BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Reckon I might get a few more people joining my - “yeah Harry Chapman isn’t actually *that* great” - club after today!

I know I do often talk about him but honestly he was just as weak as Buckley today, no physicality whatsoever and looked nothing special for the time he played.

It's not really fair to judge him on a 15 minute cameo in a frustrating game when he hasn't played first team football for so bloody long, for reasons only TM must know. No he wasn't great at all but certainly not as bad as some on that pitch. He's probably set to be banished back to the u23s now though.

Just now, Ossydave said:

It's not really fair to judge him on a 15 minute cameo in a frustrating game when he hasn't played first team football for so bloody long, for reasons only TM must know. No he wasn't great at all but certainly not as bad as some on that pitch. He's probably set to be banished back to the u23s now though.

I’d like to see him start on Saturday 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
57 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I just wanted to say that after years of people saying the posters on here are negative whatever’s and the associated bad press it so often gets, the reaction to yesterday’s result has been the most measured Iv seen in comparison to other outlets and social media.

Of course we’re all disappointed.

Happy New year everyone!

Seen a load on the Facebook page criticising folk for not being proper supporters.....

Mowbray is very well shielded from above and from within. There really are some that cannot handle any criticism of him whatsoever.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Seen a load on the Facebook page criticising folk for not being proper supporters.....

Mowbray is very well shielded from above and from within. There really are some that cannot handle any criticism of him whatsoever.

I would imagine that a lot of these were critical of the protests about Kean and the owners when the 'get behind the team' phrase was coined. We all know how that ended. If fans want a lower to mid table club then Mowbray is their man. I consider myself a proper supporter and I want the best for my club. Mowbray is probably doing his best but for me it's not enough. Being a good man but average manager cuts no ice with me.

Mowbray gets an easy ride at our club. He appears to have autonomy on most things. When the heat was turned up slightly during and after the Barnsley game he seemed to be wobbling.

• Like 7

If TM went today and a new fella led us to wins over Forest and Preston, the ‘just get behind the manager, who else we gonna get?’ crew would be stating with absolute conviction that it was ‘time for a change’ and ‘Mowbray had taken us as far as he could’.

So take it all with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Just now, Waggy76 said:

I wrote on here the day after Dacks injury that the season was over ....

The 2 performances since , prove to me the players and ,management know it , too...

People on here have suggested Dack be dropped previously too......

Life after Dack, albeit a temporary one is proving to be very tough. Literally not one player on that pitch yesterday looked like popping up with a moment of magic like Dack often could  even when we were playing garbage. It's like the entire team have gone on a massive downer in his absence too, almost as if they've given up because we know he's not there to bail us out. What the answer is I honestly have no idea, especially with no pennies available.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Yeah giving him 15 minutes to try and make a difference when his target man is an oompa loompa isn't really worth while. I'd start him down the right and Arma on the left with DG and BB up top. Leave SG on the bench to replace DG after an hour. 

LINEUP111577696524401.png

Holtby simply couldn't play in a midfield two - he doesn't have the engine or more importantly body anymore.

Still angry with yesterday - expect another 5-7 changes for Forest and more headless chickens ambling around in Rovers colours.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Holtby simply couldn't play in a midfield two - he doesn't have the engine or more importantly body anymore.

Still angry with yesterday - expect another 5-7 changes for Forest and more headless chickens ambling around in Rovers colours.

To some extent I agree but if Evans is out I don't see anybody else capable. Other option would be Bennett. Johnson has been shocking since Bristol City. Return of Smallwood? 

I know he take some stick but I truly believe Evans is crucial to our team.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I agree, he’s well shielded. You have to ask yourself why? (I don’t know the answer btw) but I do know that no one ever breaks ranks on him...I think there were things in and out of his control leading to this weeks results.

But the point I was making was more to do with the ridiculousness I’ve read elsewhere. Anyone would think the world had caved in on some.

We’re 3pts off the playoffs at halfway. Sure, we could’ve done better here or worse there but either way we’d have taken our current position had we been asked in May.

Ive already said that we’ll struggle now. The chances of us getting promotion were diminished as soon as he dropped to the floor against Wigan. The injuries to Tosin and now Nyambe haven’t helped either.

Its a massive test of the manager to see how we do until the end of the season now. Over to you Tony.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Lets be honest we could easily have turned in yesterdays display and result with Dack in the side.  The flaws extend way beyond his absence, after finally getting to grips with what it takes to get a bit of consistency in this tough evenly matched but wide open league we/he has quite simply reverted to type.  And done so in spectacular fashion, 24 changes in 3 or 4 league games is it ?

Come on in any situation or club that's quite ridiculous especially one that wasn't contending with a big list of serious injuries/illnesses or losing every game.  Something tells me he's tried to prove a point again after Bristol that his way works, its backfired....again.

• Like 3

Lots of talk on here about new full backs, goalkeeper, strikers in the January window.......what’s the point? 
Managers are measured on their ability to 

1 Sign players who will better the performance of the club

2 Develop existing players ( Klopp, Rogers, Wilder) 

3 Establish a tactical strategy to run through teams at all levels

4 Play systems which bring the most out of the players signed ( round pegs in round holes )

5 Through body language and press involvement convey positivity and touch line know how ...when meeting players, convince them that this is the club for them .... (Neil at PNE and Patrick Bauer), ( Cowley brothers at Huddersfield)

so........can anybody tell me that by signing a goalkeeper and, or a full back that Rovers will any better in the coming weeks, months and even years with Mowbray  managing ???
The January window is not the answer....the removal of Mowbray is 

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Lets be honest we could easily have turned in yesterdays display and result with Dack in the side.  The flaws extend way beyond his absence, after finally getting to grips with what it takes to get a bit of consistency in this tough evenly matched but wide open league we/he has quite simply reverted to type.  And done so in spectacular fashion, 24 changes in 3 or 4 league games is it ?

Come on in any situation or club that's quite ridiculous especially one that wasn't contending with a big list of serious injuries/illnesses or losing every game.  Something tells me he's tried to prove a point again after Bristol that his way works, its backfired....again.

You’re miles off with this point. During the last 10 days I’d hazard a guess that lots of teams have made 20 changes due to potential fatigue. Add to that injuries to Tosin, Nyambe, Holtby, Williams and Dack and you can leave your conspiracy theory.

I agree that our problems go much further than than Dack. Our £12m strikers come into focus more than ever to replace the goals we’ve lost. Time will tell.

• Backroom

Dack played through most if not all of our 9 losses out of 11 run last season didn't he? Our swing in form back to being shit has nothing to do with Dack being injured, it's just the natural order of things under Tony Mowbray. His injury is just a convenient excuse that can now be used to cover up the real failings which extend far beyond playing level. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I covered that by writing that they are already extremely wealthy. This wealth, combined with an ingrained lack of ambition and fear of performing at a higher level entirely negates the lure of a promotion bonus. It isn't 1983 at Rovers anymore. They are being paid more than they could possibly spend compared to the likes of, for example Baz Rathbone and Terry Gennoe.  Both of whom would have given their right one to have a crack at the top flight by the way.

The hunger simply isn't there. 

I hate to say it but I think you are spot on CS.  Yes, the managers and players will have promotion bonuses written into their contracts, but most of them know that if the team does get promotion they will be shown the door.  So why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?  All they have to do to keep all that lovely money rolling in is to stay clear of the relegation zone.  

We have to be more ambitious.  And the first step to doing that, in my opinion, is to find and appoint a new manager who has something to prove and isn't content with simply collecting his pay cheque at the end of every month.

• Like 5

Just now, tomphil said:

Lets be honest we could easily have turned in yesterdays display and result with Dack in the side.

True, but on the baddest of bad days there was still always that hope Dack could conjure something up. Yesterday I didnt have any confidence in a single player on the pitch doing so. It says it all that the closest we really came was Adarabioyo with the header.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

You’re miles off with this point. During the last 10 days I’d hazard a guess that lots of teams have made 20 changes due to potential fatigue. Add to that injuries to Tosin, Nyambe, Holtby, Williams and Dack and you can leave your conspiracy theory.

I agree that our problems go much further than than Dack. Our £12m strikers come into focus more than ever to replace the goals we’ve lost. Time will tell.

It's no conspiracy theory it happened and we've seen him chop and change all the time before i'm commenting on what we see.

That kind of arrogant response doesn't help matters does it every time someone scratches their head as to why these things happen some gobshite tries to pan it off as an attempt at conspiracy.

All iv'e said is he's reverted to type.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, tomphil said:

That first half against Wigan was as bad as I've seen us play for a long while and that was before Dack was injured. It's a culmination of our poor transfer dealings over the last few years. 

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

Dack played through most if not all of our 9 losses out of 11 run last season didn't he? Our swing in form back to being shit has nothing to do with Dack being injured, it's just the natural order of things under Tony Mowbray. His injury is just a convenient excuse that can now be used to cover up the real failings which extend far beyond playing level. 

No, but they coincided with the loss of Lenihan. What this really tells us is that we don’t have the right quality behind our best players to continue winning. 

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree, he’s well shielded. You have to ask yourself why? (I don’t know the answer btw) but I do know that no one ever breaks ranks on him...I think there were things in and out of his control leading to this weeks results.

But the point I was making was more to do with the ridiculousness I’ve read elsewhere. Anyone would think the world had caved in on some.

We’re 3pts off the playoffs at halfway. Sure, we could’ve done better here or worse there but either way we’d have taken our current position had we been asked in May.

Ive already said that we’ll struggle now. The chances of us getting promotion were diminished as soon as he dropped to the floor against Wigan. The injuries to Tosin and now Nyambe haven’t helped either.

Its a massive test of the manager to see how we do until the end of the season now. Over to you Tony.

The problem is, there needs to be criticism allowed of the manager, he’s not infallible.

If you play players out of position as often as he does, then you put yourself up there to be shot at.

The being close to the playoffs thing is irrelevant to me. Even if we are as close as that, we have a bad habit of fluffing it when we get that close. I obviously hope the players prove me wrong and end up there though!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

No, but they coincided with the loss of Lenihan. What this really tells us is that we don’t have the right quality behind our best players to continue winning. 

If we stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on strikers who don't score goals then maybe we can rectify that problem.