BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Just now, neophox said:

Nigel Adkins did extremely well at Southampton and S@#/?horpe... Ok at Reading and Sheffield U are no one getting promoted...

Gotta love the swear filter. Some of the words getting through recently and it censors S@#/?horpe! :lol:

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I thought I was down with the kids, but what does FUD mean?! Seen it mentioned a few times in relation to Nixon recently.

I haven't a clue! 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just realised I have been blocked!  

You're not missing much.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just realised I have been blocked!  

Think it would be quite funny if the club announced the successor at 11-00 tonight or tomorrow night saying it's an eleven oclocker.

That would really pi$$ Nixon off.

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Hilarious read that. To a man completely incredulous at the 'nobody' Pochettino taking over. Didn't work out too bad for them...what do fans know, eh!

One of them even said Pochettino was coming in as a defensive coach as well haha.

4 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Adkins did really well up till 4 years ago but since than he's failed at 2 clubs. Hate to say it but his record isn't that dissimilar to Coyle's.  

His record is significantly better than Coyle's. For starters he's had 4 promotions, including that famous back to back with Southampton. Lambert's career has been built around doing the same with Norwich around the same time. 

In his two 'failures' at Reading and Sheffield United he finished in the top half of the league in his 2 full seasons and has win percentages of 36% at Reading (which included half a season in the Premier League when they were way out of their depth) and 40% at Sheffield.

Yes it was a failure to not take Sheffield to at least the top 6 in League One, but other managers have failed to get them promoted recently, including Nigel Clough.

I'm not saying he's the messiah but his record is actually pretty decent. 44% wins over 4 clubs and 450+ games is way better than Coyle's performance of low 30% records at Rovers, Wigan and Bolton. 

I'd much sooner take a punt on someone with Adkins experience than a needless gamble with an unproven coach or lower league manager.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't Adkins bring through youth at Southampton. Did a good job at Southampton and S@#/?horpe United. But concern at his failure at Sheff Utd

54 minutes ago, chor808 said:

Test s@#/?horpe 

I thought Chaddy was been rude but you can't say s@#/?horpe 

How ridiculous that the swear filter doesn't allow one to state the name of a football league club. S@#/?horpe United

Come on Admin, Mods, whatever. In this modern world there must be ways of allowing that name to escape the filters.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

This Daily Mail article says Dunn wont be permanent boss. But Johnson and Dunn in charge for Burton game

https://t.co/IWFFKMmaK3 via https://t.co/F1kcnfQgIH

There's some confusion and conflicting stuff coming out in the media.. Radio lancashire saying Lowe taking training and Burton game if appointment not made before.. But then bayes expects an immediate appointment 

Nigel Adkins favourite and ITV say he has been offered the @Rovers job, we need to think bigger @GazHolt83 @perkins_mark #Rovers

I know Twitter can be full of rubbish, but anybody else heard that bit about ITV, or is it just rubbish?

Just now, Phil T said:

Nigel Adkins favourite and ITV say he has been offered the @Rovers job, we need to think bigger @GazHolt83 @perkins_mark #Rovers

I know Twitter can be full of rubbish, but anybody else heard that bit about ITV, or is it just rubbish?

Everything Pointing that way especially with betting suspended  but betting can be suspended due to other reasons ie may not be cut and dried 

Anyone stupid or desperate enough to cone and work here deserves a medal or to be sectioned.  At least whoever it is can guarantee themselves a lot of money for a short period of time but anyone with a growing reputation wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

32 minutes ago, A cup of beans said:

It's relevant as you had a little dig at Mr Nixon, despite you chasing round after him and quoting his information for years.

You've sought his information and been happy to receive it.

I actually am starting to enjoy chaddys ridiculous brass neck 

Comical chaddi 

there are no nuclear weapons in Iraq 

Archived