BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

If you still find enjoyment thats fine. Thats not the issue though. Presumably you still get mad or down and want to kick the cat or whatever if we lose. The other guy said he didnt. He said win lose or draw was all the same to him. Thats what i took issue with.

I did say I moaned and groaned after defeats or poor performances. You seen my posts on here and how angry I got in them about Coyle. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you still find enjoyment thats fine. Thats not the issue though. Presumably you still get mad or down and want to kick the cat or whatever if we lose. The other guy said he didnt. He said win lose or draw was all the same to him. Thats what i took issue with.

I think you misinterpreted what i meant or you are choosing to twist my words. I never want rovers to lose or draw but when there do its no big deal to me i will not allow things which are beyond my control to upset me. I'm a very placid easy going type of person its in my nature i do not get angry there's no need to.

2 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

Why Rovers then?

It's a long story matey. Short version follows - Basically my dad liked rovers i used to go on with him but i started working weekends & stopped no other reason now i don't work weekends i can go back on. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did say I moaned and groaned after defeats or poor performances. You seen my posts on here and how angry I got in them about Coyle. 

Precisely, chaddy. I know that however much you sometimes annoy me and I you, we both care deeply about Rovers. It hurts when we lose. Blue bandit appears to sit there totally unconcerned if what he says is true, and that's what I find hard to believe or accept. If it doesn't give you great pleasure when we win, or hurt when we lose then I don't get the point of it.

Precisely, chaddy. I know that however much you sometimes annoy me and I you, we both care deeply about Rovers. It hurts when we lose. Blue bandit appears to sit there totally unconcerned if what he says is true, and that's what I find hard to believe or accept. If it doesn't give you great pleasure when we win, or hurt when we lose then I don't get the point of it.

I'm too long in the tooth for that kind of caper pal why get yourself down & have a s**t weekend if things go s**tshaped. Life too short. Yes i enjoy it when there win but won't get depressed if there don't. Might be a age thing as you get older you mellow out look at life differently.

Just now, Bluebandit said:

I'm too long in the tooth for that kind of caper pal why get yourself down & have a s**t weekend if things go s**tshaped. Life too short. Yes i enjoy it when there win but won't get depressed if there don't. Might be a age thing as you get older you mellow out look at life differently.

I'm 63!

Different fans are their way they are. Simple as. 

Just accept that and move on

19 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

We don't usually refer to young gumboots as "pal" either. ;)

Just now, gumboots said:

I'm 63!

Old enough to know better then you whippersnapper only joking. I'm done with thread now we never going to agree. Just watch the blood pressure. Its going to be a better season next season i can sense it. Get rid of shirkers ect get some hungry players in hopefully TM will stay.

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There are plenty of Ewood attendees like Bluebandit, just watch the match, leave and not think much about it till the next game.

Good on them I went to my second game of the year at Villa, painful was probably the most appropriate word to describe watching 90 minutes of Rovers these days.

We were dire that day thank god Villa appeared to be worse. You have to admire the fact people go and it pacifies them, still it gets you out the mrs shopping trips!

Just now, gumboots said:

I am the missus and I don't do shopping on Saturday afternoon! Nightmare time to shop. 

I was only being suggestive Gummy!

Most Saturdays I've spent watching Wigan Football/Rugby, City Breaks away, Tried golfing, indoor skiing in Manchester where I'm based and as such never short of things to try and do!

Anyways Have a good weekend all!

1 hour ago, Bluebandit said:

Old enough to know better then you whippersnapper only joking. I'm done with thread now we never going to agree. Just watch the blood pressure. Its going to be a better season next season i can sense it. Get rid of shirkers ect get some hungry players in hopefully TM will stay.

'Its going to be a better season next season i can sense it'

Okey dokey!

Everything is turning to shyte btw,surely you can't be that mellow not to have noticed eh fella?

• Glenn unpinned this topic

So the vote even on here is 59-128 getting a season ticket- not saying they are getting a season ticket.

Frankly I would advise not getting a season ticket early simply to force the hand of the club/owners, particularly given the news in Pune.

Remember those 18,000+ ST sales when we were in the Premier League? 

If we go bust and cant fulfil our fixtures would we get a refund on our season ticket!!

just a thought

Until I know a little more about the Tax situation I will hold back from buying a season ticket.

Just now, 1963 said:

If we go bust and cant fulfil our fixtures would we get a refund on our season ticket!!

just a thought

Until I know a little more about the Tax situation I will hold back from buying a season ticket.

No, if the club goes bust there's no cash left to pay refunds or anyone else. If you buy with a credit card you are insured.

Just now, 1963 said:

just a thought

The administrators would come in and you would be a creditor to BRFC. As a going concern they might offer you 1p to the pound (£2.99 refund on your season ticket) then it's up to you to accept or hold out. If you hold out and the club declares bankruptcy you'll get nothing.

Anyone who takes on the club from the administrator would I expect want these creditors sorted first. The new owners might take pity on you and offer you a free season ticket as a valued repeat customer. Or they may need every penny they can get.

Payments over £100 on credit card are usually insured.

I've just hidden 24 posts in this threads despite a gentle reminder part way through. It's only the second time I've had to resort to that since my return, so I'm not a happy bunny.

I'd like to apologise to anyone that wasted their time trawling through all that and to anyone's whose valid posts that got hoovered up as collateral damage. PMs and the ignore buttons are great, use them, for the rest of our benefit:P

20 hours ago, scotchrover said:

I think I'll be getting one. I was boycotting, but I've missing going on a Saturday, regardless of how bad it was. 

Let's hope there's somebody's there! :(

Archived