BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Sunderland will be in a right mess if they lose the manager and Director of football this coming week. Both very unhappy at the lack of investment by Ellis Short

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3258955/Sunderland-chief-Ellis-Short-faces-major-rebuilding-task-Dick-Advocaat-Lee-Congerton-poised-leave-club.html

Three of the so-called 'bigger' clubs in Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa are having absolute shockers at the moment and all look good bets for the drop this season.

Meanwhile the three promoted clubs all look capable of keeping themselves up this season. Particularly Norwich and Watford who have started the season very well.

Chelsea can't afford to continue like this much longer. The title is surely beyond them now, and any more dropped points and the top four will be a tough ask.

I think Mourinho knows the game is up and is waiting to get sacked so he can clear off and have a break with a big pay-off. His behaviour and body language suggest he's had enough and doesnt particularly want to hang around. I can see him going very soon.

Advocaat seems to be going very soon and I don't think McClaren and Sherwood will be far behind.

• Backroom

Advocaat leaves Sunderland

There's a shock :lol: they might as well just offer 6 month contracts at Sunderland these days.

Not convinced Sam would go for Sunderland though. I think better clubs will become available closer to January. Sunderland have an extremely poor squad and after his last experience of fans in the North-East, not sure Allardyce will want to go back.

• Backroom

His ego might fancy the idea of taking Sunderland above Newcastle.

Not much good if they both go down though!

Sunderland's squad needs a serious rebuild and Short isn't providing any cash. Honestly not sure even Sam can save them this time.

No surprise that Advocaat has gone. Also read that Sunderland's DoF Lee Congerton has left/is leaving

I wonder if Big Sam does go there he will want full control of transfers there. Didnt have that at WHU.

Wouldnt surprise me if someone like McLeish or Lambert got the job there.

Sunderland squad is very poor and they are media reports saying Advocaat/Congerton he was unhappy with the lack of money/signings.

• Moderation Lead

3-0 now. I find it incredible that they'd pick Young at left back over Daley Blind when they've other players that can play at centre half, and that isn't even his natural position!

• Backroom

3-0 now. I find it incredible that they'd pick Young at left back over Daley Blind when they've other players that can play at centre half, and that isn't even his natural position!

Young has played well at wing back previously for LVG, and Blind has struggled in that position. I would guess LVG picked Young to try and nullify Arsenal's pace, as Blind is pretty slow. I don't know if putting Blind in the centre is any better though, considering Walcott's pace...

Archived