BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was reading the whole thing was to wrap players in cotton wool so they wouldn't get injured. 

If this is true,it's very bad. 

Exactly what I said when he told me.

He's no reason to make it up. He's a liverpool fan, a genuine lad,  & we were just talking football in general. I mentioned the form of AA which was when he told me. I was stunned but it sounds like it's something which has changed recently.

Maybe the thinking was to avoid any contact sessions. Either way, it looks like it was bad planning!

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Exactly what I said when he told me.

He's no reason to make it up. He's a liverpool fan, a genuine lad,  & we were just talking football in general. I mentioned the form of AA which was when he told me. I was stunned but it sounds like it's something which has changed recently.

Maybe the thinking was to avoid any contact sessions. Either way, it looks like it was bad planning!

Ya,you need to be careful with the weights. Easy enough yank something. 

Hopefully he starts today anyway 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Hopefully a bit of a coming of age for Buckley today, he’s looked good in some games and like a lost child in others.

Was hoping to see Brereton start but Samuel earned a crack.

We should have enough to beat them but may be a tight one 

2-1 Rovers 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hope its a narrow 442 with Samuel and Armstrong together. Would have personally gone for Brereton over Samuel but suppose the latter would have felt hard done by, and Buckley is still lightweight and would have gone Chapman there.

Need to win today.

I doubt it's 4-4-2. 

Chapman is lightweight too and has done little to nothing to warrant a starting place. Particularly if the stories about him refusing to play for the under 23s. 

Mowbray doesn't start Buckley, gets stick for not giving youth a chance,particularly one of the brightest prospects.

Mowbray starts Buckley, also bad. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I kind of like this starting line up, I can see some pace in there. But we might still need Graham to come on later on to win it.

I think it's fair to say it is slower than most of our starting lineups have been, so I'm not sure why you say that?

I hear its a pretty full ground (less than the cost of a pint to get in, who'd have thought it). Wot no Mulgrew? Getting his wages off the books could negate the need for the Ewood Waggot tax.

Nice to see Buckley and Samuel starting, as though we are 'only six points off the play-offs (yawns) our season is as good as done. We're mid-table and should be giving 'fringe' players game time.

I think we might get away with a draw. I'll say 2-2.

Edited by Husky

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I doubt it's 4-4-2. 

Chapman is lightweight too and has done little to nothing to warrant a starting place. Particularly if the stories about him refusing to play for the under 23s. 

Mowbray doesn't start Buckley, gets stick for not giving youth a chance,particularly one of the brightest prospects.

Mowbray starts Buckley, also bad. 

Not on here. Most people on this board seem to agree he isn't ready for regular first team football with us largely due to physical shortcomings. Maybe elsewhere, other forums etc, they want to see him knocked off the ball every week.

• Like 2