BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well Parson, if you had to chose who would you have put in charge for training and Friday's game - Lowe or Johnno/ Dunny ? And if you were Johnno/Dunny how would you be feeling now ?

I doubt Johnno and Dunny wouldn't want it long term - still far too early for them.  Dunny was dropped in it at Oldham by the Chairman at that club and I doubt he would fall for that again.  Both are learning their trade and doing extremely well and probably are more than happy to let Lowe step up.  I suspect both will assist him with training.  I still expect there to be an appointment tomorrow and suspect someone like Adkins will get the job.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

Been here a number of years Tyrone.  He is part of the Academy set-up and is the coach to the Academy coaches - a requirement of gaining Grade 1 status.  He was at a number of pre-season first team games and I last saw him the other week watching the Under-23's at Southport.  He had a short spell in charge of the Under-18's at one point, I think it was when Gary moved up to first team manager and everyone moved up a position.

Wait, we can have a coach to coach the coaches but we're not allowed a right back?

Mixed messages by the bucketload. Radio Lancashire reporting that David Lowe will take training and manage the team at Burton unless an appointment is made before Friday. On the surface that's odd as the obvious route would be to hand it to Johnson for the next few days. Unless they know it is going to be extremely short lived and want to leave Johnson to concentrate on the U23s.

The link to Jewell isnt the first time. He was heavily linked in the early period last summer and I heard at one stage he was strong favourite back then. He's the sort of desperado yesterdays man like Coyle that I worry we will be shopping for.

On the other hand Sky Bet have stopped offering odds on the job saying they understand the position has already been filled. It isn't like them to stop taking money unless they know something concrete and given the web of agents over at their HQ I'd trust their beliefs.

I'd be relatively satisfied if they gave it to Adkins. The only serious blemish on his CV was his spell at Sheffield United where he failed to get the biggest club in Lge One even into the play-offs. Having said that he has a 40% win record there so hardly a disaster and over his career at 4 clubs he has a 44% win record and 4 promotions. His record is actually similar to Lambert's in terms of their similar records at Norwich and Southampton. At Reading in his only full season in charge he took them to 7th above us in Bowyer's first season and had all sorts of issues there with the takeover. He'd be a far better choice than Coyle and I'd hope people got behind him if he was the appointment. 

If there really is no-one ready and waiting to start work and we're seriously thinking about sending a patched up caretaker job to Burton for a massive game then we're in deep, deep trouble, if we weren't already.

Just now, matt83 said:
Just now, A cup of beans said:

Bayes seems to allude that he's only a short stop-gap. Maybe even for a day at most.

I won't panic til he comes on Radio Rovers saying he doesn't want the job (like Gary Boring).

It strikes me that Johnson and Dunn have turned it down, hence the leapfrogging of Lowe.

It is highly likely that someone is lined up, with a coaching team ready to go. Probably just a case of getting it over the line.

If I am not mistaken David Lowe was originally in charge of the Under 18's for a while and has since taken another role within the academy what that is I am not too sure. I think he was orignally in charge of the under 18's when Tomlinson, Mahoney, and a few others were playing in that line up. 

Archived