BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slovenia? yes Slovenia? a tiny country with 2m people?

Money has ruined our game, money keeps ruining our game, 200k a week v 2k a week and where was the passion, skill and determination? In the Slovenia side....

Embarrassing, the national sides a disgrace, the FA are corrupt, the old managerial brigade are corrupt and the fans are the ones that suffer.

Jail a few of these crooked @#/?s and lets get back to basics, because the current model doesn't work

England to win 3 nil

Still waiting!

England are poor, Slovenia should have won. Hart MoM says it all. If you have a manager / coach that can set up to compete against so called better teams, then brilliant and better still if you get better chances. All I can say is Owen, have you been watching?

We were lucky to get a draw. Defending reckless at times, bereft of ideas up front. Walcott was a shining light before his injuries, now nowhere good enough. Made to look what we are, average at best. Wenger for the job, knows English football inside out. Will not happen. Oh, and Rooney. Should be his last game I'm afraid.

To be honest I'm not totally against that approach. Big club players have the advantage of playing in the Champions League and of also training with the very top foreign players. So they become more familiar with the playing style of foreign teams and also (something who's significance is really undervalued in my opinion) become familiar with foreign refs and how they influence the game.

Our most successful era of the modern age, under Eriksson, was the ultimate big club squad.

Bobby Robson our best recent manager although not that recent anymore!

Poor performances all round apart from Hart.

Players arent as good as we all think.

Thank god we cant forget about international football and get back to the proper football starting at 3pm on Saturday at Ewood Park

Rovers players aren't as good as you think either chaddy - but that's another story !

Dreadful from England again last night. I wonder whether Southgate still has the brown paper bag from that Pizza Hut advert. Something tells me he'll need it again.

Southgate made probably the biggest decision of any England manager over the past 20yrs by dropping Rooney, and for that reason alone he deserves respect. He's picked up the pieces left by that greedy **** Allardyce and is trying to do a job he's nowhere near qualified to do.

The sides a shambles, the FA are a shambles and English football is a shambles due to far to many overpaid average players and corruption.

The game and FA needs an overall and until we get that we'll win nothing.

Operation 'Sweep it under the carpet' is in full swing, I just hope the press don't allow it to happen.

• Moderation Lead

Southgate made probably the biggest decision of any England manager over the past 20yrs by dropping Rooney, and for that reason alone he deserves respect. He's picked up the pieces left by that greedy **** Allardyce and is trying to do a job he's nowhere near qualified to do.

The sides a shambles, the FA are a shambles and English football is a shambles due to far to many overpaid average players and corruption.

The game and FA needs an overall and until we get that we'll win nothing.

Operation 'Sweep it under the carpet' is in full swing, I just hope the press don't allow it to happen.

They will, they've got Allardyce out of the job and got another yes man in his place.

There is no appetite within the game to investigate corruption while so many people are getting rich imo, sad but true.

This whole thing about dropping Rooney has made me laugh, whilst he hasn't been in the best form recently, he actually played fine on Saturday and indeed last night when he came on. Southgate dropped him to try and be the man, but he just scapegoated him, quite strange really.

We used to produce the likes of Gazza, Ince & Robson. Now we rely on Jordan Henderson.

From Shearer & Owen > Sturridge

From Sol Campbell & Ferdinand > Cahill & Jagielka

Rose isn't fit to lace Le Saux's boots.

The 'Golden Generation' were over-rated but they were footballing gods compared to the pampered 'academy' boys poncing around today. I think we were a bit spoilt in the 90's, 3 very good tournament teams overseen by Robson, Venables and Hoddle.

Of course the Prem doesn't help, full of Carlos-Kickaball's, which is hardly conducive to getting the best English players playing week-in-week-out in our top division. But then again, in a world where Gareth Southgate is in charge of the future of English football (and now the present), we shouldn't really complain about johnny foreigner.

We're just shyte.

I think more and more people are/have lost in the international scene in general. The FA is stuck in a time warp and relies on the old boys network far too much for major decision making. They are far too safe with their appointments and whilst the Allardyce situation (with his dodgy reputation prior to getting the job) might strengthen their rationale the likes of Southgate is a much better fit for the profile they want. In honesty though any manager would struggle as there just isn't the quality out there to challenge the top footballing nations.

Archived