SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Rule No 1 when discussing Rovers with chaddy: never criticise the club. 

Rule No 2 see above.

I admit defeat. 

The shame is a large group of people who wanted to go to Monday's match, will not now be able to go.

Because the club had shut up shop today. Tomorrow is too late.

Poor. 

That’s poor. Anyone can go by buying tickets on Saturday or on the day. Trains are running, people have cars.

If your large group really want to go they will still be there. 

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, meadows said:

Who’s the « large group » he wants to take? Polyphonic Spree? Band Aid?

The first team squad, Jim is actually Tony Mowbray and had to get in touch with someone at the club to arrange a replacement coach after Jason Brown drove off in the usual one.

So that’s it, game forfeited, 3 point deduction, advantage Shrewsbury!

20 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Without a doubt,the Bean counters would probably offer them the Riverside if they could.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$

Darwen End holds 7,000, Riverside 5,000.

When did any English club last take 12,000 away fans to an ordinary game?

20 hours ago, Paul said:

That’s poor. Anyone can go by buying tickets on Saturday or on the day. Trains are running, people have cars.

If your large group really want to go they will still be there. 

Special needs people, requiring co-ordination with both clubs. It was a last-minute decision, hence the need to speak to someone quickly.  

13 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

We had 29,000 v Huddersfield on reduced prices on Easter Monday 2001.

We are now pulling in 11,500 on disgraceful Cat A pricing plus £2 surcharge on match day.

You look at those attendances and it hits home hard the huge damage those Pune Pillocks have inflicted upon our supporter base.

Sickening. :angry:

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Special needs people, requiring co-ordination with both clubs. It was a last-minute decision, hence the need to speak to someone quickly.  

Yes. As someone who has to organise tickets in that situation for every away game we attend I can understand that. 

Should this come up in the future my experience, based on my son’s needs, is the ticket office are very good at resolving such issues. Ideally I need two seats near the front on an aisle. By calling the TO the sales people will actually go through the physical tickets to find the best possible seats. We always end up with suitable seats.

Obviously every individual in this situation is different but my experience is the TO are generally able to handle these requests. A large group would take more organising.

We have to put in this request for every away game as with everyone standing it’s impossible for my son to see the game.

Again it depends on group size but I’ve found stewards are usually helpful and allow people to move if more suitable, empty seats are available. 

9 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

You look at those attendances and it hits home hard the huge damage those Pune Pillocks have inflicted upon our supporter base.

Sickening. :angry:

That stat is a little bit disingenuous, in that season we did have gates as low as 16,000, but the club did all they could to boost them in the run in.

You make Oxford £5 and there won’t be 29,000 on, but a hell of a lot more than 11,500.

Shame we won’t see it.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

That stat is a little bit disingenuous, in that season we did have gates as low as 16,000, but the club did all they could to boost them in the run in.

You make Oxford £5 and there won’t be 29,000 on, but a hell of a lot more than 11,500.

Shame we won’t see it.

I still don't reallly see why we should do a fiver game for a crucial match on the run in. Anyone who has the Club's interests at heart will want to be there regardless of price for a make or break fixture on the run In. If the importance of the situation doesn't inspire anyone to come down I doubt tbey'll flock down in large numbers simply because the price has been reduced.

Should we be lucky enough to clinch automatic promotion with room to spare and we are faced with a meaningless dead rubber my view for that game would be completely different. Let everyone in for next to nothing for a celebration.

Yes people should come, but they’re not, so no point us all basking in our own superior fan status surrounded by empty seats. 

Huddersfield in April ‘01 added 10,000 to the gate, so obviously cheap tickets did get folk to ‘flock down’.

Get the place filled!

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I still don't reallly see why we should do a fiver game for a crucial match on the run in. Anyone who has the Club's interests at heart will want to be there regardless of price for a make or break fixture on the run In. If the importance of the situation doesn't inspire anyone to come down I doubt tbey'll flock down in large numbers simply because the price has been reduced.

Should we be lucky enough to clinch automatic promotion with room to spare and we are faced with a meaningless dead rubber my view for that game would be completely different. Let everyone in for next to nothing for a celebration.

There has been lots of talk from the manager and players about the atmosphere and how it helps them. Surely a full(er) Ewood would give us the edge. A lot of the fans who have stopped going are only going to be tempted back by one thing and getting them in will be the hard thing. Hopefully once they are there they will enjoy it and consider going again.

And the club has nothing to lose by doing it and everything to gain.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Shame we won’t see it.

There is also a tendency to selectively include away fans. 13443 was the attendance on Thursday! The Huddersfield game way back when was a division higher , with cheaper tickets and we were champions of England 5 years earlier.

it can’t compare.

.. strictly speaking non of our games this season should even be cat b let alone a. A couple of decent relatively recent home crowds :

wolves after kean was sacked.

crystal palace , last home game of our first season in championship.

i think at the moment 15/16000 is about our limit depending on price and or opposition. Oxford on offer may attract the same crowd as Man U at full price but away fans particular in United’s case take us over 23000.

i honestly believe if the ground had been increased after promotion in 2001 we would have seen something approaching a 35000 crowd for certain fixtures.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

There has been lots of talk from the manager and players about the atmosphere and how it helps them. Surely a full(er) Ewood would give us the edge. A lot of the fans who have stopped going are only going to be tempted back by one thing and getting them in will be the hard thing. Hopefully once they are there they will enjoy it and consider going again.

And the club has nothing to lose by doing it and everything to gain.

Spot on. If bolton can reduce prices to £5 for an important game last season and pull in 24,000 why can’t we?!

I can’t help but think there might be another reason why we aren’t offering any cheap deals - police advice? Anything for an easy ride. Particularly when the head of security is an ex police inspector! I may be well off the mark but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

Different owners then and all this filthy water was still to flow under the bridge. 8000 of us will go back when the owners leave. £5 or £25

So thats the 30,000 that turned up for the Liverpool game under these owners plus another 8000 that will only come back when they've gone. We're going to need a new ground if we ever get back in the Prem.

Archived