BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Agreed on Sherwood DE. He just didn't seem to have an ounce of tactical nous this season and ultimately came up short on numerous occasions. I love his passion, but he's another Di Canio for me - good for an immediate impact but then nosedive time.

In another situation I may say go for it... but not this one. I don't want another club legend tarnished under Venky's tenure.

I assume selling Rhodes would cover it, but too keep Rhodes and get out of FFP how many players would we need to sell. It is a tough one, I suppose it's how much we need to get out of the embargo and how much can we get for Rhodes and also January is the month of the panic buy for some clubs. So if we get a stupid offer too good to turn down then take it as I can't see Rhodes being here for the long run especially if a PL club come calling. It also depends on who's in charge then as well if we have somebody with experience and a good scouting knowledge who can come up with another Vardy or Lambert (Ricki) on the cheap.

I don't do Twitter but my daughter said there is a story on there that Lambert met with the Indians last week. Can anybody substantiate this?

@lordy_rovers @Northern_Rover have it in good authority mate that Venkys met with Lambert in Germany two weeks ago and is preferred choice

David Moyes? Is everyone here sniffing glue? Has everyone forgotten what we are now? Imagine his wage demands!!!

Failing to succeed an absolute one-off at United and in a foreign country does not suddenly put him at our level.

Would be delighted with Lambert. Or Sherwood for the bantz.

~~~~~~~

• Backroom

Always liked Lambert after we played Norwich one year in the calling cup, I was sat in the jack walker and someone shouted to him that someone in a wheelchair had their view blocked by him, he apologised and moved.

On that basis he is sure to succeed

Please take a step back and have a little chuckle at yourself.

Talk of Lambert was dreamland this time yesterday.

Anywho. I'd like to say thanks and farewell to Gary Bowyer. He should have stayed in the caretaker/coach role (although his bank manager will no doubt beg to differ) then he stated 12 months too long. He could and should have been a good long term asset to BRFC.

It's a shame that he started to take on the fans a little towards the end. Perhaps he got a little too used to the blazer. I sincerely hope he pops up somewhere as a coach or even as a manager in League One. I wish him every success.

Our next appointment is absolutely vital. I hope we've sold the sleeping giant model to Moyes. But I would certainly take a no nonsense Sherwood and the feelgood factor he would bring.

Trash...

What has Lambert done to convince you?

He has the worst win ratio at Villa and cant set a team up to defend? He's also got the charisma and personality of a pet dog.His signings are incredibly suspect too.

Other than that good post.

If it is Lambert he will have my backing.

• Backroom

Trash...

He has the worst win ratio at Villa and cant set a team up to defend? He's also got the charisma and personality of a pet dog.His signings are incredibly suspect too.

Pet dogs are great. Lambert in.

With Venky's, that could be entirely possible.

Tactically Sherwood was a mess at Villa, not convinced his man management is as good as claimed either - it all seems to be based on his brief rehabilitation of Adebayor.

Sherwood is still very much a novice, and I feel like we need experience now more than ever. We've needed it since Allardyce left. It's time to go for the safe option.

Of course we need experience, but when you consider that this is Venky's we're talking about, he'd be a godsend compared to some of the names I could imagine.

Gary karsla most likely too.

Better not bring that alleged bully culverhouse though.

wouldn't surprise me if Lambert brought in a German coach aswell.

Lambert was talking on talksport the other week saying he has been watching/spending with Bayern Munich training and Dortmund last season and this.

Plus he is friends with Liverpool manager Klopp

P.S Lambert is 1/10 with Sky Bet now

wouldn't surprise me if Lambert brought in a German coach aswell.

Lambert was talking on talksport the other week saying he has been watching/spending with Bayern Munich training and Dortmund last season and this.

Plus he is friends with Liverpool manager Klopp

Let's hope he takes advantage for a good loan or 2 then!!

Trash...

Not the first and won't be the last to fail at Villa. Promoted with Norwich from League one to the Prem. Good jobs at Wycombe and Colchester. All appointments are a gamble but taking a manager who has at least done the things in the past you want him to do now lessens that gamble.

If you pick a Sherwood or a Tugay then you are just taking a massive leap of faith.

Football management recruitment is a strange thing though. No other profession would do it this way.

• Backroom

Of course we need experience, but when you consider that this is Venky's we're talking about, he'd be a godsend compared to some of the names I could imagine.

Possibly, but with Sherwood being so outspoken how long would it realistically last?

My main issue would be, as aforementioned, another club legend having a black mark put against their names by working under these clowns. At least if Lambert, Pearson, Moyes or whoever else comes in and bombs I won't have any real emotional attachment when/if they resign or are sacked.

Archived