BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

At least Adkins comes across as a nice kinda guy. It'd be refreshing listening to somebody post match who didn't make you want to put your fist through the tv/radio.

"Adkins continually breeds positivity in his interviews, to the point where fans have started to play word bingo as to what phrase he will use next, with ‘endeavour’, ‘game day’ and ‘can they do it in the arena’ featuring high on peoples lists."

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-sheffield-united-manager-nigel-adkins-is-a-managerial-fraud/

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Theysaid that they are hoping to speak to Paul Senior tonight to see who will take training tomorrow and who in charge for Burton. Will it Johnson and Dunn?

Probably Senior. Write the theme tune, sing the theme tune..........

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The two clear stand out candidates are Rowett and Warburton.

Billy Davies could probably spark a short term improvement until the end of the season.

There was a Lincoln blogger/fan on the radio the other night. Rates their boss as one of the best young managers in the game. Said his preparation and approach is meticulous to a fault and he works every hour God sends.

Why is Mowbray's name even being mentioned?

Rowett not interested, from a friend in the game. And they do not come much dodgier than Warburton.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Not my first choice but I don't think we could complain too much at Adkins.

Who would you deem suitable  to be linked to "a Club like Blackburn."?

McCleish would take it and I'd take him on a contract till end of the year.

He'd be boring but we'd keep clean sheets

warbs Roweett won't touch it

Just now, perthblue02 said:

"Adkins continually breeds positivity in his interviews, to the point where fans have started to play word bingo as to what phrase he will use next, with ‘endeavour’, ‘game day’ and ‘can they do it in the arena’ featuring high on peoples lists."

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-sheffield-united-manager-nigel-adkins-is-a-managerial-fraud/

Touché.

Look, he's not Owen Coyle okay :).

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Well I'm off him after reading that.  So Adkins it is, buggar.

I think Gareth Ainsworth is worth a game. Would give passion to the team and orgainse the team. 

Rowett and Warburton would be good choices but wont work for Venkys I bet. 

No to Mowbray

JFH is ok. 

Adkins is decent but has failed recently. What would he bring different to Coyle? Will he bring in a different staff that he hasnt failed with before. 

Just now, RV Blue said:

Warbuton has to be the first choice. He wanted the Forest job so isn't against working under crackpot owners, and he's got a coaching team...

Too dodgy, too much of a mercenary. All the stuff coming out up here about how he left Rangers is fairly grim, and he wasn't even doing a particularly good job.

I wouldn't want Hasselbaink either. Is he better than Coyle.

Will they go for a " firefighting " short term gamble or will they accept we'll probably be playing in the next division down season and appoint somebody whose experienced at that level and who'll be able to get us back up again ?

The one surety is whatever the most logical thing to do is the Chokers will do the opposite.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Sounds perfect...

Well he's proven he'll work under a dodgy set up with Dave King and co. Allegedly he openly told the Rangers hierarchy he was using the club as a stepping stone to get a better job in England. Even as a Celtic(and rovers obviously) supporter I find that fairly poor form. Hilarious, but poor form.

Archived