BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

why would be happy with Hughton? 

I think he would be awful choice thinking of his last 2 years at Brighton where he bought rubbish and played negative football

When you say Hughton plays negative/boring football, what brand do you think Mowbrays is? Hardly scintillating is it.

It's just a load of slow, mundane passing until either Lenihan lumps it out of play or until Bennett plays a horrible overhit cross.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

When you say Hughton plays negative/boring football, what brand do you think Mowbrays is? Hardly scintillating is it.

It's just a load of slow, mundane passing until either Lenihan lumps it out of play or until Bennett plays a horrible overhit cross.

Did you think the 1st 15 mins of our play yesterday was negative? 

I watched Brighton alot last season and it was very negative. Hughton isnt the same manager without his long tern number 2 Colin Calderwood next to him

I watched Brighton alot last season and it was very negative. Hughton isnt the same manager without his long tern number 2 Colin Calderwood next to him

Games last longer than 15 minutes Chaddy.

What about the 75 minutes after that?

Hughton has previous recent promotions at this level, whether he is good enough for the top flight is another debate entirely, but he would be more than good enough for us, and probably a step up from Mowbray.

• Like 1

Did we have a shot in that first 15 minutes, or more pertinently did Sluga have anything to do?

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Games last longer than 15 minutes Chaddy.

What about the 75 minutes after that?

Hughton has previous recent promotions at this level, whether he is good enough for the top flight is another debate entirely, but he would be more than good enough for us, and probably a step up from Mowbray.

Did you not see my post after the game about the game and we didnt well enough. 

Probably a step up from Mowbray? :rolleyes: i remember when a few fans on here were touting Paul Hurst to take over from Mowbray in league 1 after 10 games..look where Hurst is working now

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Did we have a shot in that first 15 minutes, or more pertinently did Sluga have anything to do?

Wasnt you at the game which you were so you can answer that question for yourself? 

Probably a step up from Mowbray? :rolleyes: i remember when a few fans on here were touting Paul Hurst to take over from Mowbray in league 1 after 10 games..look where Hurst is working now

Difference being Hughton has won promotions at this level, kept teams in the premier league, and has probably had a better managerial career than Mowbray. Hurst has done nothing.

• Like 3

Wasnt you at the game which you were so you can answer that question for yourself? 

Yes I was, it was a rhetorical question. Mowbray said post match that it was the best 15 minute performance weve put in all season, which is a huge worry as we didnt come close to scoring.

If theres one thing you cannot use in your reasoning as to why a manager wouldnt be any better than Mowbray, being "boring" is certainly not one! The football is turgid to watch.

• Like 1

And it produced nothing 

• Like 3

Yes I was, it was a rhetorical question. Mowbray said post match that it was the best 15 minute performance weve put in all season, which is a huge worry as we didnt come close to scoring.

If theres one thing you cannot use in your reasoning as to why a manager wouldnt be any better than Mowbray, being "boring" is certainly not one! The football is turgid to watch.

Well no it wasnt huge worry for me. It shows that the typical.of performance we want for 90 mins. 

I said yesterday it was best 15 mins performance all season..

I didnt find yesterday turgid to watch at all. Frustrating yes. You have said you like Hughton to replace Mowbray(not on this site). Clearly didnt see them last season. 

At 60 minutes we had had only one shot on target.

First 15 minutes couldn't have been that good.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

What the hell has Hurst got to do with anything? His managerial record doesn't come close to Hughton.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Not sure myself, the linesman stood on the spot rather than heading back to halfway and put his hand to his ear piece.

From the JW lower I wasn’t sure if a rovers player got a touch or the keeper and I imagine the Lino was asking the same 

Linesmen raise their flags to give offside, not stand still and speak into an earpiece.

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Linesmen raise their flags to give offside, not stand still and speak into an earpiece.

I’m well aware of that but the fact he didn’t move from the line indicated that he wasn’t sure if there was an offside or not, if the ref confirmed Dack wasn’t involved then it wasn’t offside.

Good officiating for me 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

I’m well aware of that but the fact he didn’t move from the line indicated that he wasn’t sure if there was an offside or not, if the ref confirmed Dack wasn’t involved then it wasn’t offside.

Good officiating for me 

Unsure shouldn't equal overruling two qualified officials original decision.

Just now, rossyrover said:

If Mowbray thinks this team is capable of getting into the top six I think he is going to be bitterly disappointed as are the rest of us who have to watch this rubbish.

Yes, but that’s the point, he knows and prefers to keep us rolling around 10th-14th with a nice contract and no dissent from the terraces