BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really obvious we don't have a clear idea of how to play. Painful really. Feel a bit bad for southgate as he has had no time to prepare. That said I'd be astonished if he was ever a success. Just not the right sort of character.

Ferguson, Mourinho, Pep, Wenger etc. Are all types who know clearly what they want from the team. Southgate, like Coyle, Kean etc just are not like that. They are supporters not leaders.

there is the potential for england to be a decent entertaining football team if eric dier never plays in midfield again and far, far better full backs than rose and walker emerge.

why when playing a sporting backwater like Slovenia are we so worried that the manager basically plays a centre half in Dier in Midfield, nullifying any breaks for ourselves and never passing forward basically killing the match as a spectacle.

• Moderation Lead

I must admit, I find the exact opposite with Spurs, I find them great to watch! Also, I'd say that the full backs and Dier were the only players to emerge from the Euros with any sort of credit! Funny old game, eh?

there is the potential for england to be a decent entertaining football team if eric dier never plays in midfield again and far, far better full backs than rose and walker emerge.

why when playing a sporting backwater like Slovenia are we so worried that the manager basically plays a centre half in Dier in Midfield, nullifying any breaks for ourselves and never passing forward basically killing the match as a spectacle.

Disagree no end there.. Dier for me is one of the few good players in the England shirt atm.. He is however a holding midfielder and should be played/thought of as such.. yet his shooting isn't to bad and was one of our only half decent players in the Euros.

To me Southgate tried to stamp his authority on the England side but one up front with two wing backs playing to far back due to a three man attacking midfield was a poor disjointed lineup... looks a weird off balance 4.1.1.3.1 Which does not work anywhere.

Dier is poor, he's one of those players where people say 'you don't actually see what he does of the ball' (like our fans used to do with Jason Lowe). If they are a good'un you can see that they are a good'un, if you 'can't see how good they are', they aren't a good'un.

We used to produce the likes of Gazza, Ince & Robson. Now we rely on Jordan Henderson.

From Shearer & Owen > Sturridge

From Sol Campbell & Ferdinand > Cahill & Jagielka

Rose isn't fit to lace Le Saux's boots.

It's as simple as that really. This is the worst generation of England players for god knows how long.

10 years ago: Robinson, G Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, A Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Owen, Rooney.

With players such as Campbell, Carragher etc as backup who'd be first name on the team sheet nowadays. Paul Scholes too, shame we wasted a top player, sticking him out on the left :blink: won't have a player as technically gifted as him for the foreseeable future.

Yes the 'Golden Generation' weren't as good as what the media had us believe, hence their lack of doing anything really meaningful in a tournament, but compared to know they're in a different league.

• 1 month later...

So, do we want England to win or lose tonight? ;)

In other news, we must be the only nation that takes pride in showing the emptiest part of the ground on TV. Why not just move the cameras? :rolleyes:

Why on earth isn't Vardy taking the pen?

Archived