Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

I remember discussing the fact their share price had risen 400% since our purchase with someone on this board.
They said it was based on mortgages on the land that Venkys own increasing 15fold in value, meaning they can remortgage for higher amounts etc. They went on to say the Indian banking system is having liquidity issues due to COVID and land value is decreasing so they may be less keen to invest actual cash.

41 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah show me 6 months at the very least.

Edit: Just checked and the share price has actually increased over the last 6 

Edited by unsall
Wrong info

21 minutes ago, philipl said:

The share price was about 200 when they bought Rovers. Now 1300!

Eggs-actly.

44 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Edit: Just checked and the share price has actually increased over the last 6 months. 

Went from high of 1,942 beginning of year to 580 at height of pandemic, recovered to1,052 couple of months ago, to its present around 1,300.

8FBC6059-C5D8-4B28-B727-0D4DA3CD2517.jpeg

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Probably neither. I fully accept both had roles taking them inside the compound but I don't think either were trusted as the eyes and ears of the family.

As for what the Raos did as a result of fans' writings on social media and elsewhere and whether it had any direct influence, I don't know.

But Mrs D in particular was (and probably still is) interested to know.

They did seek (and were obscenely reliant on) advice from others deemed to be expert. However, after the initial three or four years they set great store by their own appraisal of the character and intelligence of the people they were/are interfacing with. In general (not just Rovers) they work with and through people they invest a great deal of trust in. They expect loyalty and don't expect any exposure through loose tongues.

Mrs D is by all accounts a lady of her own opinions. She is also willing to take a long (a really long) term view and I think we are seeing the impact of that at Rovers and, in some ways, it is beginning to really pay off. I am thinking of the Academy in particular.

For big decisions, they seek unanimity between the four of them but they can be quick moving and decisive when they consider it necessary.

How those factors played out are the story of the last ten years of Rovers.

I will repeat my controversial views. Up until the sacking of Coyle they were a catastrophe (being polite) but since then they are the best owners a club like Rovers could realistically possibly have.

So between 2010-2017 club killers, then, six managers later, in early 2017 a sudden Pauline conversion?

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

That’s a very very selective chart.

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Edit: Just checked and the share price has actually increased over the last 6 months. 

Screenshot (5).png

56 minutes ago, philipl said:

The share price was about 200 when they bought Rovers. Now 1300!

according to this it was more than double that

Screenshot (6).png

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot (5).png

So an upward trend. Cheers Chaddy.

Let's just be clear,

Stock market price has no direct correlation to free cash flow a company has to offer a club. A higher stock price is driven by external belief of the company to continue to generate profits over time (ultimately to pay dividends). However that only benefits Venkys if they have a need to raise cashflow from a stock float. 

An annology to this I may own a house that is increasing in value over time but day to day I'm broke with nothing to spend. Sure I could sell the house or remortgage but it's a big decision that is strategic and takes time to exicute

When you float shares it's usually for a big investment decision that your current share holders can get behind. Not to pay Mark Venus European nights out.

Waggott:

“We have reached a precarious point in the club’s history and, right now, every penny counts, as we try to keep moving forward against a backdrop of uncertainty and challenging circumstances.”

Think this thread needs closing as regards incomings - autumn sales are on.

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Waggott:

“We have reached a precarious point in the club’s history and, right now, every penny counts, as we try to keep moving forward against a backdrop of uncertainty and challenging circumstances.”

well at least everyone else will be just as skint as we are,kind of a level playing field

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

So an upward trend. Cheers Chaddy.

Shows a massive downward trend in March when the pandemic hit the world and hasnt gone back to pre pandemic levels. And in recent weeks it going downward

Edited by bluebruce

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shows a massive downward trend in March when the pandemic hit the world and hasnt gone back to pre pandemic levels. And in recent weeks it going downward

Lol Stop being so negative!

Show me a company that didn’t have a sharp drop in March. First global lockdown.

Since then they have recovered during a pandemic. They need to stop pretending Venkys are skint, it’s just insulting to people.

Edited by Stuart

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 08.01.23.png

Edited by tomphil

Bobby Duncan off to Derby on a free as long as Fiorintina get a decent sell on fee. Could be a shrewd move or he could fall the same way as a lot of young players.

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Waggott:

Autumn sales to who ? we are all in the same boat by then the PL will be a busted flush as well

Who was the left back that was planned to come here on Monday? 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Lol Stop being so negative!

Show me a company that didn’t have a sharp drop in March. First global lockdown.

Since then they have recovered during a pandemic. They need to stop pretending Venkys are skint, it’s just insulting to people.

Not often I agree with Chaddy, but since April 2018 it's been in a downtrend, lower highs and lower lows. It has recovered somewhat from the effects of covid, but not to previous levels and certainly nowhere near historic highs

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Who was the left back that was planned to come here on Monday? 

It's Delinho Williamski.

The fabled European scouting network have unearthed him. Exciting times.

Either way, surely the already stupid and idiotic "financial fair play" rules will have to be thrown in the bin? I cannot imagine how it is possible for any club that is not allowed to bring in fans to be generating enough profit to maintain its expenditure without owner support. Not unless you can buy yourself the best lawyers in the business, like City. 

26 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Not often I agree with Chaddy, but since April 2018 it's been in a downtrend, lower highs and lower lows. It has recovered somewhat from the effects of covid, but not to previous levels and certainly nowhere near historic highs

Go back and look at Venkys share price before they bought Rovers.

They owe us not the other way around.

And that’s before we get into what they have done to our club.

Edited by Stuart

10 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Either way, surely the already stupid and idiotic "financial fair play" rules will have to be thrown in the bin? I cannot imagine how it is possible for any club that is not allowed to bring in fans to be generating enough profit to maintain its expenditure without owner support. Not unless you can buy yourself the best lawyers in the business, like City. 

Exactly. The Football League will have bigger issues to deal with than trying to enforce already convoluted rules in the middle of a pandemic where all clubs incomes will have plummeted.