BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Saturday 19Th November

Paul

We survived in the end but the last ten minutes were the usual 'hanging on'

Against the grain but I thought Feeney had by far his best game in a Rovers shirt and Lowe had a decent first half.

Their keeper made a couple of good saves to prevent a comfortable win, even so we need to improve game management during the latter stages of games.

I thought there were less the eight thousand on.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no nails left after another 15 minutes hanging on for dear life. Talk about squeaky bum time.

Mulgrew is a class footballer.

Feeney had his best game yet for us. Goes down his touchline, takes on players and his crosses are something we haven't seen at Ewood for quite a while.

Lowe is far better in midfield than at full back.

All in all I'm grateful for 3 points considering the team. Let's have 3 more from the Geordies.

Smallest crowd in the league today, Barnsley and Preston beat us by a couple of thousand.

Venky's Out !

But in reality beat us by about 5000. there were never 10526 in there in a month of Sundays-8000 if youre lucky

1. Coyle isn't the problem - given the money he wasn't given - we are actually playing some very good football at times - intermingled with some absolutely awful defending. But given the fact we current have two midfield players playing at centre half - we did well today.

2. Our captain had a good game today I thought

3. Given the injury situation the team virtually picked itself. Choices like Lowe in centre mid and Feeney starting actually paid off.

4. Our current position really isn't Coyle's fault - not saying it would have been any better if he had been given a far crack of the whip in the transfer market - but the issue is with the owners not their choice of manager (and to be clear he wouldnt be my choice).

Agree on your final point about the minutes silence.

IMO Lowe played overall quite well today.

What about Marshall ? a favourite player of mine but today found Brentford players as often as he did Rovers players (some absolutely awful chips forward straight to their players).

You have it spot on there DMTP. I agree with all your points.

And people waffling on about poor substitutions.....Graham and Evans both got knocks and came off injured. With what we had available on the bench who did they want to come on????

Be a lot more helpful if the people making the comments actually went to the game.

You have it spot on there DMTP. I agree with all your points.

And people waffling on about poor substitutions.....Graham and Evans both got knocks and came off injured. With what we had available on the bench who did they want to come on????

Be a lot more helpful if the people making the comments actually went to the game.

I expected Stokes on for Graham. But it was good to see young Nyambe get some minutes under his belt.

13/10 was a poor price. You could have got 17/10 with the likes of BetVictor and Bet365 up to kick-off and 7/4 had been available at various times with a number of bookies over the last 24 hours.Had a strong gut feel about today's match and as Haydock was kind to me yesterday, I had a nice little bet - winnings more than enough to cover a couple of bottles of Tignanello tonight. As for a screen shot, do me a favour - will matter not one iota whether my 'assertions' are doubted when I savour the sophisticated Tuscan wine.

Cat? Dog? Bull.

Your strike rate on Rovers games is pathetically poor.

I just hope you know your financial limits ;-)

great result,3 welcome points,marking at the back was bound to be erratic wth 2 midfielders as cb.i think mulgrew just let the goalscorer run away from him for the 2nd.but brown was on the bench,wtf is that about.

ps what a great catch by stokes

First half was terrific entertainment with both sides struggling to defend on a very difficult surface. Second half was rather more grim but, nonetheless, an important three points which were badly needed. With Barnsley and Burton now beginning to struggle all may not yet be lost. Good to see Nyambe getting on and Graham looked more like the player we had last season. On a shocking afternoon weather wise it was good to leave Ewood happy with a good result.

Very good win by Rovers.

Graham look back to his best yesterday. Work rate were there like his performance last season.

We defended very poor for their 2 goals. But after we got to 3-2 we grind out the win. We could have scored 4th but for me we keeping deeper and deeper and that allowed them more possesion but I guess we stop Hogan from running in behind alot. But it was very nervous second half for the fans and maybe the players were aswell

I was impressed by Rovers players blocking shots and putting their bodies on the line.

Feeney had a good game but was shattered for last 10 mins.

Conway should have sent off yesterday so we got lucky with that. He was booked for diving in the 1st half. But second half he did committed two yellow card fouls but the ref didnt booked him tho.

Pleased that Nyambe came on and did well. Hopefully we seen more players coming through like Hardcastle and Tomlinson.

Byrne looked out of favour when Evans had to come off and Marshall went into centre mid.

Graham and Evans were shattered so thats why both came off. But Coyle should have took Conway off after 60 mins cos he looked a sending off waiting to happen.

• Backroom

Also thought Conway was lucky, he pulled a man back but luckily they had a good advantage so ref played on then he made another couple of daft challenges

Lowe had a good first half yesterday by his standards. The myth that he is better at full back than midfield should now be nailed as being untrue. He is poor in both positions and has proved an absolute liability in defence!

It is vital if we are to stay up that Graham stays fit. I would have given Stokes some game time yesterday. I suspect he could be important in the last half of the season as Emnes likely won't be here and Graham always looks fragile to me. It is imperative that Brown gets some game time too.

Coyle's ability as a manager comes sharply into focus for me with our second half performances. Good managers spot weaknesses in the opposition and deliver a plan to the players at half time. They formulate ideas regarding potential subs and they look to capitalise on this insight by upping the team performance. Coyle hadn't demonstrated that ability once this season. We always come out for the second half worse than we went in. His subs are ill thought out and baffling and we end every game either desperately clinging onto a slim advantage or cluelessly chasing the game. He has zero tactical nous and I would sack him this week and bring someone else in who understands football.

Haven't posted for a bit, great to get a win although to honest whilst watching Blood Brothers in Manchester I forgot we were playing!

Glad to see the protest went well (and it looked like it went VERY well based on the photograph in the red card to bus thread)

venkys out

He has zero tactical nous and I would sack him this week and bring someone else in who understands football.

Very,very sadly Venkys do not possess the same rational mentality as the vast majority of Rovers fans...Coyle is doing exactly as instructed by his pay master's and is a 'very nice man' to boot in their empty heads.

Result didn't concern me as the weather over in York was lovely !

Nice weekend away, plenty of scran and shopping, walking and enjoying myself rather than down at Ewood watching that bloody clown trying to play manager.

Sad thing about it is that I didn't MISS it one bit !

Got to 3:25 and genuine we were doing the Christmas markets when I thought who and what's score against....

Ex season ticket holder until coyle gone, Venkys gone and Cheston.

Enjoy the sub 6k crowds, team I supported evaporated under Venkys and this cartel

Its bloody terrible when on a monday morning a game thread has only nine pages and most of the posts are non related to the game,ive never been so disappointed in following the rovers as i am now.Blue and White runs in my viens,but venkys have destroyed a once great club.On saturday afternoon there were 5 rovers fans in a bar 7k miles from home and one still thinks venkys are putting money into the club,god help him.

Result didn't concern me as the weather over in York was lovely !

Nice weekend away, plenty of scran and shopping, walking and enjoying myself rather than down at Ewood watching that bloody clown trying to play manager.

Sad thing about it is that I didn't MISS it one bit !

Wa-hey, shout out for York.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thing is, we're all missing it or we wouldn't be here looking for the slightest chance that we might get rid of the corrupt regime that runs our club, their associates and hangers-on, and get a decent club back with a manager who has at least a clue and players who, however poor, give their all for the club and its fans. The day will come. I just hope it's before we actually do stop caring and missing the buzz of being at Ewood supporting Rovers

Archived