BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

12 minutes ago, JAL said:

Whittingham with Smallwood in the middle is this Rovers best midfield combination ?

I'm still not totally convinced by Whittingham, he is slowly getting better but nowhere near what I would expect for his wages. I don't think Evans would be any better though.

I was massively impressed  by Harper tonight, looks a real talent with quick feet and reads the game well. Shame that Tomlinson has been out as him and Smallwood could potentially be the best partnership.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OJRovers said:

I'm still not totally convinced by Whittingham, he is slowly getting better but nowhere near what I would expect for his wages. I don't think Evans would be any better though.

I was massively impressed  by Harper tonight, looks a real talent with quick feet and reads the game well. Shame that Tomlinson has been out as him and Smallwood could potentially be the best partnership.

How long was Harper on for tonight ?

8 minutes ago, AAK said:

It goes - "We're on our way, we're on our way,  to the championship we're on our way, how we get there i don't know, how we get there I  don't care, all I know is Rovers on their way"

OK, well just "loud" then. I'm half deaf anyway. :D

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Attendance: 5,302 (2,217 Blackburn)

I assume they've counted season ticket holders who didn't bother attending. The stand where that photo was taken from was completely empty. The surely can't be a thousand more Blackpool "Oystonite scabs" (a quote) than Rovers fans.

Great result, indifferent performance but once again we score four away from home. I genuinely think we can score in every game but there will be games when it's only one. A few clean sheets in the next few games should see us challenging Shrewsbury and hopefully Wigan.

The work rate of the team was really high tonight and we seem to have a greater intensity away from home. Still lots to work on though to get a consistent performance for ninety minutes.

Wonder if it might be a good time to make more changes than normal for the FA Cup game this weekend? Bit of respite from the usual misery so if the fringe players have a bad outing a lot of the heat will be on them. Maybe its a bit of doubt too waiting for the usual kick in the teeth.

There’s goals all over this team, which has come somewhat as a surprise. Also worth noting that 4 points from our games in hand is a decent return. Hard to believe that a month ago when we kicked off against Wigan we were looking at probably being 15 points behind them, now it’s 5.

Need a new RB in Jan. Mick Heaton must be turning in his grave.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

A B'pool player fell too. They both went down together. Nyambe might have been fouled? Who knows...

For a strong looking young man I've never witnessed him win a competitive dual header and ive worked with him many a time.

33 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Thanks for that blueboy :tu:

We actually look like a decent side, good build up, nice interplay and determination, great away win.

Just a word on the owners, ****s, much like our lot, sooner they're all banished to a life of obscurity the better.

Just got back from the game, was only my 2nd time seeing us play live following the Bury away game.

Thought we played some good stuff and barring a few decent saves from their keeper could have had a couple more. We once again had at least 3 occasions where we just totally switched off, two of which they scored from (first looked a combination of Nyambe losing his man/Smallwood or Downing not tracking the runner, the second we just seemed to stand off and not really bother to try and put a challenge in until they were in the box shooting and scoring).

I've given Nyambe the benefit of the doubt before but tonight I think he was exposed by Delfounso and their full back on numerous occasions, the first coming directly from the kick off. At one point in the first half he was running around like a headless chicken, although at times he was left outnumbered when Blackpool broke. He settled a bit in the second half, but overall seemed to have a shaky game despite also putting in a few decent challenges and making a couple of important blocks.

I'm not really sure what Whittingham brings to the team? Undoubtedly he's got the skill, it just doesn't seem like he's applying himself that well during games. Nearly every time he got the ball tonight it seemed as though he slowed us down and made the move lose any momentum. He loves a good sideways pass too. As a few posters have noted he looks a little like he thinks he's too good to play in this league, but instead of following Mulgrew's example and knuckling down he's just letting everything pass him by. Thought in his brief cameo Harper looked a lot better and could be pushing him for a start in the next game.

That aside we really can't complain too much with 12 from 12 and seemingly scoring freely. Hopefully the form can continue and Wigan/Shrewsbury drop some more points to make it interesting going in to the Christmas fixtures.

3 minutes ago, schoey said:

Just got back from the game, was only my 2nd time seeing us play live following the Bury away game.

Thought we played some good stuff and barring a few decent saves from their keeper could have had a couple more. We once again had at least 3 occasions where we just totally switched off, two of which they scored from (first looked a combination of Nyambe losing his man/Smallwood or Downing not tracking the runner, the second we just seemed to stand off and not really bother to try and put a challenge in until they were in the box shooting and scoring).

I've given Nyambe the benefit of the doubt before but tonight I think he was exposed by Delfounso and their full back on numerous occasions, the first coming directly from the kick off. At one point in the first half he was running around like a headless chicken, although at times he was left outnumbered when Blackpool broke. He settled a bit in the second half, but overall seemed to have a shaky game despite also putting in a few decent challenges and making a couple of important blocks.

I'm not really sure what Whittingham brings to the team? Undoubtedly he's got the skill, it just doesn't seem like he's applying himself that well during games. Nearly every time he got the ball tonight it seemed as though he slowed us down and made the move lose any momentum. He loves a good sideways pass too. As a few posters have noted he looks a little like he thinks he's too good to play in this league, but instead of following Mulgrew's example and knuckling down he's just letting everything pass him by. Thought in his brief cameo Harper looked a lot better and could be pushing him for a start in the next game.

That aside we really can't complain too much with 12 from 12 and seemingly scoring freely. Hopefully the form can continue and Wigan/Shrewsbury drop some more points to make it interesting going in to the Christmas fixtures.

Exposed by Delfuenso?!!! Is that even possible? If true then JAL is right, NYAMBE OUT!

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Exposed by Delfuenso?!!! Is that even possible? If true then JAL is right, NYAMBE OUT!

To be fair on the occasions it happened it tended to be Delfounso and their full back/winger outnumbering him and him looking a little lost as to whether to press the ball or stay with his man (not sure if Delfounso was up front...they didn't have the screen working to show the teams and phone signal was shocking so couldn't check who was playing for them). As I say he did make a few critical blocks/interceptions though, but wouldn't have been surprised if Caddis had come on for the second half. He stuck to his job though and didn't let his head go down too much, probably could have done with Bennett and Downing being a little more supportive with him.

Archived