BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

I can't yet work out whether this new owner at Leeds is another loony like Cellino or whether he knows what he's doing and is being quite savvy about his business.

Sacking Monk and appointing this guy looks like the sort of thing Cellino would have done, but on the other hand he's been putting a lot of staff in behind the scenes and looks to be trying to build a structure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I can't yet work out whether this new owner at Leeds is another loony like Cellino or whether he knows what he's doing and is being quite savvy about his business.

Sacking Monk and appointing this guy looks like the sort of thing Cellino would have done, but on the other hand he's been putting a lot of staff in behind the scenes and looks to be trying to build a structure.

Firstly Monk walked away for his own reasons.

The Leeds new owner has brought in experience football. He has brought in Ivan Bravo, Angus Kinnear. Plus I think he is after major re developing the training ground

Leeds' population now stands at 774k and is the third highest in England. Despite it being SEVEN times the size of Blackburn, their largest ever attendance is still some 5k behind the Rovers.

Out of interest we are 17th in the all time highest attendances for English clubs, one place above Liverpool, several above Burnley and light years above Preston.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Leeds new owner has brought in experience football. He has brought in Ivan Bravo, Angus Kinnear. Plus I think he is after major re developing the training ground

Toughie they don't even own the training ground at thorp arch

monk walked away as in February all he got offered was another 1 yr rolling contract which he didn't like.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

'His own reasons' makes it sound as though he had personal issues, He's just moved a few miles up the road to a smaller albeit better run club. He did a good job at Leeds last season and I'm sure in an ideal world he'd love to have been the man who got them back up but clearly felt the way the club was going wasn't for him. That might be due to financial factors, his relationship with the owner or the new structure he's been putting in place. Whichever it was it could have been avoided by their new owner if he'd have been desperate for Monk to stay. Instead he allowed him to walk out after their best season in years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

If Sunderland have cash to splash then it's worth a look. They probably don't, though, so unless they're offering him huge wages that would be one to avoid like the plague.

41 minutes ago, DE. said:

If Sunderland have cash to splash then it's worth a look. They probably don't, though, so unless they're offering him huge wages that would be one to avoid like the plague.

Ya, he has a nice structured project going at PNE. Sunderland might offer short -term success, but it is a place where managers go to die at times 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

When will the 'sleeping giant' that is PNE ever raise from its slumber <_<

Now, apparently. 

It's all planned, including Grayson making way for one of the masterminds behind it, Moyes. 

I fear it will end in tears, but hoping for the best, particularly with Hemmings committed to investing massively in the club's infrastructure. He obviously came round to the fact that he doesn't have enough time left to burn through his massive fortune, and so thought...'feck it, let's do this'.

Watch this space.

• Moderation Lead

I thought Moyes might do alright after United, but I think if he fails again, he's finished as a manager.

His head seemed to have gone last season as well....in a big way.

Agreed Frosty. Moyes is too much of a gamble.

This is a job for one man and one man only. A man who is local. A man who knows the north west well, knows the championship well and knows how to gain promotion from that division. Unlucky in his last job at a basket case of a club, the man has experience and knows how to play the transfer market.

It's time to get the band back together, step forward, not just Coyle, but Shaw and Agnew as well. The Preston Dream Team.

10 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

This is a job for one man and one man only. A man who is local. A man who knows the north west well, knows the championship well and knows how to gain promotion from that division. Unlucky in his last job at a basket case of a club, the man has experience and knows how to play the transfer market.

It's time to get the band back together, step forward, not just Coyle, but Shaw and Agnew as well. The Preston Dream Team.

I could think of another candidate. Not quite as outstanding a candidate as the outstanding candidate but a nice man. Bit of a thinker.

Actually, scratch that, I wouldn't want to see his mug anywhere near English football ever again. Not even to share the pain.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I could think of another candidate. Not quite as outstanding a candidate as the outstanding candidate but a nice man. Bit of a thinker.

Actually, scratch that, I wouldn't want to see his mug anywhere near English football ever again. Not even to share the pain.

Agreed, I honestly wouldn't wish that arsehole on anyone.

37 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

This is a local club, there's nothing for you here!

Judging from the Sunderland AFC Facebook post about his appointment, the Sunderland fans don't appear to be too keen on Grayson. 

Many, don't even know who he is. One comment complaining that they've got a manger from a lower league, not sure it's dawned on them where they will actually be playing this season. 

A few seem to think they re off into league one! 

I think he'll do ok there but I'm not sure if he'll get them straight back up. See how much money they give him.

Moyes in my view remains a very good manager. If this is true I think it is a cracking move for PNE.

Grayson has done a very good job and a decent platform is in place. North End just need some proper dough chucking at them and a proven operator to lead the way.

Decent bloke Moyes. Gritty. Like him a lot. Sunderland should have gone down five years on the spin, following Ferguson a tad tricky, working abroad subjective for a dour Scot. Poor career moves rather than poor manager.

Hemmings and his wad. Been talked about for years.

Archived