BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Steve Moss said:

As an American I'm proud that my country steals the best ideas of other countries, improves upon them, relabels them and, presto!, makes them American. 

Football is a great idea.  It'll be even better when the cultural appropriation process is complete and the whole world calls it soccer. :)

US women and English public schoolboys play "soccer".

The rest of the world that matters plays football

Just now, Steve Moss said:

Give it a decade or two.  Perception becomes reality.  Eventually everyone will think it an American terms. 

Everybody already thinks it is an American term, they just don't use it

• 2 weeks later...

My little rant, not really much of one and not controversial. Every winter I'd get sick, well, I had an air purifier but it needed a filter and because of that and the noise, we turned it off last fall. But my sinuses were so dry and stuffed up, I got a new filter, started running a humidifier in the bed room. That's really all I've needed to recover, not allergy pills, not a number of vitamins and other supplements though, I still am taking those like vitamin D.

I'm thinking most of my problems were just caused by allergies; etc. Someone told me mold can grow more in the winter when the snow melts, something of that nature.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:46 AM, perthblue02 said:

19b0bq6jhg7h8jpg.jpg

Annoying here that when you mention football, they start talking to you about men in vests playing handbags and chasing an egg

It's been argued before but I've been told that it is still basically called "football" in Australia, I know their federation is the Football Federation Australia.

BTW, I like that Australian Rules Football; great game.

Cross fit gyms around the world, I was told, started some sort of competition today and I went to the gym this morning to watch.  They said it was the first round; and more or less, what the cross fitters did wasn't too hard so I assume it will get more difficult as the rounds advance.

Some of what crossfitters do scares me, some of it, one can do if one is forced to. Climbing a rope, that's pretty hard though there is a way to attempt that makes it not nearly as hard, you have to climb up the rope and use your legs quite a bit. The legs grasp the rope too; it's not easy to explain.

Absolutely gutted to find that DW gym next to the cinema in town is set to close at the end of this month 31st March .

With it comes 11 redundancies and around 1800 members displaced.

On 22/02/2017 at 7:31 PM, Steve Moss said:

As an American I'm proud that my country steals the best ideas of other countries, improves upon them, relabels them and, presto!, makes them American. 

Football is a great idea.  It'll be even better when the cultural appropriation process is complete and the whole world calls it soccer. :)

Yes but it will be in Spanish or later maybe in a Chinese dialect.

My theory is that Rugby School originally called the game "Assocer" to accurately reflect its source in "Association" and also to reflect English Public School traditions. Later changed to Soccer by the early pioneers of PC.

The emergence of footy-soccer has been talked about for too long in America.

They had their project 2010 for the world cup, that never came.

America may get in a good showing one of these world cups, but then, they will just be like a number of other teams that have had those good showings but are not so much seen as being among the perennial powers.

I think things will basically continue as is.

On 05/03/2017 at 5:14 PM, JAL said:

Absolutely gutted to find that DW gym next to the cinema in town is set to close at the end of this month 31st March .

With it comes 11 redundancies and around 1800 members displaced.

What is the reason, under utilised?

Just now, preston blue said:

What is the reason, under utilised?

Possibly ! the membership dropped to around 1500 then rose to around 1800 so im led to believe. The other DW gym at Guide undertook a refit recently that hasn't gone down too well with its members. DW's plan was to increase the cost of membership at the Guide gym but it lost members as a result some of them moved to the town centre gym. 

Would have thought an increase in membership fees across both sites would have kept it sustainable but hey ho Blackburn's now set to lose a quality gym with around 1800 people having to squeeze into the Guide gym which already has just short of 3000 members so the staff tell me.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Dog poo in bags hanging from branches....yuk yuk yuk.

Why do the brainless sods pick it up, bag it and then chuck it.

They should be made to eat it slowly by sucking it in via a straw.

Disgusting litter / poo louts.

I used to do this with my dogs as there were no litter bins around, but I'd pick it up on my way back. Bag was never there for longer than 10mins.

If they're being left for ages, then I agree with you.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but this one is a bit localised 

The outcry ,shock and cries for a shark cull that follow an attack in waters known for shark activity.

Fair enough if a shark invaded somebodys front room, but they live in the bloody sea, we do not and if you are stupid enough to go p***ing about on a surfboard in these areas that is not the shark and its natural instincts problem

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to vent about eBay.

Absolutely ridiculous that a seller cannot leave negative feedback about a buyer or non-buyer (in my case).

I've recently been selling a car and so many times timewasting idiots have bid and simply not turned up, or lied pretending that their Mrs had bid by mistake etc. It is a disgrace that you can't warn other sellers of people like this. The latest one to 'buy' my car had lots of positive feedback but amongst it were a lot of negative remarks (under positive feedback) from disgruntled sellers.  I don't know why these people get off on it or why eBay encourages it.

Screenshot_20170717-000620.png

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Just wanted to vent about eBay.

Absolutely ridiculous that a seller cannot leave negative feedback about a buyer or non-buyer (in my case).

I've recently been selling a car and so many times timewasting idiots have bid and simply not turned up, or lied pretending that their Mrs had bid by mistake etc. It is a disgrace that you can't warn other sellers of people like this. The latest one to 'buy' my car had lots of positive feedback but amongst it were a lot of negative remarks (under positive feedback) from disgruntled sellers.  I don't know why these people get off on it or why eBay encourages it.

Screenshot_20170717-000620.png

I've stopped selling on eBay now for multiple reasons. I got fed up of relisting items then paying eBay fees dont mind the 10% FVF it's the selling add ons reserve ect then PayPal take there cut. Then you have to claim the credits back when eBay take there money thinking the item has been sold. Things do eventually sell due to the traffic generated on there if priced right its dealing with the ratio of 5 messers to 1 genuine buyer or thereabouts a mild estimate. EBay aren't bothered I've tried leaving feedback before & encountered problems. I just buy on there now less hassle. Anyway hope the motor shifts think it should do eventually just after go thru messing about before it does.

Why isn't the new Ewood roundabout, at the end of Shearer way, outside the Fox and Hounds, not being maintained with the grass currently looking very overgrown untidy and neglected less than twelve months into its new life.

So the electrification of the railway lines in the North have once again been scrapped by the bloody Tories, this whilst the HS2 vanity project moves ahead at speed?

Get them out!

• Moderation Lead

That Northern Powerhouse though lads?........Plenty called it as being lip service at the time and what do you know?!

The London-centric nature of this country is so far beyond a joke.

Archived