Sign in to follow this  
S8 & Blue

Other Football League 2018/19

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Bassini is back! https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9405906/bolton-high-court-laurence-bassini-football-ventures/amp/

Meanwhile Villa get 56 million from sellin villa park to there owners to avoid ffp.

The name of the prospective Bolton owners, Football Ventures arouses my suspicions straight away. Is it the first sign of venture capitalism in football?

Bassini seems like the proverbial bad penny. He keeps turning up!

Ironically, his continued “muddying of the waters” could stop Bolton fielding a team in just under five weeks’ time.

Has he actually got any money?

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Bassini seems like the proverbial bad penny. He keeps turning up!

Ironically, his continued “muddying of the waters” could stop Bolton fielding a team in just under five weeks’ time.

Has he actually got any money?

I doubt he has money of his own, he’s like that kid who pretended to be an agent by posing with flash cars etc and people just started buying it or the guy that fan the Fyre Festival scam 

No deal confirmed yet at Bolton meaning season tickets etc aren’t announced never mind on sale 

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

No deal confirmed yet at Bolton meaning season tickets etc aren’t announced never mind on sale 

And still only 7 players. How on earth are they going to start the season? Despite the rivalry, I genuinely feel for their fans.

If and when this takeover goes through, you imagine they’ll be cobbling together a squad of frees and academy players quickly.

On minus 12 (minimum) points, it’s going to be another horrendous season, you imagine. Especially if they start slowly.

It'd certainly be an opportunity to get a bunch of our u23s some Championship game time...

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If and when this takeover goes through, you imagine they’ll be cobbling together a squad of frees and academy players quickly.

On minus 12 (minimum) points, it’s going to be another horrendous season, you imagine. Especially if they start slowly.

It really should be more than minus 12 given they failed to play a game. Bit hard given they're already down and out but to not do could set a very dangerous precident. 

When Lowe is one of your best players you are pretty stuffed. 

How the League can't have decided on a punishment yet is beyond me. Fixtures long since announced and season fast approaching, long since the crime was committed.

I half wonder if the League are hoping everyone forgets about it. 

Let's remember that they broke the rules twice. Firstly by not playing the game when it should have been played, calling it off at short notice to Brentfords detriment, and secondly by failing to rearrange the fixture when directed to do so by the League. 

Two separate offences should be two sanctions but expect they'll try and cobble it into one and let Bolton off lightly as they have throughout.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

It'd certainly be an opportunity to get a bunch of our u23s some Championship game time...

Not unless they get promoted 

Just now, Tom said:

Not unless they get promoted 

...dammit!

Coral expect Bury to finish bottom of league 1 and Bolton next to bottom.

Also they have Salford City as league 2 champions 😶

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Also they have Salford City as league 2 champions 😶

I fancy Bradford with Gaz at the helm.  Adam Henley is there too...so maybe not...😏

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I fancy Bradford with Gaz at the helm.  Adam Henley is there too...so maybe not...😏

But Salford have the Sky interest in more the one area.

Warren Joyce, once linked with Rovers, has been appointed as Salford City's development squad coach; Salford appoint Joyce.

3 years ago he was performing a similar role at Man U. He tried his hand at management. Failed, and now ends up at a League 2 team. Although said team is flush with cash.

I also found it interesting that Chris Casper (Frank's lad for those older posters) is Salford's sporting director. Another member of the "class of 92" involved at the club.

5 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Warren Joyce, once linked with Rovers, has been appointed as Salford City's development squad coach; Salford appoint Joyce.

3 years ago he was performing a similar role at Man U. He tried his hand at management. Failed, and now ends up at a League 2 team. Although said team is flush with cash.

I also found it interesting that Chris Casper (Frank's lad for those older posters) is Salford's sporting director. Another member of the "class of 92" involved at the club.

Dont find much wrong with that - its the Sky love in and media attention that bugs the hell out of me.

Jack Payne gone to Lincoln on a free

John O Sullivan gone to Morecambe

Devante Cole To Motherwell on loan

How do they even start the season at this rate?

Anthony Stokes was mentioned in the Bolton News as being linked thought things were bad enough already

14 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Anthony Stokes was mentioned in the Bolton News as being linked thought things were bad enough already

Apparently the potential signing of Stokes cooled off after a protest in the BWFC hotel lobby from a group of supporters with a shared interest other the BWFC 

8280932-3x2-940x627.jpg