. Tomlinson the stand out player. Scored the first. Hardcastle with the second.

Edit. It finished 3-0

Edited by Oldgregg86

Does anybody knows what happened with Robbie Cotton? 

Supposed to be the next big thing, played regular for England U-16 and U17. Close to the first team at 17 when we were in PL according to this article.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9268550.Cotton_is_not_run_of_the_mill__says_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

Last record I can find was signing for Goole AFC in non league in 2015, but seem to dissapear the same season.

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

Does anybody knows what happened with Robbie Cotton? 

Supposed to be the next big thing, played regular for England U-16 and U17. Close to the first team at 17 when we were in PL according to this article.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9268550.Cotton_is_not_run_of_the_mill__says_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

Last record I can find was signing for Goole AFC in non league in 2015, but seem to dissapear the same season.

He got Kean'd. Everything that keaner touches ends up going south.

• Backroom

He was in India with the first team when they went, remember hearing stories of him being a bit of a problem child when he was at Sheffield FC

• Backroom

Another couple for Simmonds tonight, playing lower opposition of course but that’s 4 in pre season, hope he’s finding a finishing touch to add to his game 

edit - el hatricko

Edited by Tom

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Another couple for Simmonds tonight, playing lower opposition of course but that’s 4 in pre season, hope he’s finding a finishing touch to add to his game 

edit - el hatricko

The next young lad for the fans to pour scorn on. :(

On 24/07/2018 at 20:23, Tom said:

He was in India with the first team when they went, remember hearing stories of him being a bit of a problem child when he was at Sheffield FC

Tom - I remember Míchel Salgado telling us in India what a wonderful player Cotton was going to be. I guess that explains why Salgado hasn’t gone into management!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, only2garners said:

Tom - I remember Míchel Salgado telling us in India what a wonderful player Cotton was going to be. I guess that explains why Salgado hasn’t gone into management!

I had high hopes for another on that trip, Zac Aley, made the bench at old Trafford even, then faded into semi pro obscurity.

I think the problem is these lads had a glimpse of it and then thought they had made it already.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Tom said:

I had high hopes for another on that trip, Zac Aley, made the bench at old Trafford even, then faded into semi pro obscurity.

I think the problem is these lads had a glimpse of it and then thought they had made it already.

I think it shows the value of playing lower down and earning your way up when you look at the recent England squad.

Entitlement is a cancer that will tear teams apart.

• Like 1