BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Lowe started for Big Club against Norwich today.

Big Club conceded on 6 mins.

Lowe subbed on 78 mins.

Big Club lose.

Big Club outside the relegation zone on goal difference.

Would love it, absolutely love it, if Lowe took Big Club down and 'Arry with him.

J's big moments...

IMG_6934.JPG

They've been ripping J-Lo on the big club forums as well. Looks like they're a bunch of 'know nowts with a sheep mentality' too. Or maybe.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

They've been ripping J-Lo on the big club forums as well. Looks like they're a bunch of 'know nowts with a sheep mentality' too. Or maybe.....

One bluenose quote on Twitter had me laughing my tits off, 'he needs to pass it forward a bit.'

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

I get the Lowe talk,

When we signed Smallwood most of us thought he was the next Lowe just as Keith Andrews before hand.

The reality is Smallwood is a cracking player. Potentially best defensive minded midfielder since our PL days. Let's not bring this thread to such a Lowe Standard

Edited by bboy
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Smallwood is miles better than Lowe all day long, he tackle, goes forward and score goals. good goal today something Lowe couldn't do. 

him and Evans are a good partnership

The number of times you pulled me up about Lowe. Amazing how you see the light as soon as they stop wearing the shirt.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Could you see Lowe scoring a goal like the opener yesterday ? He' d get a nose bleed going so far up the pitch.

Exactly. 

Smallwood is looking a very good signing at the minute. And to think certain people when he signed moaned like hell without even seeing him play

8 hours ago, Champs2017/18 said:

Lowe had great potential but lost his way. Really never learned anything and progressed. Look at chalobah now, a fair comparison with Lowe, but is constantly improving.

Lowe never had good potential and only made it to pro level by sucking up to his coaches (Kinder), absolute fraud of a player.

25 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Lowe never had good potential and only made it to pro level by sucking up to his coaches (Kinder), absolute fraud of a player.

Err, I think Jason was well established in the first team (2013) when kinder came to manage the academy.

Plus, I don't think many of you have spotted the irony that we are talking about a player in a higher league? It's also ONE GAME.. you'd have to be pretty obsessed with the lad to be searching out comments and quotes so early on. He's moved on, maybe a few of you should?

I always rated Jason as a versatile defensive player, either in front of the back four or as a full back. I'm made up for us signing Smallwood who seems much more adventurous but it's early days and a much lower level.

Jason would've probably been more likely to reach his potential if he hadn't been involved in some of the worst performing, organised and assembled Rovers teams for years. He was probably pushed ahead of his station like Adam Henley, Jake Kean et al, but I felt he had the necessary energy, work rate and mentality to be  a good player. Good luck to him.

20 minutes ago, Biz said:

Err, I think Jason was well established in the first team (2013) when kinder came to manage the academy.

Plus, I don't think many of you have spotted the irony that we are talking about a player in a higher league? It's also ONE GAME.. you'd have to be pretty obsessed with the lad to be searching out comments and quotes so early on. He's moved on, maybe a few of you should?

I always rated Jason as a versatile defensive player, either in front of the back four or as a full back. I'm made up for us signing Smallwood who seems much more adventurous but it's early days and a much lower level.

Jason would've probably been more likely to reach his potential if he hadn't been involved in some of the worst performing, organised and assembled Rovers teams for years. He was probably pushed ahead of his station like Adam Henley, Jake Kean et al, but I felt he had the necessary energy, work rate and mentality to be  a good player. Good luck to him.

Kinder has been at Rovers twice... not sure if he was a coach when Lowe was a kid but there must be some reason why he had a picture of Lowe in his office.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

It is indeed sickeningly ironic. We are now playing in a lower league thanks to Lowe because Coyle played our football through him. He defined our style under Bowyer and then Coyle. When he was out injured we actually played attacking football.

Just look at how we are playing now in terms of style of play. Yes, we are in L1 but we would not have been playing like this if Lowe had still had another year on his contract and still been in our first team. Nobody wanted to take him off our hands while he was here and we didn't want to renew his contract. He only got a new club because he was without one.

He is not a Championship quality player. It is another symptom of how broken football is that he gets a gig there. A good agent? A pay cut? And another manager seduced by the size of his... engine? I think so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I expect you get lost more often that Lowe does on the pitch.

Not really, I just don't need to go any further on this topic, it's very much like the Rhodes one; impossible to get any objectivity.

Hijacking what should be a very positive "King of Ewood" thread on the back of JLs debut just about sums that up.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LDRover said:

Whilst I'm not a particular fan of 'arry's if he substituted Lowe on his debut he presumably wasn't happy with his contribution on the day and I wouldnt have thought it would take him long to suss out he's crap. I cant see him persevering with him season after season like various managers did here.

More importantly, as everyone else has said Smallwood looks a far better player.

Not sure about that bloomin' song for him though although there was a little kid about 5 years old behind me singing the whole thing with tremendous gusto throughout yesterday which I thought was wonderful.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It just goes to show that it really is best to see a player in a Rovers shirt before running them into the ground. 

Get off the high horse and give it a rest, I said Smallwood was a solid signing when we bought him but I wouldn't blame people for being skeptical or overly negative, those quotes you went back and quoted were from posters in the middle of June, who were more than likely still majorly annoyed we'd been relegated and had managed to reach a new low under the Venkys. Football fans are fickle and when we are proven wrong we'll admit it, we don't need you digging stuff out to make yourself feel better Chaddy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Lowe had all those things you mention. Unfortunately when it came to footballing ability he didn't have any.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lowe had all those things you mention. Unfortunately when it came to footballing ability he didn't have any.

I thought he had all the physical attributes and athleticism needed to become a ferocious or even merely a half way effective midfielder but the energy work rate and mentality were exactly what he did lack.

Anyhow enough about him. The "King" is dead. Long live the King.

30 minutes ago, Butty said:

Get off the high horse and give it a rest, I said Smallwood was a solid signing when we bought him but I wouldn't blame people for being skeptical or overly negative, those quotes you went back and quoted were from posters in the middle of June, who were more than likely still majorly annoyed we'd been relegated and had managed to reach a new low under the Venkys. Football fans are fickle and when we are proven wrong we'll admit it, we don't need you digging stuff out to make yourself feel better Chaddy. 

If fans state their opinion and are wrong, they are open to scrutiny. If you don't like that, don't post on a message board Buttmaster 3000.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel