BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett wouldn't come

Keith Hill I'm not sure on but he is blue and white and will be good in L1 next year.

No to Ainsworth

No to Pardew

No to Di Matteo

No to Nigel Adkins

No to Brian McDermott

Wouldn't mind Sherwood

No to Steve Clarke

Think it will be someone continental with links to Portugal.

Not sure who I want tbh yet! I'm savouring the moment though that we've got rid of this complete clown (Coyle).

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Rowett wouldn't come

Keith Hill I'm not sure on but he is blue and white and will be good in L1 next year.

No to Ainsworth

No to Pardew

No to Di Matteo

No to Nigel Adkins

No to Brian McDermott

Wouldn't mind Sherwood

No to Steve Clarke

Think it will be someone continental with links to Portugal.

Not sure who I want tbh yet! I'm savouring the moment though that we've got rid of this complete clown (Coyle).

I think Marinho is quite happy at manure

2 ways to go from here on. 

1) Is to appoint a short term manager until the summer who will give us the best chance of survival and then re-assess. Someone with substantial experience of this league and relegation scraps who could come in and hit the ground running. Big bonus for survival.

2) Think about the longer term and appoint someone who could hopefully keep us up, but if he can't then he's the man we want to try and get us back up at the first attempt. Someone with a longer term view in mind.

My 'ideal' shortlist would be Jackett, Rowett, Warburton, Davies, McLeish, Adkins. Jackett would be a serious contender for me. Knows this division and League One extremely well and operated as a 'head coach' at Wolves. However he's a man of integrity who wouldn't accept being messed about by Venkys and Senior. Warburton apparently interested in the Forest madhouse recently so perhaps not impossible, although we're probably not even considering him.

I expect Senior will be looking abroad for a puppet, however he has to be careful as get this one wrong and he'll be in the firing line, which might see a short term troubleshooter brought in until the summer.

Expect to see dreadful names like Ainsworth, Redfearn and co back in contention.

Johnson and Dunn should only be in charge of the team until a new manager is appointed. Zero experience of managing in this league and not what is needed in this dire situation. Need someone clued up in terms of organising a defence and fire fighting.

Archived