BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Butterworth, JRC, Buckley, Travis, Nyambe, Brennan, Wharton, Carter, Vale. 

those young lads will be the mainstay of the club over the next few years. 

That reads very much like you don't expect promotion anytime soon?

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

That reads very much like you don't expect promotion anytime soon?

Common sense would dictate you either need the best manager in the league or the best players - or at least somewhere close on both accounts. I don't think we qualify on either count. 

That said, any club that gets on a roll can finish in the Top 6 and then it comes down in part to luck. Never say never!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Terriers lead the chase' 

Defenders aren't coming again

I think this may have something to do with him not being our first choice signing at CB. I presume we have other options so aren’t going all in on Lindsay? I hope that’s what it is anyway 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Leicester signed one a year or so back. 

What's PL interest got to do with being good enough for the Championship. Hopefully you're aware they are different leagues. You also have no idea what interest there is in any of our players, You just stick to pronouncing imminent Administration/Liquidation every summer ?

We sold a player to Leicester?  Sorry, but can't recall - who was it?

As for PL interest, don't recall seeing or hearing about a single offer from a PL club for any of our Academy players - think that's a decent gauge of interest.

At least get your facts right.  If you can find supporting posts (covering say summers of 2017, 2018 and 2019) of me "pronouncing imminent Administration/Liquidation every summer", I'll buy you a pint or whatever your tipple is.  

Edited by Mercer

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As for PL interest, don't recall seeing or hearing about a single offer from a PL club for any of our Academy players - think that's a decent gauge of interest.

At least get your facts right.  If you can find supporting posts (covering say summers of 2017, 2018 and 2019) of me "pronouncing imminent Administration/Liquidation every summer", I'll buy you a pint or whatever your tipple is.  

This lad, I believe

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-wright/profil/spieler/502830 

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/timo-letschert/profil/spieler/231378

Maybe this guy? He has been mentioned earlier.

That was the conversation on twitter. Someone asked the journo if it was Letschert because we've been liked with him before apparently.  Crooke said no because he's gone elsewhere but that it is a CB from Europe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Callum Wright a couple of years ago. Everton were also after him but he went to Leicester for a rumoured £1m. 

If you didn't know about the one we've actually sold you're not going to know about the ones rumoured to be interesting other clubs FFS!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That was the conversation on twitter. Someone asked the journo if it was Letschert because we've been liked with him before apparently.  Crooke said no because he's gone elsewhere but that it is a CB from Europe. 

Yeah, I thought we just were looking at freebies this summer, but looks like we have some kind of budget. So it could be anyone, Kaminski really came out of the blue.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RovingRover said:

If we lose Armstrong or Dack to injury it leaves us relying on Gallagher, Brereton, Vale and Butterworth as our primary goal threats.

It's not like we have midfielders who can chip in with goals. When you play players in their actual positions in midfield it gives us 14 goals total last season. If as I said we lose Dack and Armstrong. We have 8 goals upfront last season.

25 goals. Madness.

My main concern is if we lose Dack and Armstrong. Where do our goals come from?

Holtby chipped in with a few when he played the Dack role last season. Potentially Rothwell best postion and would expect to him to score a few in The Dack role.

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

People sniffing glue on twitter, seem to think BB will get 10-12 goals.

One bloke even seems to believe he has 20+ goals (in a season, not career) in him.

The thing is regardless of opinons we will never know unless he plays him as a centre forward and not a winger or a false 9! 

16 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

For those not on Twitter. There’s exactly 0 rumours linking us to signing Kipre.

I mean... there is. But sure, be like that. The OP literally said "probably nothing but thought I'd mention it".

15 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Some random bloke on twitter says something and people are convincing themselves we have £1.5m to spend on a single player ?

"probably nothing but thought I'd mention it" now equals convincing myself that it's done and we have £1.5m to spend on a player?

Talk about arguing a straw man.

10 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Yeah, I thought we just were looking at freebies this summer, but looks like we have some kind of budget. So it could be anyone, Kaminski really came out of the blue.

Rich Sharpe supposed to be doing a piece on Defenders today, so probably know more then. 

Trust him more than nicko! 

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

"probably nothing but thought I'd mention it" now equals convincing myself that it's done and we have £1.5m to spend on a player?

Talk about arguing a straw man.

You'll note that I wrote "people are convincing themselves" not "JoeH has convinced himself". Actually, perhaps you didn't ?

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Blackburn. Ready to snap up young striker Connor McBride. Leaving Celtic. Scottish youth cap.

Will be a Joe Nuttall-esque signing which I think has been needed. The Under 23's have struggled without Butterworth this year, and the gaps left behind by JRC and Buckley leaving on a permanent basis haven't been plugged. If the 23's are to stay in the PL2D1 they will need a goalscorer, ala Joe Nuttall 2017/18 in that team. 

4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You'll note that I wrote "people are convincing themselves" not "JoeH has convinced himself". Actually, perhaps you didn't ?

Nobody whatsoever convinced themselves. Read through, as I have just done, nobody on this forum said anything along the lines of being convinced it's a done deal, or even something they totally 100% believe. It's an odd blanket statement to aim at everybody considering nobody has said anything to that effect.