BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

That just stupid. It's quite simple, as with your car insurance, you pay a month in advance, if you don't pay one month you get a week or two to sort it out, if not your ticket gets cancelled and you can't get in - simples! I bet there's loads who are getting knocked back if that's the case. ST sales will be 10-15% down on what they expect at this rate.

I've paid for mine & my daughter's up front (primarily due to credit issues in the past) and I've still not received anything, as has my Dad who paid his up front too.

Bought mine up front online and got no confirmation at all. I gave it a week and called the ticket office (making online process a bit pointless if I had to call anyway) just to make sure it had gone through. It had. Still no season tickets though.

Piss up and brewery spring to mind. I expect they will blame the turnstile machine operator.

And all to stop adults using child tickets - something that has happened for years on an ad hoc lending basis - presumably because some adults decided to go the whole hog and ruin it for everyone. OR there was no major issue in the first place and the club have just gone tight.

Looking after the fans seems to be a low priority at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bought mine up front online and got no confirmation at all. I gave it a week and called the ticket office (making online process a bit pointless if I had to call anyway) just to make sure it had gone through. It had. Still no season tickets though.

Piss up and brewery spring to mind. I expect they will blame the turnstile machine operator.

And all to stop adults using child tickets - something that has happened for years on an ad hoc lending basis - presumably because some adults decided to go the whole hog and ruin it for everyone. OR there was no major issue in the first place and the club have just gone tight.

Looking after the fans seems to be a low priority at the moment.

It just seems everything has to be left until the last minute. No need for it.

New shirts - left until as late as possible when pre-season is underway, away shirt still not out and won't be until next week just a couple of days before kick off at Ipswich.

New sponsor - last minute

Season ticket info out later than most clubs.

Season tickets still not sent out in the post with 2 weeks until the season starts at home.

New digital ad boards still haven't appeared only 2 weeks until the season starts at home.

Amateurish and little wonder we lag behind on revenues and income. Easy option is to blame crowds and catchment areas but I expect more effort.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds a very odd issue to me. 

Rovers must now be aware that they are losing signed up season ticket holders due to a policy of a third party?

Steve Waggott explained in the past Zebra would agree to everyone and then if they stopped paying it was down to rovers to do the chasing and make a decision on what to do.

A proper credit check seems fair enough and the same as getting a mobile phone etc 

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

New shirts - left until as late as possible when pre-season is underway, away shirt still not out and won't be until next week just a couple of days before kick off at Ipswich.

Season tickets still not sent out in the post with 2 weeks until the season starts at home.

New digital ad boards still haven't appeared only 2 weeks until the season starts at home.

Amateurish and little wonder we lag behind on revenues and income. Easy option is to blame crowds and catchment areas but I expect more effort.

Did I read they were getting contactless card readers at the tills where you buy pies and drinks . Last night it was still cash only

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Steve Waggott explained in the past Zebra would agree to everyone and then if they stopped paying it was down to rovers to do the chasing and make a decision on what to do.

A proper credit check seems fair enough and the same as getting a mobile phone etc 

That risk will have been taken off Rovers balance sheet as part of the current “cost optimisation” drive.

Getting everything done last minute and on the cheap must surely be purely and simply to maximise our margins. Having our shirt as pale as possible - to the point of it being washed out and making the logo as dark as possible smacks of an deliberate agreement with the sponsor. I know there are questions about amateurism but I think it’s intentional and the reason being “needs must”.

Which is why rumours Mowbray that has turned down money from the owners doesn’t fit with the current poverty line approach. Waggott hasn’t been here long enough for it to be spite.

Any chance to capitalise on the feel good of last season and get fans on board has been chucked away in favour of across the board price increases and cost cuts.

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That risk will have been taken off Rovers balance sheet as part of the current “cost optimisation” drive.

Getting everything done last minute and on the cheap must surely be purely and simply to maximise our margins. Having our shirt as pale as possible - to the point of it being washed out and making the logo as dark as possible smacks of an deliberate agreement with the sponsor. I know there are questions about amateurism but I think it’s intentional and the reason being “needs must”.

Which is why rumours Mowbray that has turned down money from the owners doesn’t fit with the current poverty line approach. Waggott hasn’t been here long enough for it to be spite.

Any chance to capitalise on the feel good of last season and get fans on board has been chucked away in favour of across the board price increases and cost cuts.

I think we've two things running side by side and this has been the way of it since the boardroom cull and Cheston stepping up, perhaps even before that.

On one side we have the club business - headed by Waggott, previously Cheston - who to a limited extent manages the operation on a day to day basis and is judged on his ability to balance the books. He'll head up payroll and daily expenditure on things like the maintenance and bills and he has to try and squeeze out as much as possible from sponsorship etc.

On the other side we have the first team operation headed by Mowbray and his transfer fund is dealt with separately and is directly authorised by the owners in India.

If the club was being left to wash its own face then we wouldn't even be able to stump up the £500k or whatever for Davenport and Rothwell. That cash must at least be approved by the owners as extra spending above and beyond the daily requirements.

Completely agree that the black sponsor badge probably put an extra few quid on the deal. Not sure on the blue on the shirts. I expect that Umbro just lazily come up with something using colours from elsewhere and we just take whatever they give us. I'd almost be impressed if such thought had gone into the colour scheme but I think it is just laziness and taking whatever Umbro come up with. Wouldn't surprise me if our kits and Man City's kits were made in the same factory and it was cheaper for us to use the same colour as them rather than a different one.

I've actually no major gripe with the sky blue, provided it is only done once every 10 years. But the dark blue socks and numbers and black sponsor wreck it.

It seems that Waggott's primary duty here is to squeeze the pennies out. Fair enough as we need to do that but you've to be careful as to how much of that is centred on the existing supporters who already have had their patience and wallets tested heavily these last few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Did I read they were getting contactless card readers at the tills where you buy pies and drinks . Last night it was still cash only

That's coming soon but whether for the first home game of the season i'm not sure.

We have been told at the Fans Forum that new ST cards will be out before the first home game, but not much before.

14 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That's coming soon but whether for the first home game of the season i'm not sure.

We have been told at the Fans Forum that new ST cards will be out before the first home game, but not much before.

Well, it’s to be bloody hoped so!

15 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Rovers have said they are coming to fans this next week and so

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Bizarre post is that. 

Shirts out before the summer holidays. Ive wear my shirt down in Kent with Pride. 

What does it matter when the season tickets info came out. Most people know if they renewing regarding of price if a Season Ticket Holder

Rovers have already stated they will be with fans this coming week or start of week after. whats the rush for? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bizarre post is that. 

Shirts out before the summer holidays. Ive wear my shirt down in Kent with Pride. 

What does it matter when the season tickets info came out. Most people know if they renewing regarding of price if a Season Ticket Holder

Rovers have already stated they will be with fans this coming week or start of week after. whats the rush for? 

:lol: (from start to finish)

A Rovers official could take a dump in your garden and you’d be out planting rose seeds.

• Like 5

No it doesn’t REALLY matter, but despite Waggott’s apparent professionalism, it is a sign that the club is still anything but an efficient organisation under these owners.

Yes the shirt is out now, but the away one isn’t out yet and we’ll be kicking off our season in it in a week (though we don’t need to with that light blue), what other club takes this long?

It’s not about existing ST holders renewing, but trying to entice new/returning ones.

Details should have been on the doorstep and/or emailed to every single database member a day or 2 after Doncaster, or at least the day after Oxford.

Try and catch the wave of optimism, just good marketing

• Like 2

21 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Zebra would appear to be really strict. I've had no problem sorting my Direct Debit via Premium Credit for the last few years. But Zebra have turned me down. They've also turned down four other people I know. That's at least five of us who will not be at Ewood next season!!! 

They turned me down as well which realky naffed me off if only because I'd had it through Premium Credit various times before and never missed a payment etc.

Luckily I managed to scrape the money together to pay up front but losing fans through the policies of the Finance Company is the last thing we need as absolutely no advance warning was given that the acceptance criteria would be a lot more stringent than previously etc.

It's also fairly poor that We're sweating on the new season ticket cards wondering if they'll be here in time before the first home game. How difficult can it be to get them out a bit earlier?

• Like 1

The shirts where out later than expected this year because the original sponsor pulled out. The shirt release images in the tunnel at Ewood are photoshopped, which is why lots of people are saying the logo doesn't look quite as bad in the flesh. The commercial team actually did very well to find a replacement sponsor so quick.

The club doesn’t reside in the most affluent of areas, so we will have a good number of fans who won’t have particularly good credit ratings. This could turn into a fairly big issue for the club.

Definitely needs to be raised at the next Fans Forum...

Edited by Mattyblue

Looking at the online Seat Booker for the Millwall game and I really don't think we have sold that many more ( if anymore) Season Tickets for the coming season .Vast swaths of seating available in even the 'popular stands' such as BBE and Riverside

Sorry Mr Waggot you've really missed an opportunity here.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2