BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to still be surprised or shocked at such results. Be totally honest with yourselves and ask... Can you ever see this club experiencing any success whilst Venkys own the club? Even at league one standard?... "No" is the answer. After 7 years of this we should expect nothing but failure, dissapointment and regression. This club will never be promoted whilst they're here, no matter which manager signs what player, it will not make a jot difference, no matter how much you want to believe it will turn around, it won't, the evidence of the past 7 years is plain to see. They've taken our team, our heritage, our fan base and lastly our hope and @#/? on it. Debating tactics is like debating which suit to wear for dinner on the titanic. It's a one way ride to oblivion and unfortunately as I've always said, things will have to get worse to get better. Thing's will improve but only when these feckers have gone so in the meantime, make them feel as unwelcome as possible. 

Just before someone reminds me about this being about today's game, I watched it. I felt next to nothing as the goals went in, Peter Whittingham is the new Murphy (me and my best mate said this before the season kicked off), it looked like a team no different than any other team since they arrived, void of ideas creativity and belief. A competitive league 2 team at best, which is what they'll need soon.

Venkys Out.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

next game I would go for this formation and team

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan(if fit) Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Evans

Chapman             Dack          Gladwin

Samuel

Leave it out. Those clever formations will earn you F all. 

Did we play that last week? Did Donny play that today? 

Mowbray is a limited manager, copying the Chelsea's & Man City's. He needs to stop trying to be clever & appreciate that this league isn't about super-duper tactics, it's about getting the best out of your players abilities. 

I recognise the irony in commenting due to my team's shambles of a performance this afternoon. However I couldn't let that idea slide. We all lose. No team goes unbeaten, and often we/you will look awful when it happens. 

Accept what you are... A big team in League One, who on their day WILL flatten most teams in this league, IF the team is utilised to their best potential

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why would Mowbray play two upfront away from home last week and then 1 upfront at home this week? I'm doubting if he knows what he is doing 

A team as big as you's, in this division, playing 1 up front, AT HOME, is @#/? diabolical IMO

Just now, Shrimper said:

Mowbray is a limited manager, copying the Chelsea's & Man City's. He needs to stop trying to be clever & appreciate that this league isn't about super-duper tactics, it's about getting the best out of your players abilities. 

I recognise the irony in commenting due to my team's shambles of a performance this afternoon. However I couldn't let that idea slide. We all lose. No team goes unbeaten, and often we/you will look awful when it happens. 

Accept what you are... A big team in League One, who on their day WILL flatten most teams in this league, IF the team is utilised to their best potential

Spot on

48 minutes ago, cn174 said:

But we will have more individual errors - we are League 1 team - ours players aren't that good. 

Mate, you're the biggest fish in the League One pond. The arguement of your players aren't that good, don't wash. 

You've got players that the rest of this league would dream of having. 

It may be rude and uncalled for, as ive not seen the game, or even read much about it, but :

WTF IS WITH THIS BACK 3?

THIS IS NOT A TIME TO BE SMART AND CLEVER.

THIS IS THE THIRD DIVISION. WE DON'T NEED PEP TACTICS, COS NOBODY PLAYS LIKE THAT DOWN HERE.

PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS AND IF THERE AREN'T ANY, IT'S TIME TO GIVE UP THE JOB.

NOW IS THE TIME TO BE REALISTIC, NOT FUTURISTIC.

football has a way of making even the most studious look like morons, and I'll be happy to save a screenshot for humiliation come May.

I like Mowbray, but he's gambling. Hope he wakes up before it's too late (For him and Rovers).

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm starting to think Mowbray doesn't know what he is doing. Bad times 

He does, in the championship.

In league one, no matter how much he believes it, we won't be able to play around teams.

4-4-2, 2 banks of 4 out of possession, graft, grit, hard work and our quality would do the rest. 

Also, some of you might be interested to know, that our back-up left-back, Hendrie,  has been roundly criticised by our travelling support today. Seems you were on to something when you said he was @#/? 

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He does, in the championship.

In league one, no matter how much he believes it, we won't be able to play around teams.

4-4-2, 2 banks of 4 out of possession, graft, grit, hard work and our quality would do the rest. 

This, in a nutshell, is how to excel in this league 

• Moderation Lead

I still can't honestly believe how terrible Danny Graham is compared to when we signed him on loan in the first instance.

I don't think it's all his fault like, the service was non-existent at times...

1 minute ago, tugayislegend said:

Start with samuels and antonsson next game, that will give graham a kick up the back side!

Obviously didn't see the game, so hard for me to comment on Graham, although I will say, if you're not creating chances, then even the best strikers will look like flops. 

Believe me, most teams in this league, would love Graham. He's played & succeeded at this level before. When the team plays to his strength 

2 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

Obviously didn't see the game, so hard for me to comment on Graham, although I will say, if you're not creating chances, then even the best strikers will look like flops. 

Believe me, most teams in this league, would love Graham. He's played & succeeded at this level before. When the team plays to his strength 

Again spot on. Barely remember Graham touching the ball, let along having any shots on goal in 180 minutes. Stranded alone up front. Grim.

58 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Totally agree with all of this.  A brilliant post.  Mowbray is simply overcomplicating the game at this level and the players look as confused as the supporters.  Pace and power are key in this League and we seem to have neither at the moment.  The pretty passing game is getting us nowhere and seems all about having possession just for the sake of it.  Above all we need to find a modern day equivalent of John McNamee.

This is a great worry considering he has already been recruiting to suit this style of play to the tune of about 10 players and there are still three weeks of the window left.

If he doesn't learn some quick lessons then he may be signing off our relegation battle early. But the only alternative is to replace him with someone who knows the division.

Personally I think he will persist with his style until it sees us in a position he cannot get out of, and then he will probably walk. He is not cut out for this level IMHO. He is too much of a purist.

A decent board would probably have kept him on after the end of last season and given him a ten game target before thinking about a contract extension. I can understand why they did it - in the interests of stability - but it blow means that they have a bigger pay off.

Personally I would be making enquiries already about a replacement. Mowbray has three more games.

22 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

You worked chaddy out quickly Shrimper, fair play to you.

7 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

Graham just isn't working hard enough for the team. When he was on loan under Lambert he worked like a Trojan invariably as a lone striker. He would be absolutely knackered by full time. So far this season he just looks disinterested and strolls through the game.

6 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Again spot on. Barely remember Graham touching the ball, let along having any shots on goal in 180 minutes. Stranded alone up front. Grim.

If you don't set up to suit Grahams strengths, then don't play him.

simple!

What a shambles at ewood today as I watched the Rovers I could not figure out what game plan Mowbray was trying to get the players to follow he is over complicating things when a simple 442 with energy determination and pace will gives us the required results we are not Chelsea or Man City and our players never will be,  

Archived