Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

Mowbray Poll

Mowbray Poll  

224 members have voted

  1. 1. Mowbray should...

    • Stay
      21
    • Go
      203


Recommended Posts

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Pearson would be decent. Bring in Steve Walsh as Sporting Director and Shakespeare as number 2..

Still like to Damien Johnson given it with Steven Reid as number 2

Wouldnt mind Carlos Carvalhl tbh

And now is the winter of our discontent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

The tide I believe will turn if (when) we lose Saturday.

I don’t think it will.

I think Barnsley is the game.

Equally, if we beat Barnsley people will back Mowbray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Would the 7 STAY voters like another go ?

I’m sure it was 8 when I checked earlier, so someone has seen the light....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frosty said:

I’m sure it was 8 when I checked earlier, so someone has seen the light....!

Probably Chaddy, for today at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grim. 

With the money that has been made available (and spent!), with the quality in the squad, with the academy prospects... this is miserable.

Yes he got us promoted but with our squad and budget that was a par expectation, not an achievement.

Gutted Huddersfield beat us to the Cowley brothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pearson would be decent. Bring in Steve Walsh as Sporting Director and Shakespeare as number 2..

Still like to Damien Johnson given it with Steven Reid as number 2

Wouldnt mind Carlos Carvalhl tbh

Why the random shoehorning of a former Rovers player as Johnsons number 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why the random shoehorning of a former Rovers player as Johnsons number 2?

BECUS WOVERS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a long time since I've seen such a one-sided poll for sacking a manager. Probably going back to the SK days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why the random shoehorning of a former Rovers player as Johnsons number 2?

Favourite players = good managers in Chaddy's pink windmill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Tell me one thing that defines a Chris Hughton team? What's his style? Because just like Mowbray I'd argue he barely has one.

The main reason I advocate for Damien Johnson is he has a clear way of playing football, it looks nice and plays nice and he has an ethos. He'd obviously look to develop our younger talents much more extensively than previous managers too.

I haven't watched much of his teams so cant claim to be an expert on his coaching style but I've always seen his sides as being organised and disciplined and hard to break down. Countless times at Brighton they would win games keeping clean sheets and being hard to beat. 

I'm not altogether interested in perceptions, styles or talk about principles or identity. Give me a McCarthy, Bruce, Allardyce, Warnock or Hughton any day of the week - managers with proven track records who know where to start - the defence - and go from there. Those managers that talk drivel about principles and style and have good reputations for being true to their beliefs tend to go nowhere and end up making up the numbers unless armed with massive budgets or squads miles better than others. 

I don't see what relevance Johnson's record with the u23s has to do with anything nor what style of play he might or.might not have had. Quite a difference doing it with a group of young lads in the reserves to the boiling pot of the Championship.

We all know how.this is going to unfold though. Johnson has the job if he wants it after Mowbray and that is just how Venkys like it. Cheap, easy, internal promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, booth said:

Favourite players = good managers in Chaddy's pink windmill.

To be fair to Chaddy on this one, Reidy has had experience of being an assistant manager at West Brom, albeit only for a short period, Think he’s also been first team coach at Palace under Woy and is now part of the Scotland coaching set-up under Steve Clarke. Not something I’d go for personally, but I still wouldn’t hound Chaddy to much over it. I think if Mowbray was to go Johnson would be favourite to get the job but you never know with the Chicken farmers, every Managerial appointment since they’ve took over has been an unexpected one. I’d love Jokanovic but I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance he’d come here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butty said:

To be fair to Chaddy on this one, Reidy has had experience of being an assistant manager at West Brom, albeit only for a short period, Think he’s also been first team coach at Palace under Woy and is now part of the Scotland coaching set-up under Steve Clarke. Not something I’d go for personally, but I still wouldn’t hound Chaddy to much over it. I think if Mowbray was to go Johnson would be favourite to get the job but you never know with the Chicken farmers, every Managerial appointment since they’ve took over has been an unexpected one. I’d love Jokanovic but I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance he’d come here.

Just seems strange to start pre picking assistant managers. It should be a new manager and the assistant should be at his own discretion. Rarely does a cherry picked assistant, often done to either appease the fans or aid an inexperienced manager pay off. If Reid hadnt played here he wouldnt have got a mention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Just seems strange to start pre picking assistant managers. It should be a new manager and the assistant should be at his own discretion. Rarely does a cherry picked assistant, often done to either appease the fans or aid an inexperienced manager pay off. If Reid hadnt played here he wouldnt have got a mention.

Of course a manager should choose his assistant absolutely, I was just discussing Reid’s credentials rather than saying I’d be on board with him being assistant to Johnson, even more so if it was thrust upon Johnson without him wanting it, that would be very strange. A manager should bring in their own backroom staff, if Mowbray goes and Lowe remains as first team coach after a new manager comes in I’ll be annoyed, he’s been here long enough. If Mowbray is to go, we need a fresh start top to bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why the random shoehorning of a former Rovers player as Johnsons number 2?

Yet again no one is shoe horning anyone in as I said last week to you again. 

Johnson would be my choice. Pearson or Carvalhl would be other options for me. 

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Probably Chaddy, for today at least.

Didnt vote for the reasons I said to JB on Sunday. Plus also all the things about the right structure being in place in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that the main reason for a manager being kept on is that the owners couldn't pick a good replacement speaks volumes for how poor TM is doing. At any other club with even a small degree of confidence in the upper management structures would be calling for TMs head unanimously after another dreadful run of results. 

The problem is our owners are terrible at picking managers with the current much, and rightly, maligned manager being the best of the bunch! That shows how bad they are at it and have 2 utter disasters and a host of failures under their belt too. So I can see why people might be reluctant to change even if TM is a dud, which he clearly is imo. 

The question becomes when are the odds in our favour to risk a Venkys hiring session. Given we can't score, we can't stop leaking goals, we can't win and most damningly of all TM can't get a tune out of some talented players suggests we are sinking towards relegation and the rot cannot be stopped under TM. In this case we have to risk a hiring from Venkys because bad though the odds are, the current odds are much worse. 

I've never really rated TM personally, but I think we're past the point now where there's a way to look at things in a glass half full way. We are sleepwalking towards relegation and our ok start is only hurting us by masking the danger signs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Bowyer perform significantly (or any) worse than Mowbray? Better squad maybe but he also placed them far higher, albeit short of the goal. I can't help but think even if Mowbray had GB's best squad he'd still find a way to mire us in mid-table. Rhodes and Gestede on the wings with Cairney playing a false 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DE. said:

Did Bowyer perform significantly (or any) worse than Mowbray? Better squad maybe but he also placed them far higher, albeit short of the goal. I can't help but think even if Mowbray had GB's best squad he'd still find a way to mire us in mid-table. Rhodes and Gestede on the wings with Cairney playing a false 9. 

The fact that Bowyer had that squad without anywhere near what Mowbray has had to spend in itself shows how well Bowyer did. Mowbray miles behind him in terms of recruitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

The fact that Bowyer had that squad without anywhere near what Mowbray has had to spend in itself shows how well Bowyer did. Mowbray miles behind him in terms of recruitment.

GB, whom I like and remember fondly, inherited a lot of that team. Some of his signings where the worst in our recent history. Chris Brown for example. Rhodes was already at the club and he basically carried us most of the way through his tenure anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

The fact that Bowyer had that squad without anywhere near what Mowbray has had to spend in itself shows how well Bowyer did. Mowbray miles behind him in terms of recruitment.

Agreed. Most of Bowyer's purchases were for less than what we paid for Dack when we were in League 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.